ADVERTISEMENT

What would do for you favorite high school program?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
If YOU won the $500,000,000 lottery, what would you do for your favorite high school football team?

I think I would simply help continue the plans to re-do the press box and the home bleachers. And other minor things that would be much appreciated by the fans. Like restrooms on the visitors side. Pave or concert some of the troublesome areas that are always a maintenance headache. Pave more of the area near the field so parking is less of a problem, especially for those needing handicapped parking.

I would offer the option of artificial turf. I would not argue one way or the other, but if it was desired, it would be the very best surface available.

Beyond that, I wouldn't want to change much. I wouldn't give large sums to the athletic fund for football. (Sorry Coach). I want the school, the coaches and kids to work just as hard as they do now to raise the needed funds. I would never want to take away the feeling of being vested by those that give so much of themselves to support the program. Whether it be feeding the kids and coaches, buying the fund raising coupon books, buying program adds, and stuff like this.

I would do this though. No Active Duty Military, or Veteran would ever pay for admission, or ever have to pay for anything at the concession stand, ever again. Nor would their spouses.

(And my buddy Mike Salem wouldn't have to worry about a ride to away games or to Lynchburg anymore).

For GW-New weight room, field turf, new gym, raises for assistants, and lifetime contract for Nick Anderson.

Assisting Dr. find a cure for Cancer I would build a Field House fully stocked, practice area for the band and get the best equipment I could find for all levels of football. I would start a Special needs football program just so I could smile and enjoy the day!!!

I'd make sure all amherst games where online so I could listen to them while I sit on the beach on a nice warm island.......lol
Actually get video so I can stream it......

an a good coach
This post was edited on 2/12 10:32 AM by AMHERST #1

Originally posted by AMHERST #1:
...... an a good coach

Already have one.. You guys are funny. Why didn't you apply for the job when it was open last time?

I've thought about this and decided that I would not do anything. It's letting a community off the hook that should make the team a priority. A lot needs to be done at Orange, but the truth is the community doesn't care enough to make it better. I have fantasized about having the money to put in first class facilities for the school, but in the end, nobody in the community cares enough to make it a priority. Why should I bail them out?

Anything Amherst wanted. I have thought about this many times

Maybe I need to rethink what I would do.

I will be sure that the Dinwiddie games are streamed live. That way I can watch them on my new yacht.

But, I'll also have the live stream done for Amherst. That way I can get Wikki and the rest of the Amherst ladies to come aboard my yacht and cook me up some of their delicious food. And yes. Wikki. Your dogs can have the run of the boat.

What the heck, I'll get all my friends on here to go with me, and I'll get all of the necessary games fed to us. If someone wants to see their game in person, I'll have them flown in the helicopter we carry on board, to the nearest airport. There they will get aboard my waiting Lear 85, for the quick hop to RIC. The waiting chartered helicopter will take them to their destination from there.

There is just one small problem with our plan. I bought my tickets in Dinwiddie, VA. I didn't hear that name spoken when they announced where the winning tickets were bought. I guess the plans will have to wait. Darn. I better cancel the orders for the yacht and the Lear.

I almost never buy a lottery ticket. It's usually when the news is about how big the lottery has grown. I won't buy another ticket until the this happens again. Isn't that silly? The new Powerball starts out at $40 million. Like this isn't enough to make it worth my while?

I would pay the amount of money Tim Coleman wanted to come back to spotsy but the principal could only pay him 3 thousand dollars! I would love too see him back and bring back the pride that was in that school when he coached those state championship years. I guess I will never see the boys from post oak return to what they used to be before I pass away!

I'd pay to have Field Turf installed at Darling Stadium if only because it'd tick Mike Smith off.

I had actually thought about this. $100,000 to the Athletic Department. I trust them to do what's necessary with it for the good of the Students. $500,000 to a permanent scholarship fund. Free admission to any event (I already have this but I'd like to see it in writing.). Completely paid professional care for all Athletic fields with the stipulation that artificial turf will never be used. Mike Salem would never have to scrounge for a ride again. Wiki and Company would host my Super Bowl party every year. Rod and Garlick get unlimited use of limos for one year. There's a lot more than Football here folks. The commutes are killer and they make squat. Just a way of saying thank you. JM's Rich Serbay gets a bunch of new shorts. His washing machine is tired and some stains are just never going to come out. Pay Doc Hall's salary to Coach Spotsy, no matter what it is. Post Oak needs to be back on the map and Doc's a guaranteed 180. Bye a real OC for Chancellor. Bye every Cheerleader in the County an unlimited access iPhone in exchange for staying home. Bye Courtland a playbook with more than 1 receiver in the pattern.

The list actually goes on but by the time I get done, I'll have blown all the cash on gambling, hookers and booze. Maybe not so much gambling and booze but the hookers will milk me dry because there are some vices i cannot control and when you can afford really good ones, you gotta' go for it.

This post was edited on 2/13 3:42 PM by shauntclair

Originally posted by phantom:
I'd pay to have Field Turf installed at Darling Stadium if only because it'd tick Mike Smith off.
Besides that though, I'd build a new field house with a weight room dedicated to football and install lights for the practice field. I'd give more money to my college team, though. They stopped playing NCAA years ago and now play Sprint (What used to be called Lightweight. Weight limit 172) football.

Re: Only thing needed in Salem----

Oh no!!! You didn't use THOSE words? ARGAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
lurk.r191677.gif

Originally posted by shauntclair:
JM's Rich Serbay gets a bunch of new shorts. His washing machine is tired and some stains are just never going to come out.

That's hilarious.
Originally posted by shauntclair:
Bye every Cheerleader in the County an unlimited access iPhone in exchange for staying home.

I'm probably missing the background on this joke. I'm guessing you don't like how detatched they are from games & how involved they are with their phones while supposedly "cheering" for their teams?

A little more to the cheerleader thing than that for Shaunty. He thinks they are totally un-necessary, on a good day. Truth is, he finds the whole concept of cheerleaders as ridiculous, and an insult to sports. I wonder if one of his three kids had been a girl and a cheerleader, if his opinion would be different now?

Don't worry Shaunty, I still respect you. Just one of the times I whole heartedly disagree with you.

Lake Taylor would get a Field Turf with a Dome stadium with a sound system that would be better than the sideline jukebox.

Sideline jukebox? C'mon now our DJ does a great job when he's at the game.!! When he's not there it's boring as can be. I'll take the field turf and the dome!!

I simply find Cheer leading sexist and masagonistic. No different than Cheer Leader's at NFL and College games. Just there for old men to leer at. I simply find starting to put them out there at even an early age for Pee Wee dressed in sparkles, makeup and bows in there hair, simply perpetuates a stereo type of women as sexual objects. I find that disgusting and distressing.

Plenty of nieces and cousins. Well over 30 in total. No Cheer Leaders. Just players.

We'll simply have to disagree on this perspective view.

Whatever I'd do for Norcom, I'd have to extend to Churchland and Wilson. In fact, I'd put it at a lower level: Refurb all Pop Warner/Rec League facilities that house our kids who end up at the three schools, create facilities at each middle school (granted they already use the HS fields), THEN refurb all HS fields into turf, include home and away locker rooms, and 24-hour security. With all the refurbs though, comes a price: You playing football in Portsmouth from grades 7 and up, you better be carrying AT LEAST a 2.5 GPA, never mind the 2.0. You get quality when you give it.

I love to cook. Our food at the state game this year was a big hit. They loved it. I plan on fixing the chicken taco soup this year for an Amherst game just too how it goez

damn girl! I was going to use that for my next MasterChef audition. Hope it turns out for you.

Originally posted by DEVILSLB99:
Sideline jukebox? C'mon now our DJ does a great job when he's at the game.!! When he's not there it's boring as can be. I'll take the field turf and the dome!!
How does this work with your marching band? I know Fleck does this at Western Michigan & there are other collegiate examples out there, but I had no idea a VA HS had an in-game DJ.

I understand your perspective. Sadly, gone are the days when cheerleaders actually...wait for it...LED THE CROWD IN CHEERS! I'm amazed by how little thought is put into coordinating cheers that the crowd will actually participate with that also make sense for the game situation.

Also, your misogynistic defense doesn't seem to include the concept of male cheerleaders, which are fairly prevalent. Would be interested to hear your take on that. Like I said above, I pretty much agree that sideline cheer is a weird activity, namely because they DON'T LEAD CROWD CHEERS AT ALL.

Has anybody asked the football players if they don't want to see the cheerleaders on the sideline anymore? Huh? The coaches for sure. Then they wouldn't have to wack the players for turning around to watch a cheerleader!

More seriously, yeah they seldom coordinate a cheer with a game situation. But a few times during the game, the crowd will spontaneously start a cheer like, "block that kick" or "defense", that the cheerleaders will suddenly join with the cloud. Does that make us "cheerleaders"? Does that mean that Shaunty hates us too?

Marching band???
laugh.r191677.gif
Sorry to say, but we don't put a quality product in the stands during football season thus the need for the DJ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT