ADVERTISEMENT

#1 King George vs. #4 Dinwiddie

Who wins?

• King George

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Dinwiddie

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
I’ve been told King George really wanted this matchup at home this year because they felt like they should’ve won last year…with that said I’m taking Dinwiddie lol

We played both teams this year. I'll take Dinwiddie. I left the KG game thinking we could have won if we played mistake free. I left Dinwiddie thinking we wouldn't have beaten them if we made zero mistakes. Matchups mean a ton though so maybe I'm overlooking some things.

I don’t know if it would have changed the final outcome, but you guys losing #34 in the second quarter was a huge blow. And I don’t know if #21 was actually hampered by getting his shoulder getting tweaked, but he didn’t get thrown to as much after that. That kid has great hands to go along with his height. My hats off to your team. Very, very physical.

I expect a lot of points to be scored. I saw Hanover not really struggle with moving the ball on KG, KG’s Offense just made plays when it mattered. I don’t see how KG slows down Dinwiddie’s Offense after seeing them against Hanover.

If Dinwiddie can put some heat on the qb I’ll take Dinwiddie by 2 tds easily

I usually don't pick against Dinwiddie, but I'm picking King George primarily because they are playing at home. Dinwiddie had a tougher schedule, but King George did have a few wins that show they are a very good undefeated team. Most notably the 21 (or so) point win over 5A Riverbend. Riverbend won by 20+ points in their regional game last night (all 4 Commonwealth District teams won last night - all by over 20 points - so Riverbend's district isn't too shabby). They also beat Hampton (who won today in the 4A playoffs) 42-13. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Dinwiddie wins. I think this will be a great game. Have a good one!

I usually don't pick against Dinwiddie, but I'm picking King George primarily because they are playing at home. Dinwiddie had a tougher schedule, but King George did have a few wins that show they are a very good undefeated team. Most notably the 21 (or so) point win over 5A Riverbend. Riverbend won by 20+ points in their regional game last night (all 4 Commonwealth District teams won last night - all by over 20 points - so Riverbend's district isn't too shabby). They also beat Hampton (who won today in the 4A playoffs) 42-13. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Dinwiddie wins. I think this will be a great game. Have a good one!
Maybe like last year, go to OT!

LOL, did you ever consider the absurdity of us grown men trying to guess what a bunch of teenage boys are going to do???

Since Dinwiddie has been vulnerable to a good passing attack at times this season, I think King George will keep it close for about two and half quarters. However, it’s going to take one heck of a defense to slow down Dalton and Tucker. I just don’t see King George having that defense. Dinwiddie advances.

KG’s QB play will be the deciding factor this week. Dinwiddie does a great job of blitzing Se’Von McDowell which takes a lot of pressure of their secondary. In the games that I’ve seen Dinwiddie, on plays that they did not pressure the QB, their secondary have been exposed. On the flip side of that is when they bring the house, their secondary can make plays. Dalton is the best Safety left in the playoffs as he makes some major next level plays at the position.

I see 24 picks for Dinwiddie and read some of these comments and y’all don’t do your research or watch these teams play. KG will be the 3rd best team Dinwiddie has played this year behind Glenville and Maury. KG has the most explosive offense left in the C4 field. They have three Power 5 WRs (and they are just as good on defense), two extremely good RBs in Charles Johnson (multiple P5 offers) and Dylan Truxon, and their offensive line is physical led by that 6’5 LT Landon Harris. My only question mark is QB play. KG is 11-0, playing at their house, and is a top 6 team in VA regardless of classification.

Last edited:
KG’s QB play will be the deciding factor this week. Dinwiddie does a great job of blitzing Savion McDowell which takes a lot of pressure of their secondary. In the games that I’ve seen Dinwiddie, on plays that they did not pressure the QB, their secondary have been exposed. On the flip side of that is when they bring the house, their secondary can make plays. Dalton is the best Safety left in the playoffs as he makes some major next level plays at the position.

I see 24 picks for Dinwiddie and read some of these comments and y’all don’t do your research or watch these teams play. KG will be the 3rd best team Dinwiddie has played this year behind Glenville and Maury. KG has most explosive offense left in the C4 field. They have three Power 5 WRs (and they are just as good on defense), two extremely good RBs in Charles Johnson (multiple P5 offers) and Dylan Truxon, and their offensive line is physical led by that 6’5 LT Landon Harris. My only question mark is QB play. KG is 11-0, playing at their house, and is a top 6 team in VA regardless of classification.

Bo, who's your top six? Or did someone hack your account?

@CavsGrad that's my top 6.

5-10 could go either way but I think that top 4 is LEGIT. Could probably throw Battlefield and James Madison in there somewhere (most would probably take Varina or KG out) but that’s why it’s my rankings 😂

@CavsGrad that's my top 6.

5-10 could go either way but I think that top 4 is LEGIT. Could probably throw Battlefield and James Madison in there somewhere (most would probably take Varina or KG out) but that’s why it’s my rankings 😂
Good list. I think Stone Bridge and Madison are probably top 6, over KG and Varina. Phoebus' offense worries me so I'm not convinced they are top 3, but there's no denying that defense and pedigree keeps them in the conversation. I'd say KG is possibly top 10, but I'd give Salem and Dinwiddie the edge over KG, at least until KG makes the finals. Also, Smith may not be as down as everyone thinks.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Good list. I think Stone Bridge and Madison are probably top 6, over KG and Varina. Phoebus' offense worries me so I'm not convinced they are top 3, but there's no denying that defense and pedigree keeps them in the conversation. I'd say KG is possibly top 10, but I'd give Salem and Dinwiddie the edge over KG, at least until KG makes the finals. Also, Smith may not be as down as everyone thinks.
I agree about Stone Bridge and Madison. Somebody said SB had 8 starters out? Love Madison’s defensive approach. They are nasty. I have not seen Salem play live to make an assessment on them but I expect them to be ready for who ever comes out of the East. You know I’m an 804 guy, seen Dinwiddie play 4x, KG 2x and Varina 5x. I would give the edge to KG over Dinwiddie. No disrespect to my Dinwiddie guys but size and depth concerns me moving forward.

Just a FYI that Phoebus offense is starting to come around (albeit was against inferior opponents). Although they haven't been juggernauts offensively this season, they're starting to dominate the weaker teams in the ways that they're supposed to and they weren't even doing that earlier in the season. I believe the offense became more locked in after the starting QB got benched for poor play against Menchville. He's been pretty sharp since then. With that defense, Phoebus pretty much just needs to put at least 20 points on the scoreboard each game, and I believe they run the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: CavsGrad
Just a FYI that Phoebus offense is starting to come around (albeit was against inferior opponents). Although they haven't been juggernauts offensively this season, they're starting dominate the weaker teams in the ways that they're supposed to and they weren't even doing that earlier in the season. I believe the offense became more locked in after the starting QB got benched for poor play against Menchville. He's been pretty sharp since then. With that defense, Phoebus pretty much just needs to put at least 20 points on the scoreboard each game, and I believe they run the table.
Yeah I don’t get it. We average 34 ppg minus those last two wins and 44 ppg with those two wins. Year reminds of the 2009 title team…of that explosive 2008 48 ppg to 2009 34 ppg. Only thing is that 2009 team had nowhere near the defense this team has.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
I wouldn’t put too much hype on that KG offense just running the numbers.
Dinwiddie-50ppg
KG- 44ppg

KG - 11 ppg allowed
Dinwiddie- 19 ppg allowed

Dinwiddie- opp record 71-48
KG- opp record 54-61

Reactions: GoBlue2109
I wouldn’t put too much hype on that KG offense just running the numbers.
Dinwiddie-50ppg
KG- 44ppg

KG - 11 ppg allowed
Dinwiddie- 19 ppg allowed

Dinwiddie- opp record 71-48
KG- opp record 54-61
Are you doing numbers or watching the games though? Saying KG’s offense isn’t legit is insane 😂

The kids can’t go out and make a better schedule all they can do is line up and play who they are supposed and they do a good job of that. I’m just saying that it isn’t as impressive when you look at the level of competition. They have some ballers but from a team offensive production standpoint Dinwiddie has the edge by a touchdown margin and against significantly tougher opponents. Even when just comparing ppg against teams above .500 Dinwiddie has the advantage.

Dinwiddie - ppg opp over .500- 38 (7 teams)
KG- ppg opp over .500- 33 (5 teams)

Last edited:
I agree about Stone Bridge and Madison. Somebody said SB had 8 starters out? Love Madison’s defensive approach. They are nasty. I have not seen Salem play live to make an assessment on them but I expect them to be ready for who ever comes out of the East. You know I’m an 804 guy, seen Dinwiddie play 4x, KG 2x and Varina 5x. I would give the edge to KG over Dinwiddie. No disrespect to my Dinwiddie guys but size and depth concerns me moving forward.
It was me that said Stone Bridge had 8 starters out but that was early in the year when they were playing the Murder's Row part of their schedule. From my understanding they are pretty much at full strength. I would be shocked if we don't see Stone Bride vs Maury in the Class 5 championship.

Going 42-30 Dinwiddie. I don't see King George being able to stop Dinwiddie at all. Think Dalton and Tucker will have big games on the ground and control the 2nd half. King George will score because those WRs are ridiculous and look even better than last year, but overall the offense doesn't look as good and the running game doesn't seem as strong. People might've forgotten but KG beat Varina running the ball and had 200 yards rushing against Dinwiddie last year. I don't see that happening Friday and that being the difference. Also it's a bit eye opening seeing what Varina and Dinwiddie did to KG's best competition all year.

Last edited:
Going 42-30 Dinwiddie. I don't see King George being able to stop Dinwiddie at all. Think Dalton and Tucker will big games on the ground and control the 2nd half. King George will score because those WRs are ridiculous and look even better than last year, but overall the offense doesn't look as good and the running game doesn't seem as strong. People might've forgotten but KG beat Varina running the ball and had 200 yards rushing against Dinwiddie last year. I don't see that happening Friday and that being the difference. Also it's a bit eye opening seeing what Varina and Dinwiddie did to KG's best competition all year.
KG did have a lot of success running the ball last year vs Dinwiddie but I wonder how much of that was their QB taking off verses the tailback. Of course, all rushing yards matter, but I don’t think this years KF QB has the same speed or wiggle. You can score on Dinwiddie, question is, can you consistently get stops when you need them?

Reactions: VolNation85
@GoBlue2109 and @mbonape1, #2 Woolfolk from King George ran for 147 yards last year with 98 coming on one run. The young man was a very fast and physical back. The Generals kept the KG QB Ferguson in check with his legs (28 yards), but he put up good numbers with his arm (216 yards).

Dinwiddie ran for 436 yards last year and passed for 86. I would say the General running game is as good or better than 2022. Due to the youthful receivers, the passing game is not as crisp; however, if you push up to protect the run they can burn you. Last week the Dinwiddie offense scored 6 tds. Five by run, 1 by pass and only punted once. The Generals still exhibit quick strike ability and can grind the clock if necessary. Inside the red zone they are virtually automatic scoring 97% of the time.

With all that being said the King George offense is dang good. Their receivers height advantage and big play capability bothers me tremendously. The Foxes are well coached and it will take a tremendous defensive effort by the Generals to win this game. The one glaring fact is High School passing is generally 50-50. If the Generals defense can stop the run and force KG to pass it will play to their favor. Yes, KG will likely hit some big passes, but with Dinwiddie's ability to rush the passer they could also force some turnovers. Dinwiddie's run heavy, short passing game is not nearly as risky and wears opponents defenses down.

Dinwiddie in another nail biter 42-31.

Last edited:
How do you get tickets for the game? Are they available at the gate? Thanks! Have a good one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT