ADVERTISEMENT

2020 State Semifinals

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Appomattox has made 4 of the last 5 state semifinals.

Graham has made back-to-back appearances in the state semifinals.

Stuarts Draft played in the state semifinals for the 2nd time in 4 years.

Thomas Jefferson was the newcomer to the state semifinals in 2019.

Of these 4 schools, who you feel will not reach the state semifinals again in 2020 and who do you feel takes their place?

At this point, I am hoping that there will be a football season this fall. However, I believe Appomattox is the odds on favorite to reach the semi-finals. Graham lost a lot and Wise-Central would be my pick to come out of Region D this year. However, you can't count the G-Men out, they have excellent coaches and have just enough talent to possibly make another run.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
At this point, I am hoping that there will be a football season this fall. However, I believe Appomattox is the odds on favorite to reach the semi-finals. Graham lost a lot and Wise-Central would be my pick to come out of Region D this year. However, you can't count the G-Men out, they have excellent coaches and have just enough talent to possibly make another run.

We are all hoping for a football season. Keep our fingers crossed.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Stuarts Draft was very young and will have a good chance to repeat if indeed we are fortunate enough to have a season.

Wise Central and Ridgeview would be my picks for Region D if their is a season. Richlands would be a dark horse with Wells as coach. My stance on Ridgeview may change though depending on who we get as coach.

Draft will be tough this year and should be in the mix.

Surely there will be a season. My prayers anyway as it would be my sons senior season.

I think Dan River will be in the mix this year. They’ll take Gretna’s spot in the top 3 of Region C. They’ll have a lot of speed, size and they finally run a legit offense.

Reactions: lyhsports
I believe Richlands will be better. Depends on how fast they adust to Wells' system. I think hes a spread guy, someone can tell me if im wrong. But im sure he runs things differently. Just hope he doesn't do the onside kick every time ha. Should be an exciting year in Richlands.

Reactions: lyhsports
If there is a season, don't count out the G-Men from Region D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT