ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox Raiders vs Glenvar Highlanders

i'll have plenty of handwarmers with me if anyone needs them. Just ask bob where oldfool is lol.

Reactions: Optimal62
Can Glenvar move the ball on Appo and can they limit the big plays while on D? That has been a staple for the Raiders during this phenomenal run over the last several years. It is rare that the visitors in the regional championship are favored but not unheard of. This should be a good game and get everyone primed for games tonight and tomorrow.

Reactions: oldfool2
Good game so far. Both teams have prepared well. I personally look for the Raiders to get a little bit of separation in this second half. Quality football for the most part. Appo needs to clean up the holds but that’s all dependent on how tight the stripes call it too.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Interesting game to watch. Appo looked good in stretches but so did Glenvar on their first series and the last 2 minutes of the game. Credit to the Raiders for some of that. Minor adjustments can make huge impacts at times, the battle for the LOS was being won by Glenvar in the first quarter then a small tweak and the faucet was turned off. From a neutral fan that was a good game to watch. Whomever wins the battle for C&D side will be tested for sure. That was a good team that came up short today. This time of year even good teams get sent home.

All in all it was a tight tough game, hats off to Glenvar, it was a dog fight, I wasn't on the field and could see everything the reffs saw but I have NEVER seen that many penalties called on us over the last 6 years. I think Glevar only had 2 flags. So I do believe we overcame the reffs too. Not taking nothing away from Glenvar, they was a strong team stacking the box, thing is u keep stacking the box we gonna get you on a option. Then when u adjust and spread we hitting the gut again like for the first play of second half Pennix took to the house. Had me a tad worried at the end but it would have took a miracle in them last minute. Glad we got that second onside kick to seal the deal. Good game ! Lets go Ridgeview so Appo can host game 4 hopefully. #Salute

I my opinion that was one ugly game ! Appo definitely had the mind set to just pound the middle all game very few on the edge today so it made the offense look stagnant at times but then a couple of big plays came thru . Left a lot on of points on the field but got the win and moves on and another region c championship. Glenvar was Glenvar had not changed much for the last 3 yrs but a great effort from them and congrats on a good season .

All in all it was a tight tough game, hats off to Glenvar, it was a dog fight, I wasn't on the field and could see everything the reffs saw but I have NEVER seen that many penalties called on us over the last 6 years. I think Glevar only had 2 flags. So I do believe we overcame the reffs too. Not taking nothing away from Glenvar, they was a strong team stacking the box, thing is u keep stacking the box we gonna get you on a option. Then when u adjust and spread we hitting the gut again like for the first play of second half Pennix took to the house. Had me a tad worried at the end but it would have took a miracle in them last minute. Glad we got that second onside kick to seal the deal. Good game ! Lets go Ridgeview so Appo can host game 4 hopefully. #Salute
The strangest holding call was the one where Lawing was carrying the ball and was tackled by two defenders. No other Appomattox player was nearby and Appo caught a holding call. ?? Wierd.

I will give it Glenvar, that last quarter was wild! The defensive line didnt allow Lawing to punch it up the middle too much. I was a little dumbstruck at why the same play was tried over and over. It looked like we could have used more of the field with the speed advantage.

Great game none the less.

Reactions: HolyFrog
The strangest holding call was the one where Lawing was carrying the ball and was tackled by two defenders. No other Appomattox player was nearby and Appo caught a holding call. ?? Wierd.

I will give it Glenvar, that last quarter was wild! The defensive line didnt allow Lawing to punch it up the middle too much. I was a little dumbstruck at why the same play was tried over and over. It looked like we could have used more of the field with the speed advantage.

A bunch of us were puzzled too, middle was not producing and kept going there. Maybe coach figured they would be expecting us to go elsewhere and leave a hole in the middle.

Terrible officiated game , it was very obvious they were trying to slow appo down with those phantom calls , I watched the guy walk off 12 yrds on a 10 yrd penalty .

Reactions: HolyFrog
Just saw two refs in the draft game spot the ball with a 3 yard difference then they had to have a meeting to decide the spot. lol

A bunch of us were puzzled too, middle was not producing and kept going there. Maybe coach figured they would be expecting us to go elsewhere and leave a hole in the middle.
I actually think he kept pounding the middle making then stack the box then all of a sudden coach would go to a option and with Pennix and Lawing speed could make something happen cause most all there men stacked the bus, then they would spread and BAM, a run up the gut paid off for a good about 60 yrd TD from Pennix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT