ADVERTISEMENT

What surprised you most, college edition

Yeah, Fuente really screwed that program!! They have alot of rebuilding to do at VT. The fact that there were grad students with full rides throughout their time there that had never seen the field shows how mis managed they were under Fuente
It’s really hard to think that they’ll ever be good again. I lost all confidence in Pry when he allowed Wells to be the QB all this time. I’ll call it what it is, but you peep how quick the masses will take credibility away from a Joe Milton or Jalen Milroe, but will make excuses for absolute SCRUBS/BUMS like Grant Wells and Phil Jurkovec. It is what it is. I’m happy that JMU and Liberty are Virginia’s college football teams.

Last edited:
You say this like I care. It's a joke program now.

Colorado isn't your savior, Deion isn't your new god. You'll find another false idol in due time, though.
False idol? The man is giving black boys opportunities, hope, and something tangible to believe in. Speak for yourself, enjoy the 1-11 seasons and overanalyzing your high school team.

Reactions: Kilroy25
False idol? The man is giving black boys opportunities, hope, and something tangible to believe in. Speak for yourself, enjoy the 1-11 seasons and overanalyzing your high school team.

You've got an opinion about 86 different VA and NC teams lmao and the one you really care about you're now going to just keep quiet about because the last time you spoke up Amherst made you look the fool.

You've got an opinion about 86 different VA and NC teams lmao and the one you really care about you're now going to just keep quiet about because the last time you spoke up Amherst made you look the fool.
I know my 💩? I live in a bigger world than Salem? Also said Amherst would be a top 4 team in the Region over the summer? Oh okay!

I’ve never been a “lover” of Prime, but I always enjoyed him and his personality. I will tell you that he is a breath of fresh air to college football.

I am an old guy, so I enjoyed the days when kids went to a college for four years and loyalty was important. But, I’m wise enough to know this is an entirely different world we live in now. Not necessarily better, but unarguably different. That being said, what Coach Sanders has done is extremely forward thinking. Certainly precedent thinking.

His program has taken good players, and created an environment that encourages and permits kids to be everything they can be…, in fact exceed what they would be under a more sedate program.

I don’t have any skin in the game, so I’m not judging. But I’m damn sure enjoying the excitement.

LOL! How about if UVA even wins a game?
UVA is in better shape than VT. The tragic events last year set them back. I think they should’ve went harder for AP but at least their coach has coached and developed talent like Watson, Etienne and Lawrence and has a Natty. I’ve met Pry, great guy, but his product looks bad. I know I know, give them time but they should look better than they do.

@1MoreHokie, why would it be funny? Why is this phenonminon so detested. I am a huge Hokie fan and have been since I was 6. Imagine if VA Tech could bring that kind of talent to match the awesome fan base. It would be must see television. I know it's not going to happen, but I would love to see Coach Sanders and his team unseat the "Kings" of college football. Again, I was up until the end last night and it was worth it.

Lol, just think of all the people that stayed up till after 2am watching that game, the fact they have the highest ticket prices for games now!! You can’t say this isn’t good for the college football scene, I’m excited to see what happens once he gets a couple of years of recruiting under his belt. It’s better for football when the coach is the reason for a kid going there instead of the money!! Which is what college football has become. It’s nothing for a kid to make 6 digit incomes from NIL now days and not even played a down for the team. This isn’t good for college football. Pretty soon high school football is going to be the only pure football outlet we will have!!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
UVA is in better shape than VT. The tragic events last year set them back. I think they should’ve went harder for AP but at least their coach has coached and developed talent like Watson, Etienne and Lawrence and has a Natty. I’ve met Pry, great guy, but his product looks bad. I know I know, give them time but they should look better than they do.
Don’t get me wrong. That tragedy at UVA has understandably had a sad and terrible affect. But, I just think that everything about the program is wrong. It started with the way the coaching change came about. It set a bad tone.

Bo, I sent you a text a few minutes ago. Are the last three digits of your cell still 111? If not, send me a text with your new number please.

Don’t get me wrong. That tragedy at UVA has understandably had a sad and terrible affect. But, I just think that everything about the program is wrong. It started with the way the coaching change came about. It set a bad tone.
Got a
Bo, I sent you a text a few minutes ago. Are the last three digits of your cell still 111? If not, send me a text with your new number please.
I got an 804 number maybe 4 years ago. If you can PM me, I’ll give you my new number!

I know my 💩? I live in a bigger world than Salem? Also said Amherst would be a top 4 team in the Region over the summer? Oh okay!

Top 4 in D is like Top 4 in the ACC, useless. You also said GW by 4 TDs over Amherst based on watching Dinwiddie bash GW's brains in for one game.

D is terrible as a region. Maybe you have two decent teams in a given year but that's it. You might have one this year and I stress might.

Top 4 in D is like Top 4 in the ACC, useless. You also said GW by 4 TDs over Amherst based on watching Dinwiddie bash GW's brains in for one game.

D is terrible as a region. Maybe you have two decent teams in a given year but that's it. You might have one this year and I stress might.
What’s your point? Top 4 is top 4 and Amherst hasn’t been mentioned in top anything in years.

I actually watched GW beat Huguenot and over estimated their trajectory. Unlike you, I come back to Preps and say I’m wrong when I am. GW is just as bad as Virginia Tech is.

It’s really hard to think that they’ll ever be good again. I lost all confidence in Pry when he allowed Wells to be the QB all this time. I’ll call it what it is, but you peep how quick the masses will take credibility away from a Joe Milton or Jalen Milroe, but will make excuses for absolute SHRUBS/BUMS like Grant Wells and Phil Jurkovec. It is what it is. I’m happy that JMU and Liberty are Virginia’s college football teams.

Yeah, Jurkovec is flat out terrible as well. I caught a bit of that game. It was hard to watch. And the things is, I remember when those games, Pitt vs WVU, WVU vs Tech were GOOD games!

Yeah, Jurkovec is flat out terrible as well. I caught a bit of that game. It was hard to watch. And the things is, I remember when those games, Pitt vs WVU, WVU vs Tech were GOOD games!
He was 10 for 34 last week and before I turned to the Colorado game, he threw a wounded duck with absolutely no pressure on him for a pick. Tyler Buchner is hot garbage too. I liked Tech went to the ACC but the old Big East was a better fit and better games with WV, Pitt, Boston College and Syracuse. Good old days!

I don't care if Colorado was playing Virginia Union right now this great for college football. Shedeur Sanders is a straight up baller and leader. Yes, Colorado has some serious weaknesses, but dang they are fun to watch. We all just need to let this play out. Just be thankful Coach Sanders genuinely gives a rip about his players futures and treats them with dignity and respect. His "hype" is providing his and the opposing teams players an opportunity to be seen by scouts in every league. Buffalo's win! To quote an old legend. "Whether you like it or you don't learn to love it, because this is the best show going today". Woooooo!
speaking of which VUU is top ten in D2.

He was 10 for 34 last week and before I turned to the Colorado game, he threw a wounded duck with absolutely no pressure on him for a pick. Tyler Buchner is hot garbage too. I liked Tech went to the ACC but the old Big East was a better fit and better games with WV, Pitt, Boston College and Syracuse. Good old days!
What were the three schools the ACC added recently, and when do they start competing for ACC championships?

It was reactionary and not a good move. I haven't been impressed with Phillips as commissioner. But I don't think it's going to matter too much because the ACC won't be around for much longer, at least not as it is now.

The funny part will be in 15-20 years when people get tired of the P2 and break off into a bunch of smaller conferences again.

That was essentially NC State's line of thinking when they flipped their vote. NCSU doesn't trust UNC, and want to position themselves for whatever regional conference is left after a mega conference. State is and has been pushing hard for AAU membership. Cal and Stanford are of course AAU members.

BUT that's been the ACC's problem this entire time. You have academics (like Jim Phillips) at a high level making decisions based on academics when it's his job to go to the presidents and chancellors and explain to them that adding these three schools isn't a good idea.

Disney is tightening their belt. You just added scraps for something like $70 million. So, yeah, you're leveraging your contract in the short term, but I'd bet ESPN is going to remember that. And Cal and Stanford are basically the equivalent of Northwestern and Vanderbilt. Those schools aren't replacements for Clemson/FSU/UNC and aren't going to keep them from leaving. Just failed leadership going back to at least as far as when WVU wanted to join, and I'm by no means a WVU fan.

6-team parlay:

VT +6
Clemson ML
Notre Dame ML
Liberty -10
Oregon -20.5
North Carolina -6.5

Probably dead in the water. But if it hits, I'm getting about 55-1 😂

VA Tech will cost you. My Hokies offense is just horrendous. I like the Drones kid, but they have no running game and the receivers cannot get separation.

Everything else is reasonable. Oregon is giving 21 now and the over and under is +70. That's a strange combo. Just saying.

That was a winnable game for Tech! If there's one thing that stood out, to me at least, it was that one long drive they gave up. Had them backed up, 3rd & 6 (?) and gave up a first down on pass interference. Turned into a 98 yard TD drive for Marshall.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
VA Tech will cost you. My Hokies offense is just horrendous. I like the Drones kid, but they have no running game and the receivers cannot get separation.

Everything else is reasonable. Oregon is giving 21 now and the over and under is +70. That's a strange combo. Just saying.
The point spread is enticing for gamblers. The point spread in this game should be 35-40 points. Beyond this oddball +70 on the over/under anyone believing Colorado is a top tier team is something I cannot understand. 57-14? on the over 49-10 on the under?

Yeah, I should focus more on just a couple games a week. I knew that Oregon game would be a huge opportunity as long as they got past CSU. With parlays (especially same game parlays), the house has a massive edge. They're really not a good deal at all. Just something for entertainment.

Last edited:
Yeah, I should focus more on just a couple games a week. I knew that Oregon game would be a huge opportunity as long as they got past CSU. With parlays (especially same game parlays), the house has a massive edge. They're really not a good deal at all. Just something for entertainment.
One thing you have to be careful with is betting based on name recognition. Traditional NCAA football is a thing of the past. That really began when App State went into the Big House and ran circles around Michigan. Troy quietly beat LSU in 2017 and now Georgia is "primed" to be beaten by another lower level program. The Citadel played 2018 Alabama even for an entire half and now Who? University is going to beat Alabama sooner or later. Figuring out point spreads and over/under outcomes will be harder than keeping up with all the portal transfers. A west coast team can end their ultra long NCAA title drought unless Ohio State wins it all.

How bout them JMU Dukes?!!! It's a shame the NCAA rules won't allow them to play for the Sun Belt Conference Championship game for their first 2 years in the conference, nor are they allowed to play in a Bowl game. The rules need to be changed so a new conference member must remain in the conference for 10 years, but championship game and bowl game eligible immediately.

How bout them JMU Dukes?!!! It's a shame the NCAA rules won't allow them to play for the Sun Belt Conference Championship game for their first 2 years in the conference, nor are they allowed to play in a Bowl game. The rules need to be changed so a new conference member must remain in the conference for 10 years, but championship game and bowl game eligible immediately.
Ridiculous! The Dukes are now Virginia’s team and I love it! One of my kids is redshirting for you all this year and I have another one coming next year, probably JMU’s highest recruit ever. Go Dukes!

Hope all is well with you my friend!

Ridiculous! The Dukes are now Virginia’s team and I love it! One of my kids is redshirting for you all this year and I have another one coming next year, probably JMU’s highest recruit ever. Go Dukes!

All is well in Berryville with me my friend! Somehow managed to find a great woman who's only fault is she's not a football fan! Lol!

JMU would be at the bottom of the ACC along with Virginia and Virginia Tech. Virginia and Virginia Tech are both out recruiting JMU,but plays in the easier conference/schedule. No real talent with aspirations of get into the NFL Will choose JMU over UVA or Virginia. FACT!!

JMU would be at the bottom of the ACC along with Virginia and Virginia Tech. Virginia and Virginia Tech are both out recruiting JMU,but plays in the easier conference/schedule. No real talent with aspirations of get into the NFL Will choose JMU over UVA or Virginia. FACT!!
OMG man give it a break. JMU has one of the highest winning percentages in all of college football. They’ve won national championships and was always in the hunt for FCS titles. VT hasn’t been relevant since 2011 and what has UVA done? Liberty is a better program than Tech or UVA.

Liberty is a covering machine! I broke even this week with that teaser. I don't think a lot of people bet on Liberty. I've been watching them.

Last edited:
JMU gets a lot of underrated talent. Dontrae Henderson comes to mind this year. They were really close to getting the kid from Dutch Fork last year had Clemson not offered at the last minute. They get a lot of guys like that. Have to remember what some of the smaller schools are able to get through the portal now too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT