4 C Points

1. Kettle Run (7-0) 26.6
2. Loudoun County (6-0) 26.3
3. Woodgrove (3-2) 24.6
4. Riverside (5-2) 23.6
5. #Sherando (5-1) 23.17
6. #Handley (5-2) 23.14
7. #Millbrook (5-2) 22.4

Could get interesting down the stretch !

Thanks for posting these. I agree, the next couple weeks are going to decide who's going to be uncomfortable come the last game of the regular season.

L.C and Kettle Run are both in barring disaster. 9 - 1 would get them 2-4 seed.

K.R would be 1 at 10 - 0 and L.C the 2.

Riverside would probably be 4 if it wins out but a loss could make it interesting.

Woodgrove could be # 1 if it wins out, another loss could be trouble.

Sherando must win out to move to a 1 or 2 seed. Another loss 4 seed at best.

Handley could lose to Sherando and still get in, but must beat J.W and Liberty.

Millbrook must win out, to include beating Sherando.

If Handley is able to make it in after going 0-10, 2-8, and 4-6, it'd be a spectacular turn around for them. I doubt they'll beat Sherando but Liberty and James Wood are both winnable games based on what I've seen so far.

I don't think I'd want to be a Handley fan this year. It'd be exciting, but to have all but one game so far come down to a single score wouldn't be good for one's stress levels. :D

With Sherando at #5 and a record of 5-1, will Coach Hall and the athletic director finally build the strength of schedule? It's a bit ridiculous to be ranking so low because of playing low quality opponents.

Reactions: OCBoy
With Sherando at #5 and a record of 5-1, will Coach Hall and the athletic director finally build the strength of schedule? It's a bit ridiculous to be ranking so low because of playing low quality opponents.

Sherando's schedule has been weak this year, I agree, but it should be noted it's quite back-loaded. If Sherando played and beat good teams like Handley and Millbrook earlier in the season and still lost to Martinsburg, that ranking would certainly be higher at this point in the year.

That said, I'd be surprised to see Broadway there next year. Loudoun Valley, it's hard to tell. When we scheduled them, they were one of the better Dulles teams. It's possible that if we schedule Loudoun County, Heritage, or Riverside, that they'll have down years next. I know both sides wanted to continue the Jefferson/Sherando series, so unsure if they'll go anywhere.

Can't schedule too hard or else it'll be another 2016, especially with 7-3 possibly not being good enough to make it in Region C these days. Louisa, Martinsburg, Eastern View, and Fort Hill all in one year was brutal.

Sherando's schedule has been weak this year, I agree, but it should be noted it's quite back-loaded. If Sherando played and beat good teams like Handley and Millbrook earlier in the season and still lost to Martinsburg, that ranking would certainly be higher at this point in the year.

That said, I'd be surprised to see Broadway there next year. Loudoun Valley, it's hard to tell. When we scheduled them, they were one of the better Dulles teams. It's possible that if we schedule Loudoun County, Heritage, or Riverside, that they'll have down years next. I know both sides wanted to continue the Jefferson/Sherando series, so unsure if they'll go anywhere.

Can't schedule too hard or else it'll be another 2016, especially with 7-3 possibly not being good enough to make it in Region C these days. Louisa, Martinsburg, Eastern View, and Fort Hill all in one year was brutal.
Just don’t see the point of keeping Broadway in the schedule anymore. That one can be removed and replaced with Tuscarora next year. Then Loudoun Valley could be switched to someone more challenging like Woodgrove

Reactions: Tom Potter
They will not schedule Tusky! No chance! Woodgrove possibly, but they will more than likely look for a Washington, Spring Mills or a W.V school.
One school to look for will be Culpepper because the are in the N.W District and moving to 4a.

They will not schedule Tusky! No chance! Woodgrove possibly, but they will more than likely look for a Washington, Spring Mills or a W.V school.
One school to look for will be Culpepper because the are in the N.W District and moving to 4a.
Culpeper will eventually try to jump back to the Battlefield with EV. Don’t be surprised it’s coming

If it has to be a West Virginia school, I'd prefer Hedgesville or Spring Mills over Washington because they're the cupcakes' cupcake. I'm sure the players try their best but their administration is very anti-sports, so they don't have much of a chance to improve. Their administration has run off a couple good coaches already.

Culpeper would be a good addition, I agree. They seem to be on the upswing.

If it has to be a West Virginia school, I'd prefer Hedgesville or Spring Mills over Washington because they're the cupcakes' cupcake. I'm sure the players try their best but their administration is very anti-sports, so they don't have much of a chance to improve. Their administration has run off a couple good coaches already.

Culpeper would be a good addition, I agree. They seem to be on the upswing.
Culpeper has one of the best ADs in the state. Hiring her has brought CCs athletics so far in the past 3 years. Football will drop off again after this year losing most their starters.

Culpeper has one of the best ADs in the state. Hiring her has brought CCs athletics so far in the past 3 years. Football will drop off again after this year losing most their starters.
Respectfully disagree on a couple things. I don't think Culpeper is actively looking to get into the Battlefield. Overall it's much easier competing in the district they're in. I would think if they wanted in the Battlefield, next year would be the best time to do it since it's a new cycle. 2021 would now be the earliest and who knows what will happen by then.....and I'm not a fan of the AD.

Respectfully disagree on a couple things. I don't think Culpeper is actively looking to get into the Battlefield. Overall it's much easier competing in the district they're in. I would think if they wanted in the Battlefield, next year would be the best time to do it since it's a new cycle. 2021 would now be the earliest and who knows what will happen by then.....and I'm not a fan of the AD.
With Culpeper moving up to division 4 it gets harder for them. Going against Millbrook Liberty Kettle Run Sherando Handley is in comparison to the Battlefield teams if not harder. The AD is very approachable and is involved in many ways I haven’t seen other ADs. You don’t see to many ADs get out on the football field and run through practices with them. Now for whatever reason you don’t care for her I’m sure you have a good reason. I’m just posting on what I’ve seen since she’s been there.

With Culpeper moving up to division 4 it gets harder for them. Going against Millbrook Liberty Kettle Run Sherando Handley is in comparison to the Battlefield teams if not harder. The AD is very approachable and is involved in many ways I haven’t seen other ADs. You don’t see to many ADs get out on the football field and run through practices with them. Now for whatever reason you don’t care for her I’m sure you have a good reason. I’m just posting on what I’ve seen since she’s been there.
I hear ya...but a photo-op is one thing. I might share with you sometime what I hear. I'm too old to post junk online.

I hear ya...but a photo-op is one thing. I might share with you sometime what I hear. I'm too old to post junk online.
I respect it and I think already know what your talking about so no worries. She actually was out there in practice hitting with the big hand held pad

I respect it and I think already know what your talking about so no worries. She actually was out there in practice hitting with the big hand held pad
I just believe the whole program could be so much more....sometimes pride gets in the way though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT