ADVERTISEMENT

What surprised you most, college edition

I am extremely shocked that there are so many more people still hyping the Colorado Buffaloes on virginiapreps.com than in the first week of the season.
Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

TCU game blew everything out of proportion for Buffs and/or Deion fans. Surface-level fans remained ignorant of what TCU actually lost, thinking because the last game they played was the title game, it was the same team. Meanwhile, fast-forward a few months and TCU is going to finish 4-8 or 5-7 at best barring upsets of two top 10 teams in the last three weeks. That immediately set expectations out of wack.

CU should finish 5-7, which is commendable if you compare them to the 1-11 team from last year but you also probably shouldn't do that since there is almost no similarity on the roster between those two teams. The 2022 Buffs almost completely disappeared in the offseason and this team might as well be the Colorado Bison. If he had taken Colorado's '22 roster, made a handful of roster changes and coached the rest and improved four wins then yea, that right there is something but he built a free-agent team with an elite QB and beat a bunch of sub-.500 teams, it just doesn't scream "make room in the HoF" to me. The one position group that is killing them, the OL, is also the group you can't portal your way to greatness in and actually needs to be recruited and coached up over time. Can he do this before he gets his own child killed on the field? We shall see.

VT not beating the top 25 soon but they are a markedly better team than last year and are currently murdering BC on the road (where VT is yet to win a game this season). Lots of positive growth for VT, movement in the right direction that the fanbase has been seeking. Nobody's asking for miracles, just don't want to see things go in reverse and since the Drones experiment began, they have been moving in the right direction.

VT should win out with Morris deciding to redshirt at State. If they can stop the run. State with Armstrong and UVA like to run the ball.

Last edited:
Grayson Loftis was playing for Gaffney this time last year. Tez Walker is from the city. This is why I like college football.

Last edited:
I still think it’s a matter of time. They’re playing tough competition and someday it will happen. They’re not getting blown out against the big boys and they’re beating everyone that they are supposed to beat. The playoffs will be expanding soon and I expect them to be contenders on a regular basis. Just need to keep getting those recruits and it will happen. You put up a stat that includes losses when he first started at Penn State and expected him to loose those games to the big boys. Yes, it still occurring but they are in games and playing respectable football. Sometimes that wheel is slow to turn but as a Penn State fan it is turning in a positive direction.

I still think it’s a matter of time. They’re playing tough competition and someday it will happen. They’re not getting blown out against the big boys and they’re beating everyone that they are supposed to beat. The playoffs will be expanding soon and I expect them to be contenders on a regular basis. Just need to keep getting those recruits and it will happen. You put up a stat that includes losses when he first started at Penn State and expected him to loose those games to the big boys. Yes, it still occurring but they are in games and playing respectable football. Sometimes that wheel is slow to turn but as a Penn State fan it is turning in a positive direction.

Who do they bring on for OC? Young QB. I thought he looked tentative at times in big games.

Who do they bring on for OC? Young QB. I thought he looked tentative at times in big games.
Don’t know who they bring at this point in the season but I think it might have been a good call. You are right about Allar, he looks a little shaky against the big boys but hopefully he matures over time. I believe that was a reason for the firing of the OC. Penn State has traditionally lacked at the QB position but when they get one that is respectable they usually win a lot. Even Paterno struggled in this area. Hey, Montana, Marino, Kelly, Namath and Hostetler are all quarterbacks that either won or guided a team to a Super Bowl but none of them went to Penn State yet all grew up in western PA. I think that is very interesting. Speaking of Paterno, it took him 17 years before he won a national title. It took Art Rooney decades to win a Super Bowl. That is why I feel it’s important to give Franklin more time. After all, it’s hard to fire a guy that is consistently winning 10 plus games a year and going to New Year’s bowl games. Just my opinion.

JMU Dukes are 10-0, ESPN Gameday is making their 3rd appearance there this Saturday. Life is good for this JMU alum!😁

I saw where the NCAA denied their appeal to be eligible for the conference championship and potential NY6 bowl. Hate it for those guys because they definitely deserve that opportunity with the way they've been playing.

I saw where the NCAA denied their appeal to be eligible for the conference championship and potential NY6 bowl. Hate it for those guys because they definitely deserve that opportunity with the way they've been playing.
They knew the rules and AGREED TO THEM! EVERY team has been through the same rule,so JMU is not special.

They knew the rules and AGREED TO THEM! EVERY team has been through the same rule,so JMU is not special.

JMU didn't make the rules though. What's the alternative there?

I just think this was an opportunity for the NCAA to do the right thing, and most people would approve, much like the Tez Walker situation... NCAA just can't get out their own way.

JMU didn't make the rules though. What's the alternative there?

I just think this was an opportunity for the NCAA to do the right thing, and most people would approve, much like the Tez Walker situation... NCAA just can't get out their own way.
Every school that has made the move ACCEPTED the SAME conditions. The RIGHT THING is to STICK TO THE RULES that every other team has been through and look forward to next season. Teach the kids to accept a SIGNED CONTRACT,and REAL LIFE will be much better.

With the amount of money being bet on CFB, it wouldn't surprise me if some deranged gambler tracked down one of these officials over a blown call.

Last edited:
Players continue dropping the football at the 1 yard line only to run into the end zone and celebrate the touchdown that they did not score. We are told that today’s football player is bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and stronger and faster and smarter. Is it true?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT