ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 9

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Pretty much the same rankings as looks like the district is settling in. EV had a bye resting up for JM.Good luck jackets as you take on a rested Cyclone team.
(1) EASTERN VIEW 8 @ 0 : Been there since day one and with JM and KG left don't see this changing. Looks like two 60 plus scores if coach Hatfield wants too!
(2) COURTLAND 6@ 2: Been here all year and should finish here unless Spotsy can pull off a upset in two weeks! Did i dare mention Spotsy pulling off a upset against against Courtland? Who would of thought that after 20 years of getting their brains beat out by Courtland the Knights would even think they could be on the same field with Courtland! Well it's a miracle to even think this after all the years of Courtland pounding Spotsy they would have a chance to upset the cougars! Well we shall see!
(3) SPOTSY 5 @ 3 : Do you know how many years it has been since the boys from post oak won 5 games? The last year before Tim Coleman left Spotsy. This team is having a great season and a tough game at Chancellor on Friday. Someone pinch me so i know i ain't dreaming! IF they beat Chancellor my vote for coach of the year is Jermony Jack no matter the outcome of Courtland and Spotsy.
(4) CHANCELLOR 4@5 : Big game this Friday as they host Spotsy and chance to finish the season with a 500 record. The chargers like the bottom teams in the district have a porous defense as they allowed 300 yards rushing and 140 yards passing against Caroline. should be a good one at Chancellor Friday.
(5) JM 2 @ 6: The jackets had a early lead against Courtland at Maury Stadium but then the Cougars caught fire and they beat JM rather easy. Once against the Jackets Defense let them down by giving up over 300 yds rushing against Courtland. JM still maybe a playoff team but must find a defense that can stop someone.
(6) KG 1 @ 8: Foxes Gave up a lot of points and yardage against Spotsy and still looking for a defense! Still a young team and hope they can start getting better next year.
(7) Caroline 1 @ 7 : Caroline is a young team like a lot of the battlefield teams. Look for improvement next year. Hang in their Cavaliers Coach Allison has a good rebuilding background every place he has been.
Now lets take a look at potential playoff Battlefield teams? EV Courtland And Spotsy are Shoe is with JM almost there with 1 more win and Chancellor getting in with another win. EV will go deep in the playoffs and Courtland will have to get a good draw in first round to survive! Spotsy is in the weakest division with probably only Culpeper to beat to win their division. Same for JM if they don't have to face Spotsy in the region. Time is running out on the season so get out and support your favorite team as the playoffs will be here in a couple weeks. Good luck to everyone!

Jack, in my opinion, is the coach of the year already. When was the last time Spotsy made the playoffs much less have a legitimate shot at winning a 1st round game?

Reactions: OCBoy
They made it last year with a 4 and 6 record in Jacks first season but lost in the first round to Culpeper by 2 points. They did make it in Ben Lawranius last year he coached with a 2 and 8 record when all the teams but Caroline made the playoffs but got killed by lafayette in the first round 52 to 7. Coach Jack has a legit playoff team now and has done a great job in only two years he has been at Spotsy. This program was in turmoil since Coleman left almost 20 years ago.It was no pride out there until now. The principal out there hired his buddies as head coaches rather than someone like Jack that could build a program and program went in the dump. When they cleaned house from principal AD on down and the new principal and AD hired Jack now Spotsy is on the map again. We in the boosters club before he hired his buddies had jack apply for the job along with almost 30 applicants some well qualified playoff coaches but the principal never interviewed anyone and gave it to his buddies. If they had hired Jack the first time this program would have been rebuilt! I can name you several players that transferred from Spotsy because of the terrible program back then because they didn't like the coach and the bad program! We are talking about impact players and some are playing on area teams now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT