ADVERTISEMENT

2019 E.C. Glass Football Schedule

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
8/16 vs Dinwiddie & Fleming (scrimmage)
8/23 vs Life Christian Academy (Benefit Game)
August 29 vs Charlottesville*
September 6 Open
September 13 @ Franklin County
September 20 vs JF (Homecoming)
September 27 @ Rustburg
October 4 @ George Washington
October 11 @ Liberty Christian
October 18 vs Liberty-Bedford (Pink game)
October 25 @ Amherst County
November 1 vs Heritage (Senior Night)
November 8 @ Brookville

Last edited:
Is your benefit opponent Life Christian Academy from Chesterfirld, Virginia. If so, EC Glass has its hands full. They are loaded with D1 talent. @mbonape1, can provide a sound scouting report on LCA. Would love to see this one. I like the challenge, but surprised Woody would take a risk playing a AAU type school in a benefit game. Life will play this game like a regular season contest.

North Stafford will scrimmage them as well. NS has a ton of talent coming back too. That should be an interesting scrimmage as well.

Reactions: VolNation85
It will be a great opportunity for glass to compete against some of the best talent in the state. At the end of the day it is a benefit game. I really like their schedule this year. They play multiple teams that will test them including lca, dinwiddie, gw, along with the gauntlet of the Seminole. Not to mention fc and c-ville who will be better than most people think. Glass will be battle tested come playoff time. The only concern is can they avoid the injury bug.

Is your benefit opponent Life Christian Academy from Chesterfirld, Virginia. If so, EC Glass has its hands full. They are loaded with D1 talent. @mbonape1, can provide a sound scouting report on LCA. Would love to see this one. I like the challenge, but surprised Woody would take a risk playing a AAU type school in a benefit game. Life will play this game like a regular season contest.
It is Life Christian from Chesterfield. I’m sure Woody and his staff are well aware of the talent that Life Christian has. Glass plays in the toughest district (Seminole) in the toughest region(D) of the toughest classification (Class 4). What better way to prepare for their brutal regular season/playoff schedule than playing a really good football team early on? From my understanding, both squads will approach this game as a regular season game.

It is Life Christian from Chesterfield. I’m sure Woody and his staff are well aware of the talent that Life Christian has. Glass plays in the toughest district (Seminole) in the toughest region(D) of the toughest classification (Class 4). What better way to prepare for their brutal regular season/playoff schedule than playing a really good football team early on? From my understanding, both squads will approach this game as a regular season game.
I wasn't trying to respond negatively and to be honest its not my concern. I respect Woody for wanting to play top teams and if Glass is scrimmaging Dinwiddie/Fleming and North Stafford then they will certainly know where they stand after the benefit game. I am surely not implying that EC Glass will lose or even win for that matter. I have no clue. Life, is not very cherished around the Richmond area. Deserved or not they are often viewed as an AAU travel team and not a high school team. Basically, a poor mans version of IMG that recruits statewide. Just thought it was a bit risky for a public school. If their coach finds a Hilltopper to his liking they will be recruited (Hurricanes and Life) and promised a D1 ride. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to respond negatively and to be honest its not my concern. I respect Woody for wanting to play top teams and if Glass is scrimmaging Dinwiddie/Fleming and North Stafford then they will certainly know where they stand after the benefit game. I am surely not implying that EC Glass will lose or even win for that matter. I have no clue. Life, is not very cherished around the Richmond area. Deserved or not they are often viewed as an AAU travel team and not a high school team. Basically, a poor mans version of IMG that recruits statewide. Just thought it was a bit risky for a public school. If their coach finds a Hilltopper to his liking they will be recruited (Hurricanes and Life) and promised a D1 ride. Buyer beware.
I know you didn't mean anything malicious. I wasn't trying to sound defensive either. I have heard the rumors surrounding Life Christian as well and it does suck for the teams in the RVA area that they are allowed to recruit. Public school teams in the Lynchburg area dealt with the same issues from the original LCA (Liberty Christian) for nearly two decades until Liberty Christian finally joined the VHSL three years ago and they were forced to have an actual school zone. They would recruit all of the best athletes from the Lynchburg area as well.

As far as it being risky, why would it be risky for a public school to play Life Christian?

Private schools don't have the same guidelines as VHSL. No repercussions for fouls, ejections, etc.... Not saying anything will happen or insinuating that Life has bad kids. I just always look at the whole picture and am very cautious. Glass has an opportunity to be a very special team this season.

Private schools don't have the same guidelines as VHSL. No repercussions for fouls, ejections, etc.... Not saying anything will happen or insinuating that Life has bad kids. I just always look at the whole picture and am very cautious. Glass has an opportunity to be a very special team this season.
I didn't think of it that way but that makes sense.

Life Christian - Should be a good one. NS has a TON back on offense - QB Free Lance Stay Player of Year, Swinton WR with 10 Plus FCS Offers - South Carolina most recent, Holt Egan All State WR - 6 3 185 FCS Offer guy. North will have their fair share of players too with a ton of experience.

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT