ADVERTISEMENT

Appo Raiders vs Radford Bobcats....Round 3

Who's your pick ?

• Appomattox Raiders

• Radford Bobcats

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it is insane to have all them games in same geographical location at same time. Appomattox folk better get on the road early! I will post a live feed when game comes on. I will be going to Norcom/Pheobus 3A game Saturday here in Hampton. Norcom upset 2017 State Champ last week. Looking forward to it.

Why wouldn’t the VHSL try to neutralize the traffic and physical headaches on Friday by moving both high school games to Saturday. Those traveling could see less obstacles and I think there would be better turnout to the advantage of all involved. Seems as much as they may want for tradition, I would rather use a little forward thinking and the high school teams would all get at least a week to prepare and give their best with state aspirations on the line.
VHSL isn’t responsible for scheduling Region games. That responsibility falls on the hosting AD/head coach. VHSL handles the state rounds.

The Radford game traffic will not be that bad as all the traffic will turn off at the Christiansburg exit. Although the Blacksburg game will be bad, bad bad. Stupidity at its finest.

Reactions: obguthr
Radford will be the best defense Appo has played this season IMO. I don't see them running the same 3 plays and winning this game. With that, Radford's offense is still iffy but after watching Appo play twice this year, they do have some weak spots in the secondary. Radford wins 28-24.
In all of respect- is a single wing fan really going to throw stones at the veer offense by talking about the same 3 plays? We have more than 3 plays but use them as needed and accordingly due to personnel. Our offensive scheme has served us well. We will take our chances .

In all of respect- is a single wing fan really going to throw stones at the veer offense by talking about the same 3 plays? We have more than 3 plays but use them as needed and accordingly due to personnel. Our offensive scheme has served us well. We will take our chances .

Not throwing shade at all. Those plays work for Appo and they execute them well, kinda like how Giles has 3-4 plays that work well for us(sometimes). I just haven’t seen a better run defense in 2A yet and Appo seems to struggle a bit in the passing game. I think these are two pretty evenly matched teams. Both young and talented.

How’s the parking at Bobcat Stadium? Doesn’t look like many spaces on google earth.

There’s a parking lot at the visitor side entrance that is a decent size. Usually when that gets full people just start parking along the sides of the road in the grass. For a big fan base, it could be an issue

Reactions: Kimosabe5
Have a feeling with game time being what it is Appo fans will not be able to be off work and able to attend in large numbers. Very much looking like I will have to miss this game due to work.

Have a feeling with game time being what it is Appo fans will not be able to be off work and able to attend in large numbers. Very much looking like I will have to miss this game due to work.

I think that was the reason for scheduling it when they did to limit the Appo fan base.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Look at google maps to see how to access the parking on the visitors side of the stadium. Turn off Main St. onto Walker Street and go past the stadium which is on the left and turn left on 6th Street and then go left at the next intersection which takes you to the visitor side parking. There is a ticket gate on that side. Concrete stands built into the hillside so decent seats for visitors. I was surprised that Radford beat Glenvar. Playoff experience may help Appo.

Radfords AD and coach gonna use every advantage they can when it comes to limiting the PO1 12th man since a lot wont attend due to work and all the traffic from other games.... I think its ridiculous. I want another team at their best including their fans. Thats just me though... #LowBlow

game at 1:00 , appo will need to leave the school probably by 8:00 , 3 hr drive put you there around 11:00 get dressed and warm up and it’s game time ! So at the school probably around 7:00 , breackfast and lunch when is all that happening for these young fellows ? Shame on radford for scheduling that time ! I hope appo puts a good old fashion beat down on them bobcats and gets that steak dinner on the way back . Going bobcat hunting Friday!

It does seem like an odd time, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as it sounds like weather could be rolling in down there. But the thing is, they did what they needed to so they could host, and have that home field advantage.

Obviously it sounds like it could effect Appo with crowd size and travel. Not being a smarty pants or anything, as I would like to see Appo win, but IF Appo were to lose, what would the point differential have to be for anyone, not just Appo fans, to not say it was because of the game time? I say that because that is certainly a negative with leaving so early.

It does seem like an odd time, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as it sounds like weather could be rolling in down there. But the thing is, they did what they needed to so they could host, and have that home field advantage.

Obviously it sounds like it could effect Appo with crowd size and travel. Not being a smarty pants or anything, as I would like to see Appo win, but IF Appo were to lose, what would the point differential have to be for anyone, not just Appo fans, to not say it was because of the game time? I say that because that is certainly a negative with leaving so early.
Crowd size from Appo I believe will be affected. Appo team performance I don't think the time will have a negative impact.

Crowd size from Appo I believe will be affected. Appo team performance I don't think the time will have a negative impact.

Good. I would say from my message that if Radford dominates in 2nd half, or less than 10 point win for Radford that while some may look at it as an excuse, it would be a reasonable one. That is an awful early time to leave

Being an Appo fan and with our team having home field advantage numerous times the last 3 years....it is the earned right and prerogative for the top seed to choose. We could have beaten Heritage to control our own destiny so it is what it is. After last year , sometimes the road wins make you a stronger team as you go.

The time may be early, however they are accustomed to getting up early and getting into weight room and such. May have an affect but being a former athlete myself you deal with anomalies and stil prrform. Most of it is your perception and how you view challenges.

Reactions: Stabler1980
The time may be early, however they are accustomed to getting up early and getting into weight room and such. May have an affect but being a former athlete myself you deal with anomalies and stil prrform. Most of it is your perception and how you view challenges.

I agree, but I can hear it now from a lot of people, maybe not Appo, "well they cheated us, if it wasn't here and time we would have won" You know you can hear it too

Good luck to both teams and I hope it’s an exciting, injury free game. Unfortunately, working the Tech game will keep me from going. I just hope that whoever wins will take Region C to Salem for the 6th year in a row!

I think that was the reason for scheduling it when they did to limit the Appo fan base.
I think so too bro! Sad and pitiful for a school to do that if that is the reason. They are taking from the kids and the fans that have followed this team since 2015 when PO1 developed. This is just speculation, but i feel its truth behind it. Who has a game with all that is going on ....throw in BLACK FRIDAY? SMH....

Reactions: moto138
Has this game been moved to Christiansburg? Heard that unconfirmed rumor this morning
I thought I read the same thing somewhere but as of 8:55pm Wednesday night, the VHSL website still has the site listed as "Bobcat Stadium/Norman G. Lineburg Field."

Reactions: Kimosabe5
I think so too bro! Sad and pitiful for a school to do that if that is the reason. They are taking from the kids and the fans that have followed this team since 2015 when PO1 developed. This is just speculation, but i feel its truth behind it. Who has a game with all that is going on ....throw in BLACK FRIDAY? SMH....

Well to be completely fair, there are now 6 games in state at 1 or 2 pm on Friday.

Appomattox at Radford
Narrows at Galax
Sherando at Woodgrove
Eastern View at Dinwiddie
Henrico at Highland Springs
Stone Bridge at Broad Run

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT