ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS: West Consolation - Gate City (85) Chatham (50) - FINAL

The difference here is GC played OUTSTANDING as a team against MHS the first time they played them at Wise. Collier went off in that game and hasnt ever had a game like that since. He got Holland in foul trouble early and kept him from dominating that game. The whole team played as good as I had seen them play all year.....And they still lost.

The game against the Cats, GC led for 3 qtrs while only having one player that showed up to play. Ervin hit double digits but still had a sub par performance. And it was maybe the worst rebounding/defensive performance I've witnessed all year. The 4th qtr was an absolute disaster and cost GC the game. If I had to choose which team I'd rather see GC play again it wouldnt even be a close call.....Dan River x 1000. That's no offense to the Cats either.... It's just obvious that this DR team is a more favorable matchup. If GC had a true post player I don't think it would matter who the Devils played.....But we don't so that's just an afterthought. GC may lose by 20+ if they are fortunate enough to get to play the Cats again.....But I still like their chances.

We're comparing apples and oranges here. The comparison doesn't hold water.

Last edited:
SWVA-basketball-jones, we all know how that rematch turned out. Then again the Martinsville from last year and the DR from this are two completely different teams. So I think GC has a punchers chance if those teams happen to reunite.

I think it's more than just a punchers chance honestly. I see the game as a dead heat toss up if they play again. But.....The real focus is on the Leemen right now. Them coming off a loss....Will be a tough task to put them away. They will come out on fire I'm sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT