ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s field is getting torn up tonight?

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Many teams have elected to move to turf or push their games to tomorrow or Monday. Teams playing tonight could be in for a mud fest

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Millbrook's field will be a mud bowl by the end of tonight's game against Kettle Run. I'm actually surprised that they haven't moved it to Monday (but I'm not complaining).

Thomas Dale's field was in great shape. I saw a couple of slips, but I think the heavy dew was the primary reason. From the stands it looked like the field suffered little to no damage. Which is in total contrast to a lot, if not most, to the grass fields in the greater Richmond area. Watching the highlights on the news last night, it looked like many games ended up being a muddy mess.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Thomas Dale's field was in great shape. I saw a couple of slips, but I think the heavy dew was the primary reason. From the stands it looked like the field suffered little to no damage. Which is in total contrast to a lot, if not most, to the grass fields in the greater Richmond area. Watching the highlights on the news last night, it looked like many games ended up being a muddy mess.
EVs field got tore up

Looks like a week plus with no rain. The damage won't heal much, but at least the fields will not be as vulnerable as they were this week.

Also, this coming Friday will be about like it was last night, temperature wise. But two weeks from now there is evidence of a sharp cool down coming. Real football weather for the first time this year.

And, I hope the sunset last night was as spectacular where you were, as it was at our game. Just awesome!

Looks like a week plus with no rain. The damage won't heal much, but at least the fields will not be as vulnerable as they were this week.

Also, this coming Friday will be about like it was last night, temperature wise. But two weeks from now there is evidence of a sharp cool down coming. Real football weather for the first time this year.

And, I hope the sunset last night was as spectacular where you were, as it was at our game. Just awesome!
No home game for 2 weeks should help. It looked like cotton candy in the skies

Reactions: 1Gensfan
louisas field wasn't muddy but ive never seen it so torn up. the playes did the golf thing after the game cleaning up divits.

It’s a tradition at LOUISA for the players to walk the field after the game. Win or Lose it’s the teams way to show respect to the students that take Great care of The Mark L. Fischer field. The Jungle is a GREAT High School Football experiences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT