ADVERTISEMENT

WP 6 RHS 0 1Q, Lightning delay

MGF

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 25, 2012
#44 first touch at 9:41 in 1Q, 47 yard TD run, (on a wrapped hamstring). #23 conversion run fails. #4 running at will.

RHS has negative yards rushing and 0 completions. First 2 series, 3 and punt. 3rd series got 1 first down.

Lightning delay came at 3:41 left in 1Q.

Last edited:
West Point has had 3 series and after the 1st series Rapp has made them turn the ball over on 4 downs the next 2 series. I wouldnt exactly call that running at will lol

Reactions: MGF
West Point has had 3 series and after the 1st series Rapp has made them turn the ball over on 4 downs the next 2 series. I wouldnt exactly call that running at will lol
I concede that “running at will” was euphemism embellished. My point was #4 seems to be taking care of business so they don’t need to run #44.

Game postponed due to lightning. The storm will be passed within 15 minutes max. VHSL really needs to relook the lightning rule. Lightning was never closer than 19 miles.

West Point scored on their 2nd offensive play and after that they turned the ball over on downs the next 2 series. you def embelished lol

Reactions: obguthr
West Point scored on their 2nd offensive play and after that they turned the ball over on downs the next 2 series. you def embelished lol
I'd probably look at the rushing yards of both teams before I debate semantics. WP clearly had more offensive production. But like I said, there's 3Q and 3:41 left to play on Monday.

Im not denying that but you act like West Point scored every possesion. Rapp punted 2x & WP turned it over on downs 2x. Wp is up 6pts yes, glad you didnt embelish the score

Im not denying that but you act like West Point scored every possesion. Rapp punted 2x & WP turned it over on downs 2x. Wp is up 6pts yes, glad you didnt embelish the score
Where did I say WP scored every possession? Isn't that embellishing my OP? WP 73 yards offense, RHS -5 in 9:15 minutes of play. Put whatever adjective you want to that. 39 minutes left to play on Monday.

Reactions: gwb16
54 on the 1st drive (2 plays) & 19 (8 plays) on the next 2 drives. Just add some context to your stats. Rapp has only had 6 offensive plays so I expect things to change a bit

54 on the 1st drive (2 plays) & 19 (8 plays) on the next 2 drives. Just add some context to your stats. Rapp has only had 6 offensive plays so I expect things to change a bit
-5 on the RHS' 1st drive (3 plays) and -1 on their next drive (3 plays). Just added some context to my own stats.

Reactions: gwb16
80 yrd Epps punt return Pat good. 7 to 6 Rapp with 10:13 left in the second quarter

30 plus yrd td pass Gaines to carey. Pat no good. Tied 13 to 13 1:31 left in the half.

WP #4 60 yard TD run called back for penalty. I don’t think turnovers will determine this game. I think it will be penalties. Or lightning.

I’m hearing that the officials are waiting for the storm to pass so they can finish the game.

Geez.... This season is definitely interesting. Weather delays and more to come with the hurricane.
I'm thinking that a lot of region A games won't be played them week since the governor is starting to call for evacuations.

RHS might want to play that game sooner than later. If #44 is nursing an injury, they may want to get it in soon...one half with an injury and he has 130+ yards on just a handful of carries....WOW

*EDIT* I'm not an analyst, I don't pretend to be one, nor do I aspire to be one. Just to clarify. Carry on.

Last edited:
Not sure what type of injury he nursing but he ran the ball just fine from what my eyes saw.
I think someone earlier in this thread said that he had his hamstring wrapped up pretty tight. Kid runs like a bull in a china shop, so if he's winged, Lord help the rest of the teams he squares up on this year.

I think someone earlier in this thread said that he had his hamstring wrapped up pretty tight. Kid runs like a bull in a china shop, so if he's winged, Lord help the rest of the teams he squares up on this year.

I heard Rapp scored on two big plays of their own #4 out ran the road runner for TD on a PUNT Return & #3 was wide open on 45 yard TD pass. So when is the game going to be Finish?

Last edited:
He tore his hamstring and was out for 2.5 weeks prior to the RHS game. He missed the first game vs Rapp Co. He was cleared that Thursday to play @ RHS on Friday. Friday night's lightning delay gave him two more days to rest it. Yes he played wearing a hamstring brace Friday and Monday. No, he's not 100%, but looks like he's getting there.

I'm not arguing what his injury is. But good for him to be able to come back that quick from a hamstring tear. 2 weeks is very fast, especially to have gotten cleared and played in a game the next day. They usually like you to ease back into things. But to have 130 in half a game after two weeks off of it is impressive, Probably more on the cardiovascular end more than anything

I'm not arguing what his injury is. But good for him to be able to come back that quick from a hamstring tear. 2 weeks is very fast, especially to have gotten cleared and played in a game the next day. They usually like you to ease back into things. But to have 130 in half a game after two weeks off of it is impressive, Probably more on the cardiovascular end more than anything
There is no way he tore his hamstring and played in two weeks come on man it's ok to hype your boys up but this is a bit to much people pull hamstrings and miss more than two weeks and if he had surgery it's gonna take two weeks just for the incision to heal let along the muscle I hope they don't ruin this young man career trying to make it to the playoffs with zero chance to win a state title they won't make it out of the region. I don't usually bash nobody but this is crazy rushing this guy back so soon.

I don't think the plan was to play him much on offense.

There is no way he tore his hamstring and played in two weeks come on man it's ok to hype your boys up but this is a bit to much people pull hamstrings and miss more than two weeks and if he had surgery it's gonna take two weeks just for the incision to heal let along the muscle I hope they don't ruin this young man career trying to make it to the playoffs with zero chance to win a state title they won't make it out of the region. I don't usually bash nobody but this is crazy rushing this guy back so soon.
Based on your comment about an "incision" healing, I think you are confusing a Grade 3 or 4 tear with a Grade 1 or 2 tear. He did not require surgery. He was diagnosed with a Grade 1 or 2 tear, did PT 3 x a week, and passed all strength and flexibility tests in order to be cleared. The HC went to the trouble of trailering a stationary bike to RHS, not once but twice, so he could ride 15 minutes prior to the game and during halftime to warm up his hamstrings, which was the stipulation the MD made to release him to play. The HC did ease him in. He did not start on Offense and he had limited carries in 2 quarters of play. All doctor orders were followed to a T. How did he heal so quick? God's Grace. And God's favor is what got him a 47 yard TD on his very first cary of the season after that injury. No other way to explain it. But thank you for your concern. I think your heart is in the right place.

That's a real good win for the Pointers.

I was pulling for Rapp (love the Neck!). However, I got to give credit where credit is due. Big win for WP and congrats to them. Rapp has a good team this year.

How many times did WP have to make the trip to Warsaw and play in the rain? Also, didn't WP have small numbers in the beginning of the season? They had some injuries too. They are a small school. Well done.

Scores then give up a kick return and fumble on their kick return. Credit to West Point for taking advantage of the TO & Kick Return. Rapp did score in like 1 min with a chance to tie on 2pt conversion. Oh well maybe they'll meet again in the playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT