ADVERTISEMENT

What surprised you most, college edition

Players continue dropping the football at the 1 yard line only to run into the end zone and celebrate the touchdown that they did not score. We are told that today’s football player is bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and stronger and faster and smarter. Is it true?

I don't know man. You see some really perplexing stuff from a coaching standpoint too. Maybe there's some correlation there.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
NMSU just trouncing Hugh Freeze two years in a row is hilarious. Doofus coach.

Btw Jerry Kill (NMSU HC) is a good dude. If Fuente had listened to Kill, he'd probably still have a job.

I don't know man. You see some really perplexing stuff from a coaching standpoint too. Maybe there's some correlation there.
Fans also. Football fans can be perplexing. I believe every Virginiaprep.com messageboard poster that was hyping the Colorado Buffaloes 🦬 after they beat the completely pathetic; TCU Horned Frogs, should be made to sing the national anthem to the tune of Old McDonald Had A Dog before the start of each Virginia state championship game, in their underwear with a purple dunce cap on their head, while holding a “I Am A Football Fan” sign with two hands over their head, but in a group formation.

Every school that has made the move ACCEPTED the SAME conditions. The RIGHT THING is to STICK TO THE RULES that every other team has been through and look forward to next season. Teach the kids to accept a SIGNED CONTRACT,and REAL LIFE will be much better.
Agreed, but what we're saying is that the rule doesn't make sense. If a team moves from fcs to fbs, make them have to stay in fbs for 10 years, but don't penalize them for being good by denying their record.

It's in place to help with the transition from FCS to FBS. Ok.

Did anyone consider the possibility of a program like JMU hitting the ground running? Apparently not.

NCAA could've put an out there in the bylaw --

If you're top 25, eligible for the conference championship, etc and in good standing, academics, support staff are where they're suppose to be, you're eligible.

The silly thing about it is JMU could still very well play in a bowl game, so NCAA is basically saying, you're not going to be eligible unless it's one of these lower tier bowls, then it's fine. I mean...?? Lol

Really seems like the NCAA is more interested in going on a power trip instead of just letting common sense prevail. Then they complain over the backlash.

Well, we feel for those kids, we might ought to reexamine the rule... lol

Last edited:
They might want to just worry about beating App State.

I had a feeling that was going to be a hard faught game. Maybe the fight over post season eligibility won't mean as much after the loss. I don't like passing the ball every down when it's goal-to-go, both teams did it. Not sure if that's a Sun Belt thing or what.

Every school that has made the move ACCEPTED the SAME conditions. The RIGHT THING is to STICK TO THE RULES that every other team has been through and look forward to next season. Teach the kids to accept a SIGNED CONTRACT,and REAL LIFE will be much better.
Waiver application exists as part of the rules? What on earth are you pretending to rant about?

Well, we know for sure one team that won't be taking a bid from JMU. That's Colorado. Deion maybe should've stayed put. Would've been legend.

Last edited:
NMSU just trouncing Hugh Freeze two years in a row is hilarious. Doofus coach.

Btw Jerry Kill (NMSU HC) is a good dude. If Fuente had listened to Kill, he'd probably still have a job.

Who's calling the defense for the Hokies? I figured they'd beat State. Senior day, bowl eligibility on the line...Lane was kinda quiet from what I seen.

What I'd been saying all year: progress. Got the right guy under center and things have been improving every week. They're 8-4 or 9-3 with Drones and current offensive scheme going at Week 1.

They're not back but they doubled the win total and made a bowl, that's solid year 2 progress considering where Fuente left this program.

They ought to throw a flag every time someone tries to start something after giving up a big play. Time for fighting has passed. Should be 15 yards every time.

Last edited:
JMU fans are so funny 🤣
I am on a mission to have the local Costco and Walmarts and other retailers that have all the UVA, Va Tech, and WVU swag for sale to start carrying JMU swag as well! Been registering my displeasure to managers and employees whenever I can! JMU is closer to this area than WVU is anyway! GOOOOOOOOO DUKES!😊

Predictions are JMU vs. LU in Cure Bowl on Dec. 16. In Orlando. So possibly the two BEST College programs in Virginia will determine the best College Football team in Virginia.
Projections have JMU IN New Orleans and LU in Texas,both playing another mid major

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I know this college topic, but man this Chandler Jones stuff....is hard to watch.

People laughing and cracking jokes about it wrong on so many levels. Uncool.

Last edited:
This whole season, the best football in the country has been played on the West Coast.

This CCG is phenomenal football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT