ADVERTISEMENT

Wow..East Rock

Trevor_Cash

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 30, 2006
East Rock just dismantled RE Lee 40-17

Could the Elkton team be the first one in I don’t even know how many years to not be from the Augusta/Staunton area and win the district title?

Next Friday will be another test. Gap could also present problems but the Red team rolls in to town to see where we are as a team this year. ER can score but I am still not sold on their D even after holding Lee to 17. Lee isn’t the Lee of last year so let’s not go crazy like they stopped a juggernaut. Just like the score in the Draft/ RH game is not a reflection that the Red team is that much more dominant than last year because we still hyping the Draft team of last year. It will certainly be a good game to watch with the contrasting styles of play.

On a separate note, Mr Cash the Wilson team unleashed a whole army of scoring threats at the Hive I see. Good for them, I am anxious to see them play an under appreciated Page team and Luray. Think it could be interesting kind of year for the Hornets.

IIRC, RE Lee's play calling was atrocious! I get that Coach wanted to call it a little more conservative given the moist conditions. But I swear he ran the same play 8 times in a row. I fully support doing that when the defense can't stop it (The Casto Rule), but East Rock was stopping it. They were assigning TWO players to spy #28, one inside, one outside.

East Rock is the better team. This much is clear to me. RE Lee is good enough to beat them though. They needed a better game plan and they didn't bring it.

Sounds like Central and East Rock were as most people predicted in that region before the season started and that is....clear favorites

True until I see otherwise, but East Rock still has work to do. They are not playing on Central's level. I did see good progress on the defensive side.

This may be the year Appo has the steak end. Lots of solid competition in all Regions.

Lee's defense definitely is going to have to step it up several notches - they are giving up way too many points.

From what I understand in tonight's game, Lee QB Will Dod was not on the field in the second half after briefly returning from injury in 2Q

That definitely had an effect on their offense with no passing offense.

RB Garret Lawler was playing both QB (Wildcat) and defense.

It would be interesting to see a rematch post-season with Lee and East Rock both at full strength.

As of now, who are favs in all Regions?

D is Ridgeview, Union, maybe Graham andRichlands. C is Appo and someone else .What about A&B?

J'wan Evans had the breakout game — by his standards — that he was looking for tonight with 273 yards rushing and four touchdowns.

Up next: A big-time contest vs. two-time defending Class 1 state champion Riverheads.

On a separate note, Mr Cash the Wilson team unleashed a whole army of scoring threats at the Hive I see. Good for them, I am anxious to see them play an under appreciated Page team and Luray. Think it could be interesting kind of year for the Hornets.

I saw that as well! This group is the one I was telling people about a few years ago. They are used to winning.

It’s definitely going to be an interesting year in Fishersville

D is Ridgeview, Union, maybe Graham andRichlands. C is Appo and someone else .What about A&B?

Region A. Goochland and Poquoson

Region B. East Rock and Woodstock
Lee could possibly pull an upset W in the playoffs if everything goes perfect
and/or injuries hit Central or East Rock hard over the remainder of the season.

Region C. Appo and toss up between Glenvar and Gretna

Region D. Union, then followed by a tie between Richlands and Graham with Ridgeview as the 4th best team. Nothing personal against Ridgeview and I haven't seen them, and I know it's a fairly new school with an all American type sophomore and they are a fashionable pick out West, BUT.....they lost to Grayson County last year in the playoffs. When the bright lights are on come playoff time, I'm not picking them over Graham or Union or Richlands until they win a big game. Marion, Virginia, or Tazewell doesn't count. Let me see them beat Union, Graham, or Richlands and then I will be convinced.

P.S. Appo is by far and away the favorite to win the state title again. Heritage would crush about every 2A school in Virginia with the exception of one of course..

Last edited:

Region A. Goochland and Poquoson

Region B. East Rock and Woodstock
Lee could possibly pull an upset W in the playoffs if everything goes perfect
and/or injuries hit Central or East Rock hard over the remainder of the season.

Region C. Appo and toss up between Glenvar and Gretna

Region D. Union, then followed by a tie between Richlands and Graham with Ridgeview as the 4th best team. Nothing personal against Ridgeview and I haven't seen them, and I know it's a fairly new school with an all American type sophomore and they are a fashionable pick out West, BUT.....they lost to Grayson County last year in the playoffs. When the bright lights are on come playoff time, I'm not picking them over Graham or Union or Richlands until they win a big game. Marion, Virginia, or Tazewell doesn't count. Let me see them beat Union, Graham, or Richlands and then I will be convinced.

P.S. Appo is by far and away the favorite to win the state title again. Heritage would crush about every 2A school in Virginia with the exception of one of course..

We will see.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT