3. Hampton
4. Phoebus
5. Heritage
6. Kecoughtan
7. Warwick
8. Gloucester
9. Menchville
10. Denbigh
What are your picks? Early but lets have some fun with it!!!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I don't follow the tidewater teams anywhere close to what you do, but I would be hard pressed to make any significant changes to your choices. I maybe would play around with the top three in the Beach District. And not sure I agree with Woodside as #1, but have no valid argument. I also think that #2 through #6 in the Southeastern could shake out in any order.

But good stuff. Thanks.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I don't follow the tidewater teams anywhere close to what you do, but I would be hard pressed to make any significant changes to your choices. I maybe would play around with the top three in the Beach District. And not sure I agree with Woodside as #1, but have no valid argument. I also think that #2 through #6 in the Southeastern could shake out in any order.

But good stuff. Thanks.
DP, what's the Central District going to look like this year? This is year in and year out one of the best districts in the state. I know Dinwiddie is LOADED and I picking them to upset Salem for the state championship this year (but that's another conversation :D), Dale will bring back some good players and will look to make another deep run in the 6a playoffs, MBK has good athletes and can beat you on any given Friday night, P-town Wave brings back their former coach, Matoaca seems to be on the come up and had a real nice win over Dinwiddie this past year, you'd have to think PG would be better this year, things are looking better at C. Heights, and Hopewell will be a contender in 3a with Hill returning. Without being modest, I'd love to hear your and Bleeding Navy's prospective.

Well, I can't cover it any better than you just did.

Dinwiddie, being the only 4a team in the district makes playoff prognostication of the the various teams awkward and difficult. I will say this, every team in the Central District made the playoff last season, save Prince George.

I would be surprised if the results aren't similar this season.

Colonial Heights may struggle with the loss to graduation of their star running back. But they should be able to build upon the past two good seasons. Hopefully they can lure a few more of their athletes to come out for football.

Petersburg? A $64 question. They typically have a few really good athletes, but never enough. Last year, the coach was on the verge of losing the team to apathy. Hopefully the return of their former coach can help them with the focus that was missing last year.

Prince George should be more competitive. PG always plays with an attitude and a chip on their shoulder. Actually cocky. An attitude like that is good, but you still have to play good ball. PG should be fielding better teams. I'm not sure what the problem is. They are getting tremendous numbers of kids to come out and participate, from rec league to varsity. But just can't seem to put all the pieces together.

Got to run now, but will finish up later today.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT