ADVERTISEMENT

#3 Salem (12-0) at #1 Jefferson Forest (12-0) West Finals

Who wins?

• Salem

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Jefferson Forest

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
I think this game is JF's to lose. They can only beat themselves with penalties and turnovers IMHO.

Of course Salem always plays hard & could figure out a way to stop the JF offense.

GL to both teams!

Reactions: salem football
Some players I have talked to from PH thought Salem was much better. I do think that game was probably JFs worst performance of the year and PH's best. I think the entire game will hinge on the play up front. With two offenses like that turnovers will be extremely important as well.

I think this game is JF's to lose. They can only beat themselves with penalties and turnovers IMHO.

Of course Salem always plays hard & could figure out a way to stop the JF offense.

GL to both teams!
I agree completely. The only two drives we didn't score on before going into conservative mode in the 4th q were the two drives we fumbled on, one of which was a scoop and score. If we turn the ball over and make mistakes, Salem wins. JF plays disciplined, it's a JF win

GL to both teams!
I know that you are recently back from a butt kicking but these teams played each other in a benefit game early in the year and have some common opponents--they are about dead even---could go either way. Two great teams down this way not just one. By the way Champe was completely outclassed strictly a no contest game

ground and pound at it's finest both sides are wanting to establish the run and be able to control the lines of scrimmage

Salem fans made the trip to Forest to see the hype...49 at half

both know what you'll be getting so it will come down to the x's and o's on game planning and the johnny's and bo's will have to go execute for a chance for 48 more minutes

Reactions: jfcav1
Look for JF to hang 50 plus on salem. May have that many by halftime. I predict JF 55 to 35

Look for JF to hang 50 plus on salem. May have that many by halftime. I predict JF 55 to 35
Nice----bulletin board material for a team with a lot of playoff experience who probably don't need bulletin board material. Salem ain't your ordinary team. Look for the score to be in the low 30's for both teams with the game being decided by special teams, turnovers, and flags. Just askin Redzonde Have you ever seen Salem play over the years? They ain't your ordinary high school football program

Nice----bulletin board material for a team with a lot of playoff experience who probably don't need bulletin board material. Salem ain't your ordinary team. Look for the score to be in the low 30's for both teams with the game being decided by special teams, turnovers, and flags. Just askin Redzonde Have you ever seen Salem play over the years? They ain't your ordinary high school football program

FmvIoLHf5njA4.gif

I was going to ask the same thing. There is no way he knows anything about Salem's program.

I'm pretty sure redzone is a Northside fan if I remember correctly.

It's all much ado about nothing, nobody that frequently plays Salem actually likes Salem. Salem's been too good for too long for people to be all "well if we can't win I'm glad Salem can", especially for fans of teams like Northside, Amherst, etc. I don't hold it against them, I hate their teams too and beating them is always great.

Reactions: salemfan32
Salem seems to get underestimated, and I like that. As I said earlier this season, keep at it. Enjoyed the JF coaches at the game today.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

Who is underestimating Salem? My question I have is are you required to pick Salem? Can someone believe their team is better than Salem and pick that team without it being Salem is underestimated? Champe was undefeated, so their people felt they could possibly win the game and they should if the were defeated before the game even kicked off, then Champe should have forfeited. Salem showed up and did what they do and won. People had reason to underestimate Salem the graduation loses were substantial, but Salem just kept it moving. Great program out there and no one is underestimating them..Ya'll don't give people an opportunity to underestimate Salem. :D

I'm no pirticular fan of Salem , but I've seen them play on a few occasions , and I have to say they are one of the most fundamentally sound football teams around, that's how they dismantled champe, I look for it to be a classic game, with Salem pulling it out in the end

Reactions: VolNation85
Most points John Champe gave up before today was 17 to Woodgrove (34 today)
Least points John Champe scored before today was 20 against Woodgrove (7 today)

Starting D has given up 7 points in 2 games and there's 6 sophomores on it.

Sa

Who is underestimating Salem? My question I have is are you required to pick Salem? Can someone believe their team is better than Salem and pick that team without it being Salem is underestimated? Champe was undefeated, so their people felt they could possibly win the game and they should if the were defeated before the game even kicked off, then Champe should have forfeited. Salem showed up and did what they do and won. People had reason to underestimate Salem the graduation loses were substantial, but Salem just kept it moving. Great program out there and no one is underestimating them..Ya'll don't give people an opportunity to underestimate Salem. :D
Saying JF is going to hang 50 points on Salem is not underestimating, it's over exaggerating!

I'm pretty sure redzone is a Northside fan if I remember correctly.

It's all much ado about nothing, nobody that frequently plays Salem actually likes Salem. Salem's been too good for too long for people to be all "well if we can't win I'm glad Salem can", especially for fans of teams like Northside, Amherst, etc. I don't hold it against them, I hate their teams too and beating them is always great.
I'm not a Salem fan either but I'm no idiot. I certainly respect what they have accomplished for the past 20 years.

Reactions: wikki
Wiki you know you love us!
Just picked on the last games I saw both play is all. Salem surprised me today by beating Champe the way they did. JF's speed is unstoppable. Should be a really good game. Nothing against Sslem, you can never count them out. I miss the days when Amherst and Salem were big rivalries. I really don't care who wins but I will be there to watch. I actually do hope it is at JF instead of another location. The best atmosphere nit because of the fans but the music they play over the system. Lol

Just picked on the last games I saw both play is all. Salem surprised me today by beating Champe the way they did. JF's speed is unstoppable. Should be a really good game. Nothing against Sslem, you can never count them out. I miss the days when Amherst and Salem were big rivalries. I really don't care who wins but I will be there to watch. I actually do hope it is at JF instead of another location. The best atmosphere not because of the fans but the music they play over the system. Lol

Just picked on the last games I saw both play is all. Salem surprised me today by beating Champe the way they did. JF's speed is unstoppable. Should be a really good game. Nothing against Sslem, you can never count them out. I miss the days when Amherst and Salem were big rivalries. I really don't care who wins but I will be there to watch. I actually do hope it is at JF instead of another location. The best atmosphere nit because of the fans but the music they play over the system. Lol
It gets everyone pumped

Jefferson Forest

PF - 627
PA - 284

Salem

PF - 518
PA - 119

Salem played in one less game(Carroll County)

The question is why do some people feel a need to interject themselves into any conversation having to do with Salem even though it has nothing to do with them or their team? Maybe some psycho analysis is needed

The question is why do some people feel a need to interject themselves into any conversation having to do with Salem even though it has nothing to do with them or their team? Maybe some psycho analysis is needed
And you wonder why people don't like you. I was giving Salem props but in your attempt ONCE AGAIN to vilify me you missed the point.

Perfectly said, I believe in their program but not everyone will pick them and fans have confidence in their teams nothing wrong with that

Jefferson Forest

PF - 627
PA - 284

Salem

PF - 518
PA - 119

Salem played in one less game(Carroll County)
If the Carroll County game would have been played you could have added in at least 50 points to Salem and they would not have given up more than 7--this is a conservative estimate so Salem would have had 568 and given up 126

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT