ADVERTISEMENT

Appo vs Buckingham

Appomattox looks like they are another championship caliber team. We are a depleted team also. We are down 8 starters since the summer and it's really showing. We started 4 jv players that played last night so I expected this type of game. Again as far as 2A goes they are still cream of the crop. That team doesn't look much different from the past championship teams. Based off what other 2A teams brought back this year I still believe they brought back more. Those backs are big athletic dudes. Gonna be hard to beat Appomattox.

Appomattox looks like they are another championship caliber team. We are a depleted team also. We are down 8 starters since the summer and it's really showing. We started 4 jv players that played last night so I expected this type of game. Again as far as 2A goes they are still cream of the crop. That team doesn't look much different from the past championship teams. Based off what other 2A teams brought back this year I still believe they brought back more. Those backs are big athletic dudes. Gonna be hard to beat Appomattox.

BC, I hate to hear that about the players out for Buckingham. I read a post on here a while back where you guys had a bunch of guys out. You guys got the right Coach in place, and sure......you hate it for the kids of course who are out, but I equally hate it for the Coach in his first year who had some dang talent and boom, next thing you know, you are down a bunch of players. Buckingham with the new coach will be fine and the future is solid.

As for Appomattox? This is starting to get dam* ridiculous. I read 2 posts over the last 8 months by 2 Appo guys stating they would be very good, but not quite as good as the last 3 seasons and......this team would have a very tough time winning a title. Of course I give credit to their kids and their talent, but my God man, Doug Smith is on a level that seems to be separate than the rest of Virginia and he's actually even surprising his own fanbase. I'm gonna see what Gretna does and if they stay as good as what it sounds, I'm heading up there Oct 19th for that game. We play Bruton that week and no offense to the Panthers, but that's one I'm gonna miss. If Appo does this thing 4 times in row, we are starting to get into the likes of Southampton back in the 70's. Scary part, this is their "young, inexperienced, and development year" and next year, they will be "real good." 5 in a row? Very possible as long as Smith stays around.

Great way to start your season Appo ! Yes they do look like a team that can be there again in Dec! I think there line play might be better than it has been in the previous seasons , big and very phsycal. There backs are big and fast and the QB is just a freshman who plays like a senior , throw one 50 yards on a roll out with just a flick of the wrist ! Wow guys this is something to watch , dynasty, comes to mind they are just reloading and may be getting better each year . Will be another exciting season for the raiders

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool
Hope 5 is ok for Buckingham. He is special on the field.
Lots of practice time needed for this Raider team. They looked like there is potential for another long season.
Next stop, Rustburg.

4 in a row is very reachable. What impresses me the most with Appomattox is the detail in which they operate. Everything is so crisp it looks effortless. May be a better team than last year honestly. That back field is huge, that line is huge and that QB doesn't look like a freshman at all. Defensively you may move the ball a little but that offense is pressure on anybody. Too many big play weapons and one of those backs looks like a TE. I commend Coach Smith for calling the dogs off after the 1st qtr too. Oh yeah 52 yrd fg kicker? Jesus Christ...

Gretna really doesnt play nobody as in 3A or 4A like Raiders have. Rustburg has a big bruiser RB, Heritage has a lot of Big guys from what I seen on the news and also a big bruiser running back that pretty shifty. Our #15 Ferguson is pretty good in size also and can pound the ball with lots of speed. It sure is a blessing to have a Freshman QB 6'0 187lbs and still growing, got him for 3 more years if he keeps his head on straight and stays healthy Lord willing. Our true test will definitely be the next two weeks, Rustburg then Heritage. #PO1

Just talked to a parent from Rustburg who said they are better in some areas than last year. But, he said they are very shaky at the QB position -still a big work in progress. They thought the Devils are a year away from really being competitive The run game is their strong suit and the Rb is a load.
Their game last night was a little rough due to an injury of one of their lineman. Prayers for that young man and let’s hope for a injury free night next Friday. #PO1

cant wait to see some of my vapreps talkers aT the heritage game ! Coming in from the beach to watch this one in person , thanks for the live streaming on the games makes it so nice for everyone out of town to watch the games and follow the raiders ! Being from Appo and playing at the school makes us all so proud to what’s going on there .

Reactions: oldfool
One thing I know about Coach Smith is this....He is a awesome human being to be around. YOU ARE BLESSED if you have a conversation with him. One of the best men I ever met. He is a great coach...Appomattox should be proud of this man that does so much more for community than coach football and teach at high school. My son and Coach Smith still to this day have a tight bond. He can call that man in the middle of the night and he will answer the call for him.

Now on to the game....I am in Hampton, VA nowadays and I do watch the live feed from a fan in Appo. Im amazed she still does it being that her son didnt play his senior year (he was the one that ran the PR for TD in Bullit Park). She is a blessing to those that can not make it to the game.

Tre Lawing (QB, Freshman) is going to be special, this kid has size and so much promise in his abilities. Looking forward to him this year and upcoming years. Once he develops a good passing game. Appo is going to be unstoppable on O. Im surprised how good they looking this early on. Heritage and Rustburg will be a great gauge on how good they are. They are LOADED at RB, that Ferguson kid was good in JV and the line they running behind looks good. Ferguson does subtle movements in hips to make you miss. I like Shaw at RB too, he also plays QB well. Previous two seasons, there was not really a quality back up if Scruggs went down. This year...its good that Shaw knows the position as well. Defense showed some gaps vs LCA but handled well vs Bucktown.

Rustburg has a BRUISING RB and he will definitely test Appo D. I looked at his highlights, he is nasty!!!! Heritage has speed and that will test us as well. Regardless if we win or lose, Smith will have them ready by playoffs if we are healthy.

BC we talk all the time by text, i seen it coming but wanted to see it with my own eyes. Bucktown gonna be alright in upcoming yrs with Seth as coach. Sad yall lost all them players before the season. Cant wait to see what ya nephew gonna do at FUMA. Appo plays them this season as well.

Reactions: BCKnights
Now on to the game....I am in Hampton, VA nowadays and I do watch the live feed from a fan in Appo. Im amazed she still does it being that her son didnt play his senior year (he was the one that ran the PR for TD in Bullit Park). She is a blessing to those that can not make it to the game.

Tre Lawing (QB, Freshman) is going to be special, this kid has size and so much promise in his abilities. Looking forward to him this year and upcoming years. Once he develops a good passing game. Appo is going to be unstoppable on O. Im surprised how good they looking this early on. Heritage and Rustburg will be a great gauge on how good they are. They are LOADED at RB, that Ferguson kid was good in JV and the line they running behind looks good. Ferguson does subtle movements in hips to make you miss. I like Shaw at RB too, he also plays QB well. Previous two seasons, there was not really a quality back up if Scruggs went down. This year...its good that Shaw knows the position as well. Defense showed some gaps vs LCA but handled well vs Bucktown.

Rustburg has a BRUISING RB and he will definitely test Appo D. I looked at his highlights, he is nasty!!!! Heritage has speed and that will test us as well. Regardless if we win or lose, Smith will have them ready by playoffs if we are healthy.

Is Ferguson the one that everyone was raving about last year? I remember this bring like REALLY TALKING up a kid, dont remember the exact talk though

advocate we had a ball on here when your sons team started this thing going ! Since we both live out of town now but still follow football in the state and I now follow football here South Carolina , what was some surprising scores from opening nite that you saw ?
I'm not advocate, but I had to review that 47 yard fg.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Just talked to a parent from Rustburg who said they are better in some areas than last year. But, he said they are very shaky at the QB position -still a big work in progress. They thought the Devils are a year away from really being competitive The run game is their strong suit and the Rb is a load.
Their game last night was a little rough due to an injury of one of their lineman. Prayers for that young man and let’s hope for a injury free night next Friday. #PO1
This is a very accurate. Baker is a good coach and gets kids to play above their level. He just never seems to have a true qb and that will hurt them again this season. Appo is just on another level

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT