ADVERTISEMENT

12 Far East Football games - Week 2

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
September 2 - Friday Night Lights in Eastern VA

West Point at Rappahannock
Northumberland at Northampton
(Northampton with a big win last week, both teams with a 1-0 start)

4A King George at Essex
(a strong KG demolished W&L last week in the Eagle's 2nd worst loss in their long school history, worst loss was against Sussex in 1988 at 74-0, stats by Rapp Times, I guess KG wanted revenge from W&L win two years ago, tough start there for the Eagles, hope they can recover)

2A Randolph-Henry at Colonial Beach
Atlantic Shore Christian at Lancaster (another private school entering the local mix)
King William at Bruton
3A Southampton at Charles City
Mathews at Middlesex
King & Queen at Surry County
Franklin at 2A Arcadia
Windsor at 2A Nandua
Chincoteague at Hampton Roads

Please correct if any errors or add games if I left out a game or two. Also, any comments on any games? Which game should be the East Game of the Week? Most intriguing game in your opinion for any reasons, etc.

Lastly, all those folks interested in Eastern 1A High School sports (any sports, boys and girls) should definitely read the comments in the recent thread below- New Alignment Starting 2017-18. See whats coming down the pike...

Northampton is actually 1-1 bud. They lost to West Point in their opener on August 19th, 29-14.

Reactions: stubbie46
Thanks kwhs95fan and kqtiger05 for those corrections! I always forget about those real early games (so is this technically week 3?). West Point needed that win ever last season. Awesome, two Thursday games.

The KG at Essex game should be a great one. Essex beat the 4A team last year by like 20 so this KG team will be hungry. Tough loss for Essex v 2A power Goochland last week, the paper said the 1st pick 6 by the Dogs had bounced off the chest of an Essex receiver and the 2nd went 97 yards the other way as Essex was about to tie it. Both happened in the final quarter.

Will KW rebound v Bruton? The Cavs put up 30 last week, just need to fix the D....

kqtiger, Surry looked pretty good when I saw them v Northumberland. They had some good size on the line and some speed out there. They played hard, few penalties. They have a strong passing game this early in the season with three TD passes from like 15 -20 yards out. Plus, a 10 yard TD run, so strong in the red zone.

Thanks uvacavs1. Yes I agree Surry looked pretty tough up front on the line. And Number 42 is a shift quick back. Appreciate the feedback. And hopefully Friday we can turn some heads about King and Queen we have a very young but determined team. A lot of heart.

How is the big kid looking for y'all kqtiger05? A 6'7 305 lb freshman is very rare. Especially around here.

Reactions: Chilwar25
I know that Essex has 2 very big guys, and they can both move & play at over 375 each.

Now this kid from K&Q is 6'7" 305 lbs, FRESHMAN. This guy will be a beast by the time he
Is a Jr. Well he is already a beast now , size wise. Tell us about this young man. What
Positions does he play.......he is so big he could play 2 positions at one time!
Never heard of a FRESHMAN being that Big. Unreal.Tell us about him.

I know that Essex has 2 very big guys, and they can both move & play at over 375 each.

Now this kid from K&Q is 6'7" 305 lbs, FRESHMAN. This guy will be a beast by the time he
Is a Jr. Well he is already a beast now , size wise. Tell us about this young man. What
Positions does he play.......he is so big he could play 2 positions at one time!
Never heard of a FRESHMAN being that Big. Unreal.Tell us about him.
Essex had a 7'0" 400lbs freshman about 6 years ago. Last I heard he was on the team at Fairfield St. In West VA. I didn't see him on the roster this year though.

Kqtiger05 would be the one to tell you about him. I do believe I saw in the preview in our local paper he's an OT and DT. I have seen the young man but it's been a couple of years. Very nice kid and very intelligent. Definitely has eye popping size and I hope things turn out for him as well as the KQ program. Really is a good young group of kids there!!!

Hey guys, I did not realize the 7 footer front Essex was 400 lbs as a freshman.
I thought he was big as a jr-sr. I admire the young man for giving football a go,
Even though he did not return to college after his freshman year in college. Most
Kids that size would not even think of football as something for them..... Again,
I tip my hat to that young man from Essex High

Now as far as the young man from KQ, 6'7" 300+ Freshman, you know this young man
Will probably be a 7 footer and weigh 400+ by his Jr year. He will be a national
Phemon in a year or two if he sticks to the sport. Some one should take this young man
Under their wing, so to speak, and help him develop skills to go with his size, and you
Just never know what might happen......scholarships and more!

Now back to my Essex guys; I would love to see them both get a scholarship. They have
The size, and can move, and that is what scouts love.

Best of luck guys to all three young men from Essex and King & Queen. If the distance
Was not so far, I would love to see them play. I live about 35 miles from the Tennessee
Line off I-81.

Oh, by they way, be sure to watch the Biggest Game in College Football
On Sept 10 in Bristol when Tech and the Vols Battle at the Bristol race track.
Word has it that they have already sold 155,000 tickets!

Reactions: uvacavs1
You are correct kwhs95 Klausen is a big boy. I tried last year to get him out as an 8th grader, but he was focused on his first year in high school as King and Queen does not have an middle school, but all last year I talked to him about coming out and he did. This kid when he first came out this year didn't know anything about football, but let me tell you we have worked and worked and worked with this kid and he is eager to learn and listens well! He has came a long way . For his size he is getting faster and understands what's going on. Very intelligent young man as kw has said. You will see a difference as years go this guy is a monster. With only having 19-22 players we are short on number but our guys have a lot of heart and determination this group is also very young but want to learn and play different group of kids ! Hopefully we can turn some heads this year!

Hey kqtiger05, I commend you for working so hard with your big guy. You have
Things on the right track with him. I would think that his footwork is a main
Priority with him, along with the standard workouts in lifting and strength.
Hopefully he will learn a lot this year and work hard in the off seasons.
He is going to grow so fast in the next 2 years, so he will need to work out to keep
Up with his size getting bigger and bigger.
Hey, just a thought, get a video of his workouts now, and do one about every month.
Both of you watch the videos, and It will show the improvements each time.
Best of luck!

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I thought he was big as a jr-sr. I admire the young man for giving football a go,
Even though he did not return to college after his freshman year in college. Most
Kids that size would not even think of football as something for them..... Again,

Now as far as the young man from KQ, 6'7" 300+ Freshman, you know this young man
Will probably be a 7 footer and weigh 400+ by his Jr year. He will be a national
Phemon in a year or two if he sticks to the sport. Some one should take this young man
Under their wing, so to speak, and help him develop skills to go with his size, and you

Now back to my Essex guys; I would love to see them both get a scholarship. They have

Best of luck guys to all three young men from Essex and King & Queen. If the distance
Was not so far, I would love to see them play. I live about 35 miles from the Tennessee
Line off I-81.

I'm a diehard Tech fan. You can bet I'll be watching. Lol

You are correct kwhs95 Klausen is a big boy. I tried last year to get him out as an 8th grader, but he was focused on his first year in high school as King and Queen does not have an middle school, but all last year I talked to him about coming out and he did. This kid when he first came out this year didn't know anything about football, but let me tell you we have worked and worked and worked with this kid and he is eager to learn and listens well! He has came a long way . For his size he is getting faster and understands what's going on. Very intelligent young man as kw has said. You will see a difference as years go this guy is a monster. With only having 19-22 players we are short on number but our guys have a lot of heart and determination this group is also very young but want to learn and play different group of kids ! Hopefully we can turn some heads this year!
Definitely glad to hear he's doing good things. When I subbed at Lawson Elementary a couple years ago when he was 6" 4 as a 7th grader I told him he should give it a try. Glad you guys got him out there and look forward to seeing him develop and hope that things go well for KQ this year. I definitely think you guys will make some strides. Some good young talent there and good kids in general

Line off I-81.

I'm a Penn State fan but I will be tuning in as millions of others will be. :)

The KG at Essex game should be a great one. Essex beat the 4A team last year by like 20 so this KG team will be hungry. Tough loss for Essex v 2A power Goochland last week, the paper said the 1st pick 6 by the Dogs had bounced off the chest of an Essex receiver and the 2nd went 97 yards the other way as Essex was about to tie it. Both happened in the final quarter.

Here's a recap from the game that shows both picks. By the way, the person making these clips does an excellent job. I looked at the Essex highlights from last year and they were all great to watch.

Reactions: G-DOG2 and uvacavs1
Here's a recap from the game that shows both picks. By the way, the person making these clips does an excellent job. I looked at the Essex highlights from last year and they were all great to watch.

Pastor Larry Schools does the videos. He does do really good work with these videos. They play them for the team each week at the team dinner at the fire station. There's a team video and fan video. This is the fan video. Next week they will watch tonight's game highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: uvacavs1
Pastor Larry Schools does the videos. He does do really good work with these videos. They play them for the team each week at the team dinner at the fire station. There's a team video and fan video. This is the fan video. Next week they will watch tonight's game highlights.[/QUOTE

Pastor Schools does a superb job with his videos. Essex County is very fortunate to have him and Rose, award winning sports reporter & editor of Rapp Times news. I've heard many other sports people say that they wish they had that kind of support in their various areas (counties).

Chilwar25, thanks for your kind interest in the kids around here. For our fairly small populations of mostly working class folks with lots of poverty all around, sports can be an avenue for success and being a part of something to be proud of. Not sure if you saw my post where a Doctor told me a year or two ago that the youths in the NN/Middle Peninsula area are much larger on average than the state average. That can be good or bad ha!

Lastly, I think many folks are excited about the Battle of Bristol even over here in the far East. Tons of VT grads round here, like the Essex Coach Fulks. I talked with a man and son yesterday, one wearing Tennessee and VT shirts. I'll pull for the ACC but I must say I do enjoy hearing "Good Ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee." Probably my fav college sports tradition.

Thanks uvacav1. I love the game of football, and was very close to my local team for
Many years. Unfortunately, they have fallen on hard times in the win column, but wins
Are not the only thing important. It is not that we win, but it is how we accept
Defeat that defines us more as good people of our Father. And when we win, we win on
The scoreboard, but those numbers will fade away like a Storm in the night, and it is how
We handle success is more important than how we deal with defeat.

I wish those kids in your area the very best this year, God Speed, My Friend.

Hey guys, I enjoyed watching the Essex- Goochland fan tape. Look like a bunch
Of good athletes on the field for both teams. When you guys run the jet sweeps,
It probably is a jet sweep. Unfortunately for many teams down our way, we don't
Have the overall team speed you guys have. Our jet sweeps are more like " piper
Cub" sweeps for a lot of teams.
Yah, two pick 6's were tough for Essex. Keep up the hard work guys, and your
Rewards will come....the season is young! That tough competition will pay off
In the long run.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT