ADVERTISEMENT

(1A) George Wythe boys, girls stop Fort Chiswell

swva_havok_fan

VaPreps Varsity
Feb 23, 2016
GIRLS

(1A) George Wythe 73, Fort Chiswell 56

Mackenzie Ingo tossed in 17 points to lead four George Wythe scorers in double digits as the Maroons rolled to a 73-56 girls basketball win over Mountain Empire District rival Fort Chiswell on Friday night.

Autumn Guthrie (15 points), Paeton Phillippi (10 points) and Maleah Kirtner (10 points) also played well as coach Doug Campbell’s club improved to 11-10.

Skyler Carroll accounted for 29 of Fort Chiswell’s 56 points.

BOYS

(1A) George Wythe 78, Fort Chiswell 57

Ty Farrow and Josh Reeves each scored 18 points as the hot-shooting George Wythe Maroons improved to 17-3.

GW knocked down 13 shots from 3-point range and rung up 48 first-half points.

I have seen a lot of games in swva and the competition is down . the best team I have seen is Eastside , they are legit !!! not sure any team in c or d has anything for them and they get to play state semis in their backyard at uva wise. good luck to any team that is going to make that trip and beat them .

I've seen Eastside as well. I think Covington could give them problems. Their quickness will be hard for East side to contend with. However only seeing them once I can't say that Eastside couldnt handle Covingtons athleticism. But I bet it would be close

Covington is very athletic . just concerned about a 4 hr bus ride to play. I don't think the regions will be chalk this year . going to be some upsets by the lower seeds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT