ADVERTISEMENT

What Team Comes Out of Nowhere

That definitely wasn't the case. LT practices special teams a lot. The kick was missed and that's it. Had nothing to do with practice time.

A PK with 0 (or 1?) attempts all year cost you, end of story. There's no feasible way LT in 14 games had zero opportunities to take a FG.

Also very convenient of you to ignore the multiple penalties on that return. You sound just like Sawyer, who spent the post game hemming and hawing about the same thing you did and forgot the other penalty flag thrown on the play, an unquestionable block in the back. But of course it's easier to blame the refs than accept responsibility, isn't it?

I also love how one play late in the game kept you from winning. I guess the other 47 minutes and change didn't give you the same opportunity.

28:11 if it doesn't load up. Feel free to get some history and perspective before you come running here with this mess. Or stick to lurking.

Reactions: salemfan32
This is the type of comment that is really frustrating because it is based off nothing and completely inaccurate. I just went back and watched the entire game on hudl and calculated the totals. When the starters were in for both teams Byrd had 308 yards and 15 first downs. JF had 156 yards and 7 first downs.

Both teams pretty much had back-to-back unforced turnovers on exchanges but the Byrd fumble bounced right to a JF player for a TD. Byrd's other two turnovers were a player just dropping the ball while running and fumbling another exchange. JF's other turnover came on a strip on third down on a play where they were going to be 8 yards short on the first anyways.

On JF's last offensive drive they kept in all of their starters and Byrd put in their entire second team. JF went for 90 yards on that drive and a TD against backups.
Thank you, I knew Byrd had more offensive yards but didn’t have the time to go back on it.

2016 Dinwiddie:

Blowout
Blowout
14 point win
14 point win

2016 Salem:

Blowout
7 point win
16 point win

You're conflating Salem blowing teams out with those teams being assumedly bad but saying any close game must have been a matchup between two great teams. Look man, the reason Salem wins more than everyone else is because their coaching is better. That's it. Half the teams Salem sees in the POs have more talent than them but their coaches aren't as good so it doesn't matter.

Mags lost the preseason scrimmage against JF in 2015 because we had a brand new sophomore kicker and he kept kicking XPs instead of going for two to keep pace with JF. People made a big deal out of the slim JF win and then look at the POs, they steamroll JF and then LT has no kicking plan in place and Salem wins in OT off a short FG. Or 2016 when they had no penalties against Dinwiddie or last year when they more than won the turnover battle against Louisa. That's Salem. They're not perfect, they're not unbeatable, they simply aren't going to do it for you like many other teams do in similar situations. Has nothing to do with being more rested or more experienced in a situation. Salem beats you in practice, not at the game.

This has to be one of the best replies I've ever seen in a post because it has both undeniable fact and what everyone already knows but don't want to admit! The part where you state that Salem kids just aren't going to beat themselves for you was the truth!! I've watched many Salem games and witnessed several live and that in itself is what makes Salem Salem! Coach Mags has got to be one of the GREATEST coaches I've seen walk the football sidelines and I've seen Willis White, Joel Hicks, Taylor Edwards to name a few all time VHSL greats! But your post was as good as it gets brother from a non-Salem fan but a Salem respect fan!

Cougars are finally heathy, will be 9-1 or 8-2, gotta not give up big pass plays to EV, wiil control thier run game. Cougar O starting to rumble now. Have 6 starters back who missed first 3 games, got 2 back for the Stafford win.Yeah!

Cougars are finally heathy, will be 9-1 or 8-2, gotta not give up big pass plays to EV, wiil control thier run game. Cougar O starting to rumble now. Have 6 starters back who missed first 3 games, got 2 back for the Stafford win.Yeah!
What has changed on the defense to make u think they will control EV’s run game?

Reactions: OCBoy
Got everyone in place for the first time in 3 games. We have been missing 6 starters and two of them returned on defense agianst Stafford and we pitched a shutout on a 2-0 very good D,-5 school. I am not sure, its just our time?? Its a home! Who knows, but just having everyone finally healthy is fantastic. I worry more about the passing attack against our cover two defense which is supposed to not give up the big play. Cougars have to get pressure on Lowery and make them more one definitional.Stafford had a great dual threat QB, and very good wide outs and we held them to a total of 125 yards. Not sure we do that agianst the view, but just need to slowem down. I think our run game will alow us to play keep away and maybe dictate the game and as always turnovers, big plays and penalties will play a major part. As far as matching up athlete for athlete, were as close as anyone will be to them athleticaly during the regular season.

Reactions: OCBoy
Got everyone in place for the first time in 3 games. We have been missing 6 starters and two of them returned on defense agianst Stafford and we pitched a shutout on a 2-0 very good D,-5 school. I am not sure, its just our time?? Its a home! Who knows, but just having everyone finally healthy is fantastic. I worry more about the passing attack against our cover two defense which is supposed to not give up the big play. Cougars have to get pressure on Lowery and make them more one definitional.Stafford had a great dual threat QB, and very good wide outs and we held them to a total of 125 yards. Not sure we do that agianst the view, but just need to slowem down. I think our run game will alow us to play keep away and maybe dictate the game and as always turnovers, big plays and penalties will play a major part. As far as matching up athlete for athlete, were as close as anyone will be to them athleticaly during the regular season.
I guess what I meant is what is the big change from last year. I don't remember Courtland having an injury bug for last years game, and they had no chance. of stopping Eastern View's offense....running or passing. It was a running clock at halftime. To go from a blowout to winning the following year would usually mean a huge change. EV still looks pretty strong.

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT