ADVERTISEMENT

Defense wins championships!

All season the Phoebus defense lived on pick 6’s. The opposing offenses never learned. The difference today was defense!!!

All season the Phoebus defense lived on pick 6’s. The opposing offenses never learned. The difference today was defense!!!
A 2,000 plus yard passer, a 1,000 plus yard rusher. I think it was a lil more than pick sixes! You should focus on those Covid Champion Lafayette Rams next season!

• Haha
Reactions: gwb16
A 2,000 plus yard passer, a 1,000 plus yard rusher. I think it was a lil more than pick sixes! You should focus on those Covid Champion Lafayette Rams next season!
The score was 22-14, 14 of it was pick 6’s against LCA. Covid Champions, what does that slight mean? In May Lafayette beat Phoebus and Botetourt, the two best teams out there.

The score was 22-14, 14 of it was pick 6’s against LCA. Covid Champions, what does that slight mean? In May Lafayette beat Phoebus and Botetourt, the two best teams out there.
The Rams represented well in the Spring and brought the trophy home. In the fall Phoebus took down a private school that could recruit the best players. I'm proud of both teams.

The Rams represented well in the Spring and brought the trophy home. In the fall Phoebus took down a private school that could recruit the best players. I'm proud of both teams.
I totally agree. My only point was the Phoebus defense was great and constantly in the playoffs got pick 6’s, a great feat and on Saturday the defense was the star. Marty O’Brien’s article today in the Daily Press starts out “no one at Phoebus should take offense if the defense gets much of the credit for the State Title”. He goes on to mention Phoebus had 5 pick 6’s in post season play. A pretty good stat rarely accomplished by any high school.

Reactions: CHUKNOW and gwb16
You were in your feelings big dog. He clearly said the defense lived on pick 6s this year which we really did. It was him giving props to our secondary lol how do you get offended? You know we don’t do feelings on Ireland St!

Looks like the same can be said for this yr with all the games that were cancelled (forfeited) and teams missing key players at times.

Reactions: gwb16
Looks like the same can be said for this yr with all the games that were cancelled (forfeited) and teams missing key players at times.
But it wasn't a shortened season by VHSL. Yes things can happened to cause cancelations and forfeits but the season wasn't minimized via scheduling. I was wrong for that comment about Lafayette's title run. They played tough teams (including Phoebus) and that title was legitimate. Again, I was wrong.

I compared COVID season to pre season benefit games. I didn't put a lot of stock in it. It simply wasn't a normal season.

I compared COVID season to pre season benefit games. I didn't put a lot of stock in it. It simply wasn't a normal season.
So teams still played their district (6) games and 4 playoff games but they were like benefit games? Hmmm So was this season a normal season? I don't think it was. Teams cancelling games every week, playing short handed due to players being out for non-injuries. Come on man. Those kids that graduated last season earned their titles just like the teams did this past weekend.

But it wasn't a shortened season by VHSL. Yes things can happened to cause cancelations and forfeits but the season wasn't minimized via scheduling. I was wrong for that comment about Lafayette's title run. They played tough teams (including Phoebus) and that title was legitimate. Again, I was wrong.
I see your point that VHSL shortened the season. The playoffs had the usual suspects and they didn't have to play the first round games that usually end in blow outs more times than not. Lafayette was the only Spring champ that did not make it to at least the semi-finals. 3 of the 6 repeated as champs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT