ADVERTISEMENT

Where to eat?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Ok gang, what can you recommend as a place to eat this coming Friday when Dinwiddie travels to Heritage in Lynchburg?

Our preference is always something locally owned. Also, a place that is known for quick service. And our food preference is real simple, anything that is not healthy.😂 Not really.

Bo Bob, you are supposed to solve a problem, not create one!

Both places look great. So much great food…, so little time.

Thank you sir.

Reactions: Bo Bob
I've only been to Lynchburg once in my life, so definitely not an expert, but I remember having a good burger at Bootleggers and it's also a good location to walk around the downtown area a bit if you have some time.

Ok gang, what can you recommend as a place to eat this coming Friday when Dinwiddie travels to Heritage in Lynchburg?

Our preference is always something locally owned. Also, a place that is known for quick service. And our food preference is real simple, anything that is not healthy.😂 Not really.
LaVilla Italian next to a Put Put and Dairy Queen on Timberlake road. The owner is a big local supporter for many functions. He collected food and delivered to people during covid. Always pleased with the service and food. You will not be disappointed.

Ifn you want unhealthy and good then goto Texas Tavern off of Timberlake road on Greenview Dr. behind mellow mushroom. Get a bowl and a cheesy western.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Ok, the decision has been made. It’s Bootleggers. Our target time is 5:00 pm Friday. That should be plenty of time to eat, swap lies, and get to the field in plenty of time.

I invite all Dinwiddie and Heritage fans. Our group try’s to do this at every away game and we have met some really nice folks over the years. I hope you will join us. It’s “Dutch Treat” of course.

If any of you would like to meet and shake hands, and put a face to a name, drop me a message on the conversation feature. Or simply suggest a site and time on here to meet at the stadium. I would love to meet some of you regulars from Preps.

We are looking forward to a fun Friday evening in Lynchburg.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Ok, the decision has been made. It’s Bootleggers. Our target time is 5:00 pm Friday. That should be plenty of time to eat, swap lies, and get to the field in plenty of time.

I invite all Dinwiddie and Heritage fans. Our group try’s to do this at every away game and we have met some really nice folks over the years. I hope you will join us. It’s “Dutch Treat” of course.

If any of you would like to meet and shake hands, and put a face to a name, drop me a message on the conversation feature. Or simply suggest a site and time on here to meet at the stadium. I would love to meet some of you regulars from Preps.

We are looking forward to a fun Friday evening in Lynchburg.
Thats a good choice sir. Would love to meet up but even tho i live within a mile of Heritage i'm an Appo fan and will be going there. I'm bent on you guys beating heritage but they are power points for us. lol

Maybe with a little luck we can meet in Lynchburg in Dec!!!

Question for you, was Buckingham that much of a challenge last week, or was Appo just off a little?

Maybe with a little luck we can meet in Lynchburg in Dec!!!

Question for you, was Buckingham that much of a challenge last week, or was Appo just off a little?
Bucktown wont a big challenge . We had to make an adjustment on defense at first then held them scoreless for almost 3 qtrs. Appo's problem was about 8 delay of game penalties and a few other bonehead penalties. Wish i knew the stats but we probably gave up 100 yards in penalties. Bucktown mainly scored late in the 4th after subs were made.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I can always count on the forum members for good information.

If you end up delayed and have to do something quick, Moore's Country Store for some hotdogs with hot chili is another option. Couple of different locations depending on your route. Or a post game snack...

If you end up delayed and have to do something quick, Moore's Country Store for some hotdogs with hot chili is another option. Couple of different locations depending on your route. Or a post game snack...
LOL, I am very familiar with Moores. In fact, the memory is indelibly burned into my memory, (and stomach, too)!

Thank you, we almost assuredly will stop by the one with the “tree” on the way home.

LOL, I am very familiar with Moores. In fact, the memory is indelibly burned into my memory, (and stomach, too)!

Thank you, we almost assuredly will stop by the one with the “tree” on the way home.
They have mild chili by request.

1. Pok e Joes Barbecue
2. The Cavalier (cash only)
3. County Smoak BBQ is unbelievably good but call ahead if you don't want to wait 15-20 mins for your food. Definitely worth the wait though.

Last edited:
There was a place called The Weenie Stand one block down from the Courthouse but I think that location has closed. There is another location on Allegheny Ave., which is actually closer to City Stadium.
Never knew weenie stand to have one downtown. Alleghany is the only location stil operating and it has limited hours.

Yep! There was one on Church Street and one on Timberlake Rd. as well.
Knew of the one on Timberlake as i live close to where it was. The one on church myself or coworkers dont remember. I dont go downtown often, nothing there to attract me.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

@DinwiddieProud we need a full review of the place of choice and meal!
What a neat place, Bootleggers is. We have nothing but high praise. Service was great, food was wonderful, and the ambience was terrific.
I just had their classic burger and fries, and it was a darn good burger. The fries were to die for. Everybody else with us had the positive experience.

I was driving and I’m a very light drinker, so I didn’t try any of adult beverages. But, if you enjoy that sort of thing, I can promise you that you will fully enjoy yourself.

The most impressive thing is what they have done with the area. Wow!!!
I will definitely go back and spend a day exploring the area. I might even spend the night in the Craddock Terry Hotel.

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. So many great places…, so little time.

BTW, something must be going on at Moore’s Country Store on 460.
It was closed last night, and Bleeding Navy has been making frequent trips to Roanoke, and he said it has been closed every time he rode by. My guess would be, like darn near every business, they can’t find enough help.

Anyway, I guess I’ll have to take a rain check on proving my manhood, and my stupidity.

What a neat place, Bootleggers is. We have nothing but high praise. Service was great, food was wonderful, and the ambience was terrific.
I just had their classic burger and fries, and it was a darn good burger. The fries were to die for. Everybody else with us had the positive experience.

I was driving and I’m a very light drinker, so I didn’t try any of adult beverages. But, if you enjoy that sort of thing, I can promise you that you will fully enjoy yourself.

I will definitely go back and spend a day exploring the area. I might even spend the night in the Craddock Terry Hotel.

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. So many great places…, so little time.

It was closed last night, and Bleeding Navy has been making frequent trips to Roanoke, and he said it has been closed every time he rode by. My guess would be, like darn near every business, they can’t find enough help.

Anyway, I guess I’ll have to take a rain check on proving my manhood, and my stupidity.
I think they have reduced hours. Normally the one on Thomas Terrace is stil open late for hotdogs lol.

I went to Franklin Co last night and was finally able to try Buddy's BBQ. I highly recommend it and it's literally next door to the Stadium. If you're ever in Rocky Mount DP, be sure to stop in. I had a pulled chicken sandwich and a Shock Top to wash it down. My buddy had the BBQ platter & ribs. Good stuff

From the C5 board- [DP, when you retire you need to write a book about Stadiums and Where to Eat before the game. For example you could tell people where you ate in Rome before you watched the Gladiators at The original Colosseum. 🤣

Oh and I forgot to say Bleeding Navy could assist with the directions he used to get the chariot to the big event]

From the C5 board- [DP, when you retire you need to write a book about Stadiums and Where to Eat before the game. For example you could tell people where you ate in Rome before you watched the Gladiators at The original Colosseum. 🤣

Oh and I forgot to say Bleeding Navy could assist with the directions he used to get the chariot to the big event]
Good idea, except I’m now sightless, so writing is very difficult for me. You see, Bleeding Navy’s toga fell off one day, and it destroyed my retinas, (and did irreparable mental and emotional damage).

I went to Franklin Co last night and was finally able to try Buddy's BBQ. I highly recommend it and it's literally next door to the Stadium. If you're ever in Rocky Mount DP, be sure to stop in. I had a pulled chicken sandwich and a Shock Top to wash it down. My buddy had the BBQ platter & ribs. Good stuff
I love me some Buddy's. New location has a lot more space than the old one by McDonald's. If I'm not super hungry, I'll get the bbq bowl and it'll fill me up. Bbq, beans, sauce, and slaw gets the job done. Good stuff. Now I need to get back to Rocky Mount. It's been a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT