Semifinals - March 4
Amelia County 61, Madison County 55
Robert E. Lee vs. Dan River, 7:45
Championship - March 9, at VCU
Semifinal winners 8:30

C6HYC-YWUAAH0JP.jpg

C6HYYpKWUAAyVaq.jpg

Hmmmm....

Starters for Lee: Darius George, Jayden Williams, Manny Johnson, Jarvis Vaughan, Tyrese Hailburton.

Starters for Dan River: Jaquan Durant, Bryson McLaughlin, Bennett McCann, Zemar Anderson, Daniel Dickerson.

I'm watching the game, so updates might be slow - other please contribute if you'd like!

Dan River out to quick 8-2 lead

Durant with 6 points

5:19 1st Q

Tyrese Haliburton draws a charge following a Darius George tip-in but Lee trails Dan River 19-6. 1Q 1:46

Lee looks totally out of sync.

Meanwhile Dan River running up and down the court scoring at ease.

21-8

Lee with last 6 points of the quarter.

Durant with 6 points - Anderson with 4 for Dan River

George and Vaughn with 4 each for Lee

Dan River definitely favors a fast pace - leads to easy layups

Lee not taking advantage of height advantage

32-22

2:47 2nd Q

Dan River seems to be able to take it to the bucket rather easily against Lee - who keeps committing costly turnovers.

32-24 DR

1 minute left 1st half

Lee needs to get Vaughan more involved in the offense - very few touches

Half: Dan River 32 Lee 24

DR has several good ball handlers which makes for a problem. Teams can't just focus on Durant to stop dribble penetration which would be ideal. Lee has to stop the track meet in the 2nd half if they want to have a chance to close the gap.

Reactions: pizzzzza
DR has several good ball handlers which makes for a problem. Teams can't just focus on Durant to stop dribble penetration which would be ideal. Lee has to stop the track meet in the 2nd half if they want to have a chance to close the gap.

Lee seems out of sorts to me - turnovers, missing easy shots, no real set offense....

A team with above average guards gives Lee fits. I know from what I saw earlier this year.

A team with above average guards gives Lee fits. I know from what I saw earlier this year.

Ant - they just seem like there is no offensive flow to the team - an occasional Darius George dunk thrown in between turnovers and missed shots. And there inside defense leaves a lot to be desired.

All credit to Dan River - they're outplaying Lee.

I thought about every team I watched yesterday was out of sorts. I think the big time atmosphere had everyone playing tight.

I had in my mind that if Lee let DR run up and down the court like DR did against GC it would be tough for them to win. GC was better suited for that sort of play. Lee is much better suited for a slow game finishing their possessions in the paint.

Sharkfan83, Martinsville ran on them earlier this year. Lee was like a fish out of water. Anyone that attended that game saw Pettway posterize Vaugh on a break, with a MONSTER dunk.

Dan River continues to lead 36-26

5:33 3rd Q

It looks like the large 1st Q deficit (21-6) is going to be hard to over come for Lee

Jayden Williams just gets his fourth foul for Lee. He comes out of the game.

Darius George picks up his 3rd for Lee as well - he also come out.

3 minutes to go 3rd Q

44-30 DR

Leemen needs to do more than exchange baskets with Dan River.

Dan River continues to drive up the middle and get easy looks at the bucket

48-34 DR

1:25 3rd Q

Haliburton misses twice right at the rim, Dan River comes back the other way to score and go up 50-35.

That 15 point first quarter deficit is going to be too much to over come for Lee.

Looks like Amelia vs Dan River for 2A Championship.

This is my first time actually seeing Lee in person - I gotta say I'm not impressed.

They seem very athletic and good individually, but something's missing............

Either they had nothing left in the tank from last night's game.........or they have a problem with speedy teams with good guard play. (see Martinsville/Madison/Dan River)

Lee never took advantage of their height tonight against Dan River.

I think if they had tried to make it a half court game, it would've been closer.

Dan River calls another timeout, leading Lee 58-46. 5:59 remaining

George has 20 of Lee's 46.

Balanced scoring was a big part of Lee's run through regionals, but not there tonight.

If Lee had any coaching at all they would be winning by 15. How do you have two guys over 6'8 and athletic but you don't post themand feed them in the block? They have the big guys getting the ball beyond the 3 point line. Just terrible coaching I'm sorry to say.

Reactions: pizzzzza
If Lee had any coaching at all they would be winning by 15. How do you have two guys over 6'8 and athletic but you don't post themand feed them in the block? They have the big guys getting the ball beyond the 3 point line. Just terrible coaching I'm sorry to say.

I totally agree - I think that's what everyone on here has been saying about Lee year - now I can see it for myself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT