ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Outlooks with MaxPreps Top 25 Rankings (2A BOYS)

Mar 27, 2015
2A EAST
Conference 33 - Bruton (9), Nandua (19), King William (21)
Conference 34 - Greensville County (8), Bluestone (14), Prince Edward (22)
Conference 35 - George Mason (1), Madison County (4), Central-Woodstock (13)
Conference 36 - Page County (10), East Rockingham (12), Nelson County (15), RE Lee (16), Stuarts Draft (25)

2A WEST
Conference 37 - Dan River (3)
Conference 38 - Martinsville (2), Floyd County (17), Glenvar (20), James River (24)
Conference 39 - Graham (7)
Conference 40 - Gate City (5), Union (6), Battle (11), Lee County (18)

The Western Conference is murder's row. Stacked indeed.

It's MaxPreps. They don't visit these high schools and watch games. They simply look at win-loss record. And if you're reading and believing in the MaxPreps rankings that much, then you're taking it a bit too seriously. I think AirGordon simply posted this as something to take a look at and see who may be contenders in each conference. However, I do believe that George Mason should be a final four team in Richmond

I think it will be interesting when the playoffs start. Go Bulldawgs

Yep - I don't believe MaxPreps to be an end all to the rankings. However, they do offer the biggest range of rankings available to fans. Obviously, most people believe Martinsville is better than George Mason...it's just more of a guide. I just post those rankings so people can keep an eye on some teams that are under the radar, that aren't local to them, that they might not hear about, etc.

It's not gospel.

Here's a brief statement from MaxPreps on how they rank teams in their computers:

How It Works!
(A brief explanation of the factors that affect the MaxPreps Rankings system...)

MaxPreps uses a computer program to determine team rank. We do not poll coaches, sportswriters, or fans. Nor does our staff make any judgments on the merits of any individual team. Prior season history, school size, and comments on message boards are not considered in the MaxPreps Computer Rankings.

The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the MaxPreps database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents) and strength of schedule.

For example, a team's ranking is hurt more by losing to a team that is ranked below them verses a team ranked ahead.

Other factors that will affect the rankings are times when MaxPreps has incomplete or inaccurate information. We will correct errors when they are reported to us. If we are missing a score, report it to us on the team's MaxPreps page. If we are missing a game on the schedule, send us a correction request.

Playoff wins are weighed higher compared to a regular season game.

Movement indicates the up or down movement within the rankings when compared to our previously published rankings.

Yes, Siegal Center..... Subway is good. AirGordon, which team do u follow?

Ant - I don't rep a team...but I do follow the Bull Run/Conference 35 (Mason, Madison, Central, Strasburg, Clarke) and some 36.

I live in Front Royal but don't really follow Warren Co or Skyline. I've seen Mason 3 times, Madison 4 times, Central 3 times, and Clarke twice.

We just moved from Culpeper to Madison. I still follow Eastern View but since we live in Madison, and my wife is from there, we are Mountaineers primarily.

I am not sure Madison is ready to compete for a state title this year, but I believe the East is stronger than many are giving credit for.

Marshall - I agree...next year is the year for Madison. I fully expect them to be in Richmond next season. They COULD get there this year with the right playoff draw...but I think what hurts them is a consistent threat from 3. If it's not Taylor...it's not happening much from beyond the arc. I imagine teams will pack it in like Central did the other night and try to force teams to beat them outside.

I think when some of those younger guys off the bench develop...Madison will be SCARY good.

Martinsville will have a good core of kids bk next year. I'm just gonna concern myself with what's poppin' rite now :). The playoffs will be here soon.

Reactions: High-Fidelity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT