ADVERTISEMENT

Will any of last year's state champions repeat?

Aug 12, 2015
Last year's state champs were Benedictine (D1) Trinity Episcopal (D2) NSA (D3) and Isle of Wight (D4). With VISAA going to three divisions this year, Benedictine and Trinity Episcopal will both be D1 and NSA and Isle of Wight will both be D2, so it will be impossible for all 4 to repeat.

Personally, I think that all 3 divisions this year will be a tight race for the playoffs. A lot of schools who are usually in the mix lost a lot of players to graduation last year. It has been awful quiet on the board so far this year, but I am sure within the next week or so, we will hear chatter begin about teams scrimmages, new players transferring in, etc. etc.

Last year's state champs were Benedictine (D1) Trinity Episcopal (D2) NSA (D3) and Isle of Wight (D4). With VISAA going to three divisions this year, Benedictine and Trinity Episcopal will both be D1 and NSA and Isle of Wight will both be D2, so it will be impossible for all 4 to repeat.

Personally, I think that all 3 divisions this year will be a tight race for the playoffs. A lot of schools who are usually in the mix lost a lot of players to graduation last year. It has been awful quiet on the board so far this year, but I am sure within the next week or so, we will hear chatter begin about teams scrimmages, new players transferring in, etc. etc.

Looking forward to the season. Just had to remember my password since I have not used it in so long. Good to see Army of 11 stoking the fires and getting the conversation going.

I really like the three divisions and am looking forward to watching North Cross playing STAB and Blue Ridge. STAB is always so well coached and heard that Blue Ridge has picked up a difference maker quarterback from Christiansburg. Covenant has a bit of the injury bug but when they get that big running back returns, that option will be powerful. He is a sophomore but a man. Think Jerome Bettis…

Hope that NSA has lost a step from last year's temporary visit to D-3. They rang up 100+ points in two games on North Cross last year and they host North Cross second game of the season.

Now I am just waiting on some cooler weather.

NSA is going to be a shell of their past. Numbers are crazy down. Last year's Qb not playing. My pediction is they will struggle and be a successful season to get through the year with 4 wins.

I hope so because they put a beat down on north cross the last three times we played. Still not quite over the drop down from D2 to D3 debacle. Not sure north cross could have won the championship last year, especially with a safety playing quarterback, but having to play NSA with all those college bound seniors in the semis was hurtful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT