ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield District rankings after week 7

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
We are about three quarters of the season gone and can you believe the season has gone by this fast? Still one dominate team in the district and the rest are back and forth trading positions! One team Spotsy has been a bit of surprise this year and Courtland still is a question mark! These teams I rank by their talent rather than their records as each team plays different quality teams so its hard to rank them by their records as some have played much better teams than others! Here we go for this weeks rankings IMO!
# 1 EASTERN VIEW 7 @ 0: Any problem with this pick? This very talented team much better than any district team has defeated all 7 teams with a running clock slaughter rule! looking at their schedule it seems they will run the table with this scenario! KG has the size to match up wit the View but their quickness will be too much for the Foxes! JM in years past had the talent to stay with them but not this year! Now is this good or bad to do what they are doing! In my opinion its a double edge sword. Yes coach Hatfield will benefit by getting his underclass players PT but with not being tested this year how will they react in the playoffs playing much more talented teams as Louisa Dinwiddie etc? How are they going to react when and if they fall behind something they haven't experienced this year? By playing the battlefield teams and beating them with a 80 percent effort what will they do when they play the much talented teams that they have to extend themselves ? This is something that they will need to experience as you cant turn these intangibles on and off like a water spigot? We shall see!
# 2 COURTLAND 2 @ 4 : By seeing all these teams in my mind I have always believed the cougars have the second best talent in the district no matter their record! They finally lived up to their expectations Friday as they totally destroyed KG at KG! Even though they played a tough schedule at first they didn't play up to their talent in those losses! JC Hall may have them going in the right direction now and may be a team to recon with the rest of the way all the way to the playoffs!
# 3 JM 2 @ 4: Jackets got a well rested bye this week and am sure they went and scouted the up started Spotsy team Friday night. If someone had told me Spotsy would have a shot at beating JM I would have had them committed. JM got hit by transfers this year and it has been a struggle for them to be competitive with the big boys this year! Got a rude awakening later this year when the View comes to the Burg! That's ok coach Serbay will have them ready but imo like most battlefield teams just don't have the talent to stop EV!
# 4 KING GEORGE 2 @ 5 : I have got to keep my eyes on KG after their devastating loss to Courtland. yes they beat JM but that game could have went either way as JM lead most of the way.To be truthful I started to drop them down to 5th but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and think Friday nights game against Cougars was just one of those things! IMO the foxes have had trouble with speed as it showed Friday night. Love coach Smith and I wish them well but they seem to be ready for a tumble!
# 5 SPOTSY 4 @ 2 : Time for me to brag on my boys from post oak! WHO IS RANKED # 1 IN THEIR REGION ? You got it Spotsy! IT has been 15 years since a knight team has won 4 games in a season all under coach Tim Coleman! To be honest I thought they would win 3 games this year making it a good year for the knights in coach Jacks first year but now they have a legit shot for 500 season or more. I knew when they hired coach Jack that he would get the most out of what little talent that Spotsy had this year as he was the master of so few players at the beach! If they had hired him 5 years ago when the job was open rather than someone with no head experience this program would have been revived to the point of a good program that coach Coleman had years ago. Got news for the rest of the district for the future. We now have a legit head coach out at post oak and a JV team full of talent losing but 1 game with size and speedy players. Over the past 15 years I never thought I would see Spotsy a legit contender in the playoffs but now with the direction coach has them going I believe in 3 years they will be a great program once again! what does winning do? Rather than having players quitting or not coming out for the team coach Jack has them asking to play! They had 4 players come out after the season started and some more that will be voted on by the team Monday to come out! Now this is only going to happen this year as coach is trying to build the program with depth and don't want to have this happen all the time! Congratulations coach Jack on a great job trying to revive a program that one time was one of the best in the state. After another win or two look for me to move them up in the rankings!
# 6 CAROLINE 2 @ 4: Don't worry coach Yeates and Caroline fans the loss Friday night to Spotsy wasn't dooms day to your program! Caroline has some good skilled players and the future is much brighter than the past. The kids didn't quit like the past teams and made a gallant effort in the forth quarter to pull the game out but fell a little short. Good luck cavaliers your future is still bright.
# 7 CHANCELLOR 0@ 7: Been a tough year for first year coach Glessner but what can you expect? he lost two good backs that transferred and many talented seniors some D1 players. The question now is can he keep the team interested in the rest of the season. He now needs to check out the character of his team and weed out who is not dedicated to his system and look for improvement of the players they have, not wins and losses.
Now there is my rankings for this week agree or disagree? Lets get ready for playoff action right around the corner! Been one of the most unusual seasons in the battlefield district I have ever seen!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Eastern View is far and away better than anyone in the battlefield. They have the tools and coaching to make a deep playoff run.

Courtland played their best game of the year and handled KG. JC has the Cougars focused and ready to roar to 6-4. The backs played well, the OLine played well, the defense played well. I'm excited to see how the Cougars stack up when it comes playoff time.

JM is struggling this year, and I have heard through the Fredericksburg grapevine that they got rid of their 1st year offensive coordinator over the bye week.

KG got steamrolled by a focused and determined Courtland team. Should be able to rebound and get a win this week at Chancellor.

Spotsy is a surprise, playing well on their new head coach, not his first year as a head coach for sure. Getting the most out of the talent he has, great story for the boys from Post Oak.

Caroline is still moving in the right direction, probably have one more win left for them this season.

Chancellor is struggling, they like Spotsy have a new head coach. The Freshman QB has been a bright spot, threw well when they played Courtland. Hope coach Glessner can keep the Chargers together, or 0-10 may be coming down the pike.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT