ADVERTISEMENT

Dan River @ Tunstall

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Should be the game of the night in Southside. Zemar Anderson looks as if he's the best QB Dan River has had in a long time and he has some darn good receivers in Jaylan Fitzgerald and Devin Stone. Throw in Durant and Cam Hunt and this offense can score on anybody. Tunstall has one of the best coaches in the area in Potts. Tunstall's QB Buckner is growing and Clay Hardy looks to be Tunstall's guy at RB. Michael Pyrtle and Ben Donahue give Tunstall threats at WR that they didn't have last year. Tunstall has beaten DR 3 out of the last 4 meetings. Should be interesting.

Yeah, Dan River and Appo are hands down the two best 2a teams in the state. Goochland is looking good too but if DR is healthy.. DR and Appo will be the biggest 2a game of the year.

Appo 2 to 3 TD better then DR . Appo is coached very well . DR has wasted more talent then anybody around the last 8 years . Nothing to show for it . I can't tell yea how many D1 players they have sent off to college .

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Any 2A team with D1 players should contend for state championship. Lack of a good passing game has held DR back in previous years. Most good teams can run ball in regular season against inferior teams, but come playoff time, there are teams out there that can slow or stop the run. Not many can stop a good passing attack.

No doubt on paper, Appo is 2 to 3 TD better, but I see DR being just as dangerous as Amherst in beating Appo. They're playing at DR too where DR are known to pull off some miracles. Definitely have the weapons to give Appo a run for their money.

Hands down? I think there's a few far west teams down here who would like to have a say in that debate.
All due respect, I don't think any of those teams have the total packages as DR and Appo. Defense, offense, special teams and SPEED. Richlands is a damn good program. That QB of you guys is something else. Richlands IMO is one of the top programs in the state. Graham has the offense to score with anybody and Union is nobody to take lightly. In no way was I trying to disrespect the far southwest teams but DR whipped the defending 3a champs and Appo just beat IMO a top 3 3a team in Heritage the other night. I think that until someone beats them, that they're the top 2 2a teams in the state.

All due respect, I don't think any of those teams have the total packages as DR and Appo. Defense, offense, special teams and SPEED. Richlands is a damn good program. That QB of you guys is something else. Richlands IMO is one of the top programs in the state. Graham has the offense to score with anybody and Union is nobody to take lightly. In no way was I trying to disrespect the far southwest teams but DR whipped the defending 3a champs and Appo just beat IMO a top 3 3a team in Heritage the other night. I think that until someone beats them, that they're the top 2 2a teams in the state.
I wouldn't say they whipped MV, MV had 3 TDs called back

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT