ADVERTISEMENT

WP 6 RHS 0 1Q, Lightning delay

Also, WP earned my respect last season in the playoffs v Northumberland. WP got behind big early but kept battling back in the 2nd. WP almost had a huge comeback. I remember being quite nervous in the 4th!

I thought that WP was well coached and played with talent and lots of heart. Must be playing that way again.

Maybe the Indians and Pointers will meet again in the playoffs. If so, I hope that it is played in Northumberland this time :).

Reactions: WP02alum and MGF
I was pulling for Rapp (love the Neck!). However, I got to give credit where credit is due. Big win for WP and congrats to them. Rapp has a good team this year.

How many times did WP have to make the trip to Warsaw and play in the rain? Also, didn't WP have small numbers in the beginning of the season? They had some injuries too. They are a small school. Well done.
That was West Points 3rd time back over there and I think the roster has 21 people and the startling D end and Starting Guard didn’t play tonight

Reactions: MGF and uvacavs1
Rapp's D was improved from the first two meetings. Their larger bodied D line had better success in the mud at the LOS than WP's smaller O lineman. The WP running holes were not there tonight like they were the last two meetings so Rapp had better success at preventing the big runs by #44 and #23.

Rapp's passing game was good, especially considering they had to throw a wet ball. Their O line gave their QB plenty of time to throw against a 3 man front which gave little pressure on him all night. The stats will show, just as was the case in the first two meetings, that nearly all of the offense production was passing, very few rushing yards by Rapp.

Not taking anything away from Rapp, but WP was also missing two of their 2-way starters tonight--#88 (their power side TE and left DE) and #56 (pulling guard and DT). Both have key blocks in the WP offense and those positions were filled with alternates in their absence. I think WP would have had a better outcome if those two were in tonight's game.

It was an exciting game for the fans, trading scores and turnovers with under 4 minutes of play and Rapp just missing going into overtime with 56 seconds left on the clock.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT