Who wins?

• Dominion

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Amherst

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Discuss game here
Amherst can win this game but the defense needs to improve and play like a team. Prevent the unsportsmanlike like calls and be disciplined. My opinion Derrick needs the ball more and change up plays so Dominion doesn't know what to expect.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Amherst can win this game but the defense needs to improve and play like a team. Prevent the unsportsmanlike like calls and be disciplined. My opinion Derrick needs the ball more and change up plays so Dominion doesn't know what to expect.
I hear plenty of Amherst fans saying that but I don't think you can give him the ball more.

Is the qb back from injury?

Amherst finds a way to win. That's what their program does when they have all of this talent. Won't be an easy game but I have faith in the Lancers if they can control their emotions and play Lancer football.

Amherst finds a way to win. That's what their program does when they have all of this talent. Won't be an easy game but I have faith in the Lancers if they can control their emotions and play Lancer football.
Exactly keep the emotions under control and tackle they will win

Gotta handle losing just like ya handle winning. See what's going on in the world now!!!!
For examlpe. I've been around a very long time and have seen Appo take plenty beatings, think they have handled it well.

Enjoy it while the talent is at Appo. Be humble because sooner or later you will be down again and the roles will be reversed and Appo will be on the wrong end of the beatings they have been handing out last couple of years.
Amen

It's unfortunate Amherst didn't play Appo at full health, but they still won by a lot. Both programs are top notch. Both have a great chance at state titles this year. I'm leaving it at that.

Amherst is average at best without qb1 by losing to a D2 and D3 team but apparently has heart to pull out few games along the way. Dominion looks pretty vanilla so this game is a toss up unless qb1 plays then Amherst pulls out fourth quarter win

Reactions: Stabler1980
I expect the Amherst coach to play Turner early to see if he can go. Biggest impact will be if Dominion can pass or give QB time versus pressure from outside. Special teams may also give the hidden yardage (field position) that goes unnoticed.
Expect a lot of Page and keep Woolfolk on the edges.
Dominion is home expect big crowd and lots of energy.
Wonder how well Amherst will travel?

Amherst is average at best without qb1 by losing to a D2 and D3 team but apparently has heart to pull out few games along the way. Dominion looks pretty vanilla so this game is a toss up unless qb1 plays then Amherst pulls out fourth quarter win
Better than average, remember they beat Salem the defending state champs and then won some sound games until their QB got hurt. That changed things a little. Came from behind in several games and won. They have the athletes to win it all but things need to happen

Better than average, remember they beat Salem the defending state champs and then won some sound games until their QB got hurt. That changed things a little. Came from behind in several games and won. They have the athletes to win it all but things need to happen

Not excuses dude the fact is both times they didn't have their starting QB when they played Appomattox. I don't think anyone said it would have changed the game just stating the facts. I was all for Appomattox last year winning the state but not this year. Enjoy it while you can

I expect the Amherst coach to play Turner early to see if he can go. Biggest impact will be if Dominion can pass or give QB time versus pressure from outside. Special teams may also give the hidden yardage (field position) that goes unnoticed.
Expect a lot of Page and keep Woolfolk on the edges.
Dominion is home expect big crowd and lots of energy.
Wonder how well Amherst will travel?
We used to travel well but I am not sure about this game. The few that I have talked to say they are not going for several reasons which I will not post on here. I think that Derrick needs to get the ball more myself. I am just thinking what several people on here have stated about the offense

The other poster was specifically saying that the team is worse without the starting QB and you basically said the same thing.

FWIW, I think calling them "average" was too strong.

Gotta handle losing just like ya handle winning. See what's going on in the world now!!!!
For examlpe. I've been around a very long time and have seen Appo take plenty beatings, think they have handled it well.
Strike a nerve? Not at all just saying be humble as Appo been loaded last couple of years and HS football goes in cycles. Enjoy the run. Gotta handle losing just like ya handle winning?? Apparantly you are the one who needs lessons in that department because of your posts...to be exact 19 of them. If you have been around so long where you been hiding on these boards?? Oh my bad Appo has had 2 good seasons with a championship and a strong possibility of a second one this season. Gotta love those fair-weather fans

For others you either back a team or you don't. Their isn't a middle ground. You are loyal or you aren't no middle ground. If length of trip is too far and can't get off work early enough or both I understand, but to simply not go support your local kids and team because you don't like the way things are done or a coach isn't running plays or players you like is just being fickle. Maybe I'm reading too much into a statement posted on here and if so I apologize but "for reasons I will not post on here" one can only assume.

Reactions: Lineheart
Has Amherst offense not been scoring? The exception being Appo, Appo is loaded and it is going to take a special team to beat them. I've heard Spencer is a beast on defense and on O, but why would you give him the ball more and take unnecessary hits?

Reactions: Lineheart
Just an observation of the 2 games I saw between the 2. I just don't see how anyone can say Amherst would beat Appo without the their QB.

Not excuses dude the fact is both times they didn't have their starting QB when they played Appomattox. I don't think anyone said it would have changed the game just stating the facts. I was all for Appomattox last year winning the state but not this year. Enjoy it while you can

Just curious, why are you not for Appomattox winning the state this year? They're even better this year than they were last year.

I am curious also why would you not want a local team to be successful in the playoffs ? That definely sounds like sour grapes there , I am not from Amherst but went and saw them play 3 times this and a lot in the past and pulled for them to win so very confused about that comment , is it they lost the last two years by big margins to appo ?

All I've stated was facts. Sometimes the truth hurts. I stated that if you watched those 2 games, it was clear the Appo team was 2 steps ahead of Amherst on offense,defense and special teams. Amherst is not used to that. From what I gather is some Amherst fans cannot take a little ole 2A school that beat them like they have never been beaten b4. It happens in Sports. Nothing negative just stating what I saw when the 2 teams played. I hope both of them win out. Time to move on.

All I've stated was facts. Sometimes the truth hurts. I stated that if you watched those 2 games, it was clear the Appo team was 2 steps ahead of Amherst on offense,defense and special teams. Amherst is not used to that. From what I gather is some Amherst fans cannot take a little ole 2A school that beat them like they have never been beaten b4. It happens in Sports. Nothing negative just stating what I saw when the 2 teams played. I hope both of them win out. Time to move on.
I could be wrong but Wikki is the only one that said that and she can have her own opinion.Why does it mean so much to you ncTarheel?My opinion says that Appo played better than Amherst the 2 times they met,which tells me they the better team.Talent is talent,I don't care what class they in.Again why does it mean so much to you?Again what difference does it make what Amherst fans can take?

Dan River is going to end Appos season next week and its going to be fantastic.

Don't mean a thing to me. Having live in the area all my life. I try to keep up with football in the area. I've watched every team in the area the year besides Glass. I root for all local teams to do well. Not against them when the playoffs start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT