ADVERTISEMENT

Capital District Tournament Postponed

Mar 8, 2011
Both games have been moved to Wednesday, but if one looks at the forecast, I'd say the chances of playing tomorrow are slim. Hope for the best.

Does anyone know what would happen in the event that the Capital District games couldn't get in due to rainouts prior to next Monday? Would the district just send Lee-Davis as the #2 based on the regular season standings? Am I correct in assuming that pushing back the Regional dates wouldn't be possible given scheduling conflicts with locations already?

I've seen district title games that didn't matter (i.e. where the district champion was one of the entrants) cancelled, but never a game that would determine a regional participant.

The district would probably have to vote on what to do, but I can't imagine they wouldn't find some way to play the game, even if it meant getting the game in on the same day as the regional QF. The only problem there is, as mentioned below, those games start at 9:00 in the morning, so it's not like they could play in the morning and then go to RMC for a night game.

I have a feeling the S-F will be played at all costs. As long as Hanover beats Glen Allen, they can just scratch the final if they have to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT