4A West Round 2 #4 Dominion vs. #5 Amherst

Who wins?

• Dominion

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Amherst

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck to all the teams who are in playoffs ! As I stated I am not from Amherst and I am a high school foot ball fan and observe the games , from what I have seen this year I do believe appo has a good chance to repeat but I don't think it will be easy , I think altavista has a good chance if they get by this week ,I believe rustburg and brookville could go deep into playoffs , I believe Amherst could be in some trouble this week or next week. Just a fan who enjoys Friday nites watching these games ! To all enjoy !

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I think she's saying she's had enough of their fans.
Exactly people made their point and they keep on and on
For others you either back a team or you don't. Their isn't a middle ground. You are loyal or you aren't no middle ground. If length of trip is too far and can't get off work early enough or both I understand, but to simply not go support your local kids and team because you don't like the way things are done or a coach isn't running plays or players you like is just being fickle. Maybe I'm reading too much into a statement posted on here and if so I apologize but "for reasons I will not post on here" one can only assume.
Not sure who you are responding to but my reason for not going has nothing to do with what you said. As a woman I am not driving 3 1/2 hours near Dulles by myself and then back. My friend who usually goes with me cannot get off in time and several other people are not going as well because of working early the next day. Some other people are not going for other reasons as they stated but that is their opinion. I have always traveled anywhere the Lancers played but things change sometimes and it will not always be possible. If they make it to state you better believe I will be there. Sometimes I think seriously about getting off this board

Oh hell no. Don't even consider getting off of the forum. YOU are the forum.

Hey guys, lightened up. It's a game, for Christ sake. It's entertainment. Think before you type.

Exactly people made their point and they keep on and on

Not sure who you are responding to but my reason for not going has nothing to do with what you said. As a woman I am not driving 3 1/2 hours near Dulles by myself and then back. My friend who usually goes with me cannot get off in time and several other people are not going as well because of working early the next day. Some other people are not going for other reasons as they stated but that is their opinion.

Wikki Please read my post carefully and quit feeling like you are being attacked all the time. I said in my post that "if trip is too far or you can't get off work in time I UNDERSTAND" so it really has everything to do with what I said. I understand that things can't be avoided with a very long trip. What I was responding to in your post was your statement of something to the effect that "some people weren't going because of reasons you weren't going to post on here". Those type of statements are pot stirring statements as it most likely means people aren't going because they don't like coaching staff or Amherst don't run plays or players they want ran etc....That was what I was responding too as you are loyal or not loyal and to not travel and support your team and local kids for those reasons is just being fickle. Not saying you are doing it to stir the pot but if it's something you can't post on the boards because you feel it's unacceptable then why post it in the first place?

Wikki Please read my post carefully and quit feeling like you are being attacked all the time. I said in my post that "if trip is too far or you can't get off work in time I UNDERSTAND" so it really has everything to do with what I said. I understand that things can't be avoided with a very long trip. What I was responding to in your post was your statement of something to the effect that "some people weren't going because of reasons you weren't going to post on here". Those type of statements are pot stirring statements as it most likely means people aren't going because they don't like coaching staff or Amherst don't run plays or players they want ran etc....That was what I was responding too as you are loyal or not loyal and to not travel and support your team and local kids for those reasons is just being fickle. Not saying you are doing it to stir the pot but if it's something you can't post on the boards because you feel it's unacceptable then why post it in the first place?
But it also had nothing to do with the coach either but I am just not saying on here. The support is just not there this year even when they are having a really good season and it is making some fans angry for several reasons. I personally don't miss games and also travel when they play. People make generalizations as well about post on here and I am a just tired of it. I tried to get several people I tailgate with to go but they said they didn't want to and I know why. This team this year have worked their butts off and played together and fought to the end, they are a good group of young men. Other posters that are not Amherst fans have said things on here about our games. I am seriously considering getting off after this season because sometimes I am attacked by some just because I don't agree with them. Just like the dang election this year

Reactions: OCBoy
Has Amherst offense not been scoring? The exception being Appo, Appo is loaded and it is going to take a special team to beat them. I've heard Spencer is a beast on defense and on O, but why would you give him the ball more and take unnecessary hits?

Amherst offense was averaging over 30 with exception of the Appomattox game. I believe Spencer delivers more that he gets hit but he doesn't run between the tackles nor does he play interior line. He can change a game as a HB/TE hybrid. 6 touches a game on offense could be the norm.

Reactions: wikki and nctarheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT