ADVERTISEMENT

Wild night in the Piedmont

Tunstall 12 Martinsville 7. Tunstall scores with 3 minutes to go to take th he lead. The Dogs drop a wide open pass in the end zone that would have won it with 55 seconds to go. Just not meant for the Dogs to win. Congrats to Tunstall on their 1st win of the season.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The Patrick County win give them their first .500 season since 2008. The crowd was in it the entire game (Something Halifax fails to have despite having one of the most packed stadiums in the region) They deserves this win. Only 1 first down in the entire first half for the Comets. Two Patrick County punts lead to turnovers after Halifax dropped the ball twice. Their offensive line bullied the Comets the entire second half. The Cougars went for 4 onside kicks in the second half, and recovered two, which I believe resulted in one of the touchdown drives. I called this one a trap game as soon as they scored first, and unfortunately I was right. A big congrats to any of the Patrick County fans in here on their season.

This is going to shake up the standings pretty good. Halifax beat Magna Vista, but lost to Patrick County. GW did the opposite. Does Halifax or GW have the upper hand here in home advantage?

The Patrick County win give them their first .500 season since 2008. The crowd was in it the entire game (Something Halifax fails to have despite having one of the most packed stadiums in the region) They deserves this win. Only 1 first down in the entire first half for the Comets. Two Patrick County punts lead to turnovers after Halifax dropped the ball twice. Their offensive line bullied the Comets the entire second half. The Cougars went for 4 onside kicks in the second half, and recovered two, which I believe resulted in one of the touchdown drives. I called this one a trap game as soon as they scored first, and unfortunately I was right. A big congrats to any of the Patrick County fans in here on their season.

This is going to shake up the standings pretty good. Halifax beat Magna Vista, but lost to Patrick County. GW did the opposite. Does Halifax or GW have the upper hand here in home advantage?
Those Cougars are one tough bunch! You know what they are going to do but can you stop it!

GW was without a ton of key starters on offense and defense. They’ll take next week off against MVille and be ready for playoffs.
Hate to be that person but tonight really didn’t mean a lot, particularly seeding. With GW losing and Halifax losing, GW actually jumped Halifax to 4th place in the region. GW will more than likely draw Halifax in the first round and the winner gets Salem.

Reactions: olemissboy30
How would GW jump Halifax if both lost and Halifax was already #4. Halifax actually gets point from MV beating GW.

GW would get a point for PC beating Halifax. Person Co and Nottoway, both won tonight giving Halifax points. JF won to give both Halifax and GW points.

GW would get a point for PC beating Halifax. Person Co and Nottoway, both won tonight giving Halifax points. JF won to give both Halifax and GW points.
I was told by one of the GW admin that they jumped. Heck if I know lol I’m stupider as a box of rocks when it comes to math :oops::eek::confused:

The impact of the points comes down to whether GW loses in the first round on the road or steals one at home in the first round and loses in the second round. There has been little to no development from Game 1 to Game 9 and the same issues/question marks exist. The line play, both offensively and defensively, leaves a lot to be desired both from a fundamental and effort standpoint. The defense overall is poor and while youth was a contributor it is less relevant after 9 ballgames in terms of fundamentals and adjusting to game speed. They have to be able to tackle somebody/anybody before they will ever be any more than an early round playoff tuneup for legitimate contenders.

Yeah @cutnjump I hope we’re both wrong, but it’s not looking good for us. Hope it’s not a let’s get this over for basketball season again like in year’s past. GW has a long history of it.

Im definitely not a point guy, don't even know if VHSL truly understands it, but i was under the impression that *2 bonus points were added to a win or loss per classification to make the points basically equal out. So GW losing to a 3A team is 8 points plus 2 for one classification. halifax lost to 2A team which is 6 points, but 4 for the two classification...so each received 10 for loss.

GW opponents last night.
Dinwiddie-1
Amherst-0
JF-2
Glass-0
Then 2 points for PC beating Halifax=5 points.

Halifax opponents
Nottoway-2
Person-2
PV-0
JF-1
2 points for Magna Vista win=7 points.

Im sure im wrong somewhere, but heading into the week Halifax had a 208 to 204 lead in points.

The defense overall is poor and while youth was a contributor it is less relevant after 9 ballgames in terms of fundamentals and adjusting to game speed. They have to be able to tackle somebody/anybody before they will ever be any more than an early round playoff tuneup for legitimate contenders.

The defense was not the issue last night, I assure you. We struggle against power running teams, but last night it was offensive inconsistency that doomed us.

The defense was not the issue last night, I assure you. We struggle against power running teams, but last night it was offensive inconsistency that doomed us.
I agree. Gw did great against the run last night. Probably most of MV rushing yards came at the end of the game. Mv did find some success in the air though. GW had great field position on several drives, but failed to convert.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT