ADVERTISEMENT

Where to eat?

Being from the Martinsville area with family in Vinton, Buddy's is my go to place to eat either going up or coming back home. Food is great and so is the service. Good people. Also if you're down here in the Ville, Checkered Pig is a real good place to eat. They also have a restaurant in Danville. Good barbecue and the ribs are really good. Banana pudding, excuse me I'm going to place a call in order, done made myself hungry.

Being from the Martinsville area with family in Vinton, Buddy's is my go to place to eat either going up or coming back home. Food is great and so is the service. Good people. Also if you're down here in the Ville, Checkered Pig is a real good place to eat. They also have a restaurant in Danville. Good barbecue and the ribs are really good. Banana pudding, excuse me I'm going to place a call in order, done made myself hungry.
I enjoy Checkered Pig in Danville. Eat there more for breakfast than anything. One of the few places I can get breakfast on a Sunday morning. The Pig Out is my go to. Loaded scramble topped with biscuit halves and smothered in gravy with a side of bacon. Whoo boy! I agree on the banana pudding. I love it.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
No threads get more action on football forums than threads asking about food lol. Has to be some sort of correlation there

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Tommy Houston, the owner of Checkered Pig, is famous for his ribs. He's won several trophies in competition on the Food Channel for his ribs. What's the name of the restaurant on Piney Forest that has the good home cooking? On the left after you past by Piedmont Dr, that place is like eating a meal at grandma's!

Big Winners, my son and daughter in law lived between Norton and Big Stone after they graduated from UVA-Wise for a year or so and it was a good Chinese restaurant in downtown Big Stone we used to go to. Can't remember the name but the food was really good. And Pizza King in Wise had awesome sub sandwiches and Bella's in Abingdon had great cheesesteaks, but my favorite place was the Iron Skillet truck stop at the Damascus-Glade Spring exit on 81.

Tommy Houston, the owner of Checkered Pig, is famous for his ribs. He's won several trophies in competition on the Food Channel for his ribs. What's the name of the restaurant on Piney Forest that has the good home cooking? On the left after you past by Piedmont Dr, that place is like eating a meal at grandma's!
Is this Tommy Houston any kin to the former NASCAR Grand National champ by the same name.?

Big Winners, my son and daughter in law lived between Norton and Big Stone after they graduated from UVA-Wise for a year or so and it was a good Chinese restaurant in downtown Big Stone we used to go to. Can't remember the name but the food was really good. And Pizza King in Wise had awesome sub sandwiches and Bella's in Abingdon had great cheesesteaks, but my favorite place was the Iron Skillet truck stop at the Damascus-Glade Spring exit on 81.
Red Flower. Best cream cheese wontons I've ever had, hands down.

No, this Tommy was a former city firefighter who started a catering business on the side that morphed into two extremely good restaurants. Used to watch the race car driving Houston, I used to go to alot of the late model and Grand National races back in the day with Jimmy Hensley. Man they were some good times. Also thanks BW, that was it, the Red Flower. Man that was good food.

No, this Tommy was a former city firefighter who started a catering business on the side that morphed into two extremely good restaurants. Used to watch the race car driving Houston, I used to go to alot of the late model and Grand National races back in the day with Jimmy Hensley. Man they were some good times. Also thanks BW, that was it, the Red Flower. Man that was good food.
I’m with you. I don’t think I missed a triple header at Martinsville for 20 years. LOL, that was back before races had sponsors. The Dogwood 500 and the Cardinal 500. Man, they were some good old days.

I’m with you. I don’t think I missed a triple header at Martinsville for 20 years. LOL, that was back before races had sponsors. The Dogwood 500 and the Cardinal 500. Man, they were some good old days.
My Dad was an Assistant Pastor at a Church in South Boston. It was half a mile from SoBo Speedway. Enjoyed some late model races there when I was a kid.

I assume you're talking about Mary's Diner. It's good stuff. I need to get by there and use a gift card from the local radio station for birthday time.

6758 Northside High School Rd, Roanoke, VA 24019

Any suggestions to eat around this address on Thursday? Have to be out in time to get to Jim Hickam Field by 6:00 PM.

Mary's, that's it. Good food. Maroondude eat at home since you don't live more than 20 minutes away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT