ADVERTISEMENT

Clarity on Region 4C for the next four year cycle

Dec 20, 2022
As many of you, the NW District schools are now in Region 4D. Region 4C is ONLY Loudoun schools currently. The region has split the 10 4A classified Loudoun schools into two districts: the previously used "Dulles", and the newly created "Catoctin". The Catoctin District will include the top five schools (based on enrollment) and the Dulles District will have the bottom five.

Catoctin District:
Broad Run
Woodgrove (Drop down from Region 5D)
John Champe (Drop down from Region 6B)
Loudoun County
Park View

Dulles District:
Dominion
Rock Ridge
Heritage
Tuscarora
Loudoun Valley

As far as playoffs, from what I can gather, there will be six teams in Region 4C play (three from each district). The top seed from each district will receive a first round bye, and cross seeding of the districts will occur.

Therefore the two Regional Semifinals would be:

Dulles 1 (after BYE) vs
winner of Catoctin 2 vs Dulles 3

Catoctin 1 (after BYE) vs
winner of Dulles 2 vs Catoctin 3

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Thank you.
All that sure makes me appreciate our much simpler Region 4B format. But hey, if it’s what your Region thinks is fair, I’m all for it.

Reactions: LoCo HSFB and EPJr
Bad balancing. The Catoctin District is top heavy, and if Broad Run returns to form extremely top heavy. Tuscarora is very happy.
Definitely could not agree more. Again, they made the decision to base the re-districting off of the most recent enrollment projections and split top five vs bottom five.

To your point though, does this change every two years when mid-term numbers in a cycle are released? What about the next cycle when you see some of these schools move back to 5A? You've created a district to exist for four years and then throwing it away? Not thought through in my opinion. I would have liked to see the NW District remain, and the best eight teams qualify for region play (especially after the NW District HANDED it to the Dulles in the postseason this past fall).

Reactions: wolverinedad2018
Bad balancing. The Catoctin District is top heavy, and if Broad Run returns to form extremely top heavy. Tuscarora is very happy.
Also, take a "wait and see" with Tuscarora. Their demographics are changing quickly and they went winless on freshman this year for the first time in the history of the school. They seem to have relied heavily on transfers the last few seasons and were physically pushed around a few times this past season, including their round one loss to Millbrook. The way the playoffs are set up now in this region, you could see three of the four teams in the semi-finals come from the Catoctin District, as well as both teams in the Regional Final.

Also, take a "wait and see" with Tuscarora. Their demographics are changing quickly and they went winless on freshman this year for the first time in the history of the school. They seem to have relied heavily on transfers the last few seasons and were physically pushed around a few times this past season, including their round one loss to Millbrook. The way the playoffs are set up now in this region, you could see three of the four teams in the semi-finals come from the Catoctin District, as well as both teams in the Regional Final.
I never liked the Dulles district playoff format. There's no reason for a bye. Let the schools make some money and more schools participate. I'm very happy to be back in 4A (Woodgrove fan). 4A has the best forum on here. Fair warning though, if you have a differing opinion from the mainstream your considered a troll. Nice to have another NOVA fan. Excited to see the Woodgrove - John Champe (2015-16) and Woodgrove - Loudoun County (2017-18) rivalries rekindled. Woodgrove was always chippy with Tuscarora and Broad Run (though we rarely beat them) as well.

Reactions: LoCo HSFB
I never liked the Dulles district playoff format. There's no reason for a bye. Let the schools make some money and more schools participate. I'm very happy to be back in 4A (Woodgrove fan). 4A has the best forum on here. Fair warning though, if you have a differing opinion from the mainstream your considered a troll. Nice to have another NOVA fan. Excited to see the Woodgrove - John Champe (2015-16) and Woodgrove - Loudoun County (2017-18) rivalries rekindled. Woodgrove was always chippy with Tuscarora and Broad Run (though we rarely beat them) as well.
No, you can have a different opinion, even if it is wrong!!!

LOL, just kidding.

The forum has been the most civil this year than I can remember. It’s not opinions, or different attitudes or feelings that gets people in trouble, it’s when name calling and insinuations start.

Glad to have Woodgrove back in Class 4. And glad to have you on here too sir.

Glad to have a little more representation in Reg C. I enjoyed seeing Salem play Woodgrove and Champe in the past. From my experience, all the teams that we've seen from LoCo have been good matchups. The fans travel well and are good representatives of their respective communities.

There has been almost no posters from NOVA. Hard to keep up with the teams especially since GameDay stopped airing games. Then it's hit and miss with nfhl network

I will certainly try and raise the bar for Loudoun County with coverage and thoughts for our 10 4A schools here, and our six 5A schools on the 5A forum (maybe even a little Freedom (SR) on the 6A forum).

I post on twitter as well with some in-depth, and sometimes "hot" takes that some people were not fans of in the county. But I certainly appreciate the excitement and welcoming by all of you. It is MUCH appreciated!

I will certainly try and raise the bar for Loudoun County with coverage and thoughts for our 10 4A schools here, and our six 5A schools on the 5A forum (maybe even a little Freedom (SR) on the 6A forum).

I post on twitter as well with some in-depth, and sometimes "hot" takes that some people were not fans of in the county. But I certainly appreciate the excitement and welcoming by all of you. It is MUCH appreciated!
What’s your twitter? Would love to send you a follow.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT