ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas school Superintendent....

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Says unlikely HS football in Texas this year. Reality is setting in everywhere now. Fall sports will be eliminated as we move into August. No football in Texas? Then who will play anywhere?

And this was going to be a HUGE year for the UIL as they were planning on celebrating their 100th year of high school football in Texas.

Texas, because of incredibly poor leadership, is one of the two or three hardest-hit states in the country right now. Their indifference to the pandemic over the past few months has put them in the position they are in right now, alongside Florida (good lord is this state in trouble) and California. They're basically being forced into not having football, other states who have done better because their leadership took things seriously and people followed the leaders may not have the same outcome re: football although it may be reasonable to think that leaders who don't want to risk becoming another Texas will simply not allow fall sports and see what winter/spring brings us in the form of relief.

We could be through the worst of this as a nation if people took things seriously but we didn't and so everyone is going to chomp down on the same crap sandwich while the rest of the world sans Brazil goes back to normal and points and laughs at us.

Yea, kind of like those looters and rioters that didnt wear masks or practice "safe social distancing", the ones that people like yourself, the media, the UN, the WHO, the CDC and leftist governors 100% supported? It's okay, I saw your beloved De Blasio on TV yesterday announcing all large gatherings are banned...except for BLM protests. And there he was blabbering without his mask on..

Funny how you love to pass yourself off as some sort of expert. But you shy away from explaining how it is 100% okay for masks and social distancing to be ignored in ... certain ... situations like this.

Reactions: MCAthletics
Says unlikely HS football in Texas this year. Reality is setting in everywhere now. Fall sports will be eliminated as we move into August. No football in Texas? Then who will play anywhere?

It's unfortunate. But I could have told you back in March that this was going to be the outcome. For really only one reason. Sad times. Should piss everyone off.

It's unfortunate. But I could have told you back in March that this was going to be the outcome. For really only one reason. Sad times. Should piss everyone off.
Only people that should be pissed is the people that love football but wouldn’t wear a mask and social distance. They should be pissed at themselves. Never listen to a politician when it comes to health . Listen to science. This is why there will be no football if that happens.

The subject of your post was the reason we are not having football. I condemn all violence from all sides .

The subject of your post was the reason we are not having football. I condemn all violence from all sides .

No. I stated that I knew we werent going to have football when all of this started happening back in March. The goalposts were moving then, and they continue to move now. Back then, few cases but "OMG Guise, high death rate". After that got exposed as a crock of crap, the goalposts moved to where we are now. "OMG Guise, more and more people are testing positive. Close it back down!!".. I'm still waiting for that mortality rate.

If you think 133,000 dead is low mortality rate , then that is a big part of the problem

And which age group is overwhelmingly affected by this mortality? I'll give you a hint, it's the same age group that not one, but 5 of your beloved leftist governors thought it would be a good idea to move those testing positive for Covid in with. The same group that, bless their hearts, should have been quarantined from the beginning.

Reactions: Rev_Real
And which age group is overwhelmingly affected by this mortality? I'll give you a hint, it's the same age group that not one, but 5 of your beloved leftist governors thought it would be a good idea to move those testing positive for Covid in with. The same group that, bless their hearts, should have been quarantined from the beginning.
See, here is the problem... you see human life as left or right ....I don’t. I value all human life regardless of race , income, .....etc. Someday , I hope you can separate yourself from the anger within... and realize that no matter who you are... when the day comes for your life to end... no matter what God or not you believe in , is going to care what side of the political fence you were on, what race you are, how much money you had..... you get me?
I propose the whole world be more compassionate , and try to look at what the life they could have had if it was under different circumstances.. people need to start loving and caring about each other , instead of blaming everyone.

See, here is the problem... you see human life as left or right ....I don’t. I value all human life regardless of race , income, .....etc. Someday , I hope you can separate yourself from the anger within... and realize that no matter who you are... when the day comes for your life to end... no matter what God or not you believe in , is going to care what side of the political fence you were on, what race you are, how much money you had..... you get me?
I propose the whole world be more compassionate , and try to look at what the life they could have had if it was under different circumstances.. people need to start loving and caring about each other , instead of blaming everyone.

Save your holier-than-thou preachy nonsense. You're the only person who brought race or income into this.

Only people that should be pissed is the people that love football but wouldn’t wear a mask and social distance. They should be pissed at themselves. Never listen to a politician when it comes to health . Listen to science. This is why there will be no football if that happens.
The exact same thing happened with the 1918 flu in America. Ignorant people didn't listen to science, which contributed to the high number of deaths, and Americans still haven't learned anything.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been.

-Isaac Asimov
This family knew what's up, though!

Reactions: Scalvinscaliwag

My wife is a pediatrician. She is adamant that schools should not have closed and that they should reopen on schedule this fall. She is also adamant that those in high risk categories should quarantine. She is also adamant that if you have ANY symptoms, quarantine and wear a mask. She is also adamant that healthy people wearing a mask is unhealthy.
What about teachers? Many are already scared of catching the virus from kids, and there have been shortages of substitutes for years, which got really bad this past school year. I should know, I work for a school system, and teachers have been letting their thoughts be known to school boards.

Last edited:
I agree...we should listen to the science. But which science? Seems every politician trots out a doctor or a study or a report or an expert that supports whatever the politician happens to support.

My wife is a pediatrician. She is adamant that schools should not have closed and that they should reopen on schedule this fall. She is also adamant that those in high risk categories should quarantine. She is also adamant that if you have ANY symptoms, quarantine and wear a mask. She is also adamant that healthy people wearing a mask is unhealthy.

I am sure someone will post a differing opinion but I trust my wife’s judgment when it comes to health issues.

Many years ago, I was a state trooper. On Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend and Labor Day weekend, we did selective enforcement for DUIs by setting up road block checkpoints. DUI arrests “spiked” on each of those weekends. More checks, more DUI arrests. More tests, more cases.
Your wife, for all her training and experience, is letting personal opinion influence her medical knowledge. Perhaps the country can do what she says, but as a medical professional she should understand the implication of those actions. Every action has a consequence.

Maybe science can indeed save the season. Vaccine by 2021. Football begins in February/March. Finger's crossed.

I think they're being really generous about the time frame of a vaccine. They usually take years, if not decades, to safely make. I hope I'm wrong. Back in March, and until just recently, they said it could take 12-18 months at least.

I think they're being really generous about the time frame of a vaccine. They usually take years, if not decades, to safely make. I hope I'm wrong. Back in March, and until just recently, they said it could take 12-18 months at least.
They got one for the H1N1 virus within 6 months. Granted, H1N1 was more closely related to the more common strains of the flu virus and H1N1 did originate in the US, so it was easier to make the vaccination. But you'd think with all the technology advancement in the past 10 years, and the fact that another Chinese Doctor who was researching the virus has defected to the US because of the Chinese government covering up and lying about the government's role in the virus' spread.

Well said. Too many people can't seem to separate politics from simple, everyday life. Not everything is "right" vs "left", Democrat vs Republican, or conservative vs liberal. At the end of the day we are all humans. Yet so many are blindly committed to a political party that doesn't even know who they are or care about their lives. The two party system is the worse thing that has ever happened to our country.

Well said. Too many people can't seem to separate politics from simple, everyday life. Not everything is "right" vs "left", Democrat vs Republican, or conservative vs liberal. At the end of the day we are all humans. Yet so many are blindly committed to a political party that doesn't even know who they are or care about their lives. The two party system is the worse thing that has ever happened to our country.

And that, my friend, is why Trump got elected. Love him or hate him, he's neither a Democrat or a Republican.

And that, my friend, is why Trump got elected. Love him or hate him, he's neither a Democrat or a Republican.

Uh oh...you're going to trigger him saying that. And then you'll see that the "OMG Guise it's not a dem vs. rep thing" was all a bunch of virtue signaling nonsense.

Time now here in Tidewater which today had 50% of Virginia’s total cases to get all the dumb asses to start wearing masks. Or just go back to phase 1 for Portsmouth, Norfolk, VB and Chesapeake. They are 2/3 of the issues here. I’m so surprised.

I’m in the school system and know LOTS of teachers anxious, ready and willing to get back to work ASAP! The few that I know who have voiced concerns, are generally younger and very liberal. One even said in an online meeting that it was nice to stay home and be paid and wanted to do that as long as possible.

That’s my last post ever on anything not directly sports related on this site.

If this turns into Facebook, count me out!
Only a member for half a year. Bye. Ps/ a diatribe is a forceful and bitter attack on something. My first hand exposure to Trump in NYC and explanation is hardly that. Maybe in your school system the definition is different.

Last edited:
Been a member since Zirkle Blakey ran the show way back. Your snarky comments just show why today’s kids and many adults think it is okay to do/say what they please. They have no fear of having the taste slapped out of their mouths since they hide behind a keyboard. Oh, and next time you google the definition of a word, look beyond the first definition that pops up. You will learn something. How your comments being jeremiad? Maybe your school system can define that for you AH.
My, my, so angry up there in Madison County. List of woes-jeremiad, snarky. Must be an English teacher. Congratulations. And threats of violence with slapping the taste out of my mouth. But as you will not be responding to non football posts all I can say is have a nice day from Williamsburg. Ps- no need to abbreviate AH, go ahead and spell it out.

I think I’ll make one exception for you..

Eres tan patético, que resultas entrañable (I teach Spanish).

BTW, there are TWO high schools in Madison. I just happen to teach at one and attended the other many years ago. Oh, AH = agitated and hostile.
Thanks and sorry , I know German very well but very little Spanish so I’ll pass on the translation. Sorry to say we both will not be seeing football this year. Many excellent Seniors from all around Virginia will miss their opportunity to play one last time in many cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT