ADVERTISEMENT

What schools don't play football on campus (any level)???

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I'm pretty certain Franklin is the only one in Region 1A. James Monroe in Fredericksburg still plays off campus at old Maury Stadium. And I believe Amelia County's football facility is located across a street from the school.

Salem plays at Salem Stadium (Civic Ctr complex)
Glass and Heritage play at City Stadium
Hampton schools play at Darling Stadium
Newport News schools play at Todd Stadium

Thanks and the funny things is I forgot about Newport News/Hampton as I have actually been to games in those stadiums!!! The reason for the question is that on rschool one can view a map where schools are located and I got to thinking what if a team doesn't play on campus. Those maps wouldn't be much good if you didn't know a certain school didn't play on campus.

Reactions: mike salem
Thanks and the funny things is I forgot about Newport News/Hampton as I have actually been to games in those stadiums!!! The reason for the question is that on rschool one can view a map where schools are located and I got to thinking what if a team doesn't play on campus. Those maps wouldn't be much good if you didn't know a certain school didn't play on campus.
I think Williamsburg/JCC plays at Wanner Stadium.
There are a lot of schools that play off campus.

Hopewell plays at Merner Field which is located at the old James Mallonee High which was the school for whites only until they combined Mallonee High and Carter G Woodson High to form Hopewell High in 1967..Merner Field was the product of the WPA and still in use. Love the stadium with the pressbox actually on the visitors side.

TC Williams is playing off campus, outside the city of Alexandria, and indoors at the St. James in Springfield this year while their stadium is being renovated.

Yorktown plays at Greenbrier Park which is next to the school but I think it's technically a county park and not part of the school campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT