4A East Round 2 #1 Lafayette vs. #5 Grafton

Who Wins

• Lafayette

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Grafton

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmmm. Last week Grafton played AT Smithfield and 100% of the posters picked Smithfield. Does history repeat? I don't think so but don't get overconfident Lafayette.

Mmmm. Last week Grafton played AT Smithfield and 100% of the posters picked Smithfield. Does history repeat? I don't think so but don't get overconfident Lafayette.
And wasn't the earlier meeting between the two close?

Grafton is to inconsistant for me. I'm taking Lafayette.

I am still looking for exactly how Smithfield held Grafton to 9 points thru 3 Q's and then collapsed to give up 3 TD's in the 4th.

Reactions: gwb16 and mbonape1
I am still looking for exactly how Smithfield held Grafton to 9 points thru 3 Q's and then collapsed to give up 3 TD's in the 4th.
Wish I knew that answer. I was running on empty by game time and had to skip going. Something about being up for 30 consecutive hours got the best of me.

Although I did pick Smithfield, I told everyone last week that I thought a bit of possum was being played on the Pack.
That won't be the case this week. Lafayette rolls big. Rams are looking better each week, as hard as that may be to believe.

I got an answer from one source: Smithfield bit big on Grafton's play action passes in the 4th. That would explain the 240 yards passing by Grafton. Must be a huge let down for a highly talented team.

Reactions: gwb16
I got an answer from one source: Smithfield bit big on Grafton's play action passes in the 4th. That would explain the 240 yards passing by Grafton. Must be a huge let down for a highly talented team.
That's what happens sometimes to a very aggressive defense. Too many bodies flying to the ball...BOOM...quick hitters will kill you every time.

You know what else is demoralizing? Almost making the tackle in the backfield from aggressive play, and giving up a big game. That doesn't have to happen too many times before the wind is gone from the sails. I have no idea if this went on in Smithfield Friday night, but it can sure change the outcome of a game.

We would know if "gbw" would have just gone to the game. A measly little 30 hour stint on the job is no excuse for missing the game. Just kidding of course. I fully understand. When I was a young man, which was a long, long time ago, 30 hours was just one of those things. My God, if you made me work 30 hours now, you might as well bury me after about 12!

Reactions: mbonape1
You know what else is demoralizing? Almost making the tackle in the backfield from aggressive play, and giving up a big game. That doesn't have to happen too many times before the wind is gone from the sails. I have no idea if this went on in Smithfield Friday night, but it can sure change the outcome of a game.

We would know if "gbw" would have just gone to the game. A measly little 30 hour stint on the job is no excuse for missing the game. Just kidding of course. I fully understand. When I was a young man, which was a long, long time ago, 30 hours was just one of those things. My God, if you made me work 30 hours now, you might as well bury me after about 12!

I wasn't at work for 30 hours, Code of Federal Regulations wouldn't allow that. Unlike some in our Government, I'd go to jail for breaking CFR's.
When I got off of work I had a few errands to run, had planned on coming home for a nap, but we got hung up with an emergent issue. All I know is, the granddaughter woke up EARLY Saturday morning, so I didn't get the sleep that I needed. LOL! That's NOT complaining, I'll lose sleep for her everyday if needed.

@Lafayette good luck this week, hope that you guys can come out injury free and with the W this week!

So good so far with injuries- nothing big, just the usual bumps and scraps for 11 games. Having played Grafton helps in preparation but I am sure some wrinkles will be thrown in. We are planning for some on both sides of the ball for us!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT