Dinwiddie vs Salem

Who wins?

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Salem

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters
Yep. But can be very painful!

Is Mrs. Moore still alive? I think she was still working a few years ago?

Go ahead and change your mind Shanti its okay. I really enjoy how everyone on here picked Dinwiddie to win, but they only win by 14 and its watch out. I get it based on a few over zealous fans who post to get things pumped up and the Generals don't destroy Lafayette like expected.

Let me remind you Salem beat William Byrd 24-17 two weeks ago and most posters didnt blink. Also a recent post referenced Lafayette losing to Salem several years ago in the finals and it was a "tough game". I guess only certain teams can play close games. I would call it fickle.

This is going to be a very good game between two very good teams and coaching staffs. Its a game I have wanted to see since the realignment announcement.

For reference purposes lets first give Salem props. Sine realignment they have been to the State finals 3 of the 4 years and the past 3 years. Quite an accomplishment. The Spartans playoff record since 2013 is 14-2. Dinwiddie, the 2013 champion returns to the finals after a two year hiatus. The Generals playoff record is 13-2. They were knocked out in 2014 by Lake Taylor and Hanover in 2015.

Obviously, neither team lacks state championship experience and will be prepared. Think about it only four teams have played for the title since realignment. Sherando, Lake Taylor, Salem and Dinwiddie. This isnt a coincidence. These teams are all well run programs.

I for one refuse to degrade this game by talking smack. History will not win this game. Coaching and execution will.

Good luck to both teams and may all Salem fans be careful on their drive down.

Last edited:
Go ahead and change your mind Shanti its okay. I really enjoy how everyone on here picked Dinwiddie to win, but they only win by 14 and its watch out. I get it based on a few over zealous fans who post to get things pumped up and the Generals don't destroy Lafayette like expected.

Let me remind you Salem beat William Byrd 24-17 two weeks ago and most posters didnt blink. Also a recent post referenced Lafayette losing to Salem several years ago in the finals and it was a "tough game". I guess only certain teams can play close games. I would call it fickle.

This is going to be a very good game between two very good teams and coaching staffs. Its a game I have wanted to see since the realignment announcement.

For reference purposes lets first give Salem props. Sine realignment they have been to the State finals 3 of the 4 years and the past 3 years. Quite an accomplishment. The Spartans playoff record since 2013 is 14-2. Dinwiddie, the 2013 champion returns to the finals after a two year hiatus. The Generals playoff record is 13-2. They were knocked out in 2014 by Lake Taylor and Hanover in 2015.

Obviously, neither team lacks state championship experience and will be prepared. Think about it only four teams have played for the title since realignment. Sherando, Lake Taylor, Salem and Dinwiddie. This isnt a coincidence. These teams are all well run programs.

I for one refuse to degrade this game by talking smack. History will not win this game. Coaching and execution will.

Good luck to both teams and may all Salem fans be careful on their drive down.
When did Lafayette play Salem in the finals? I know they played magna vista but don't recall Salem

What's the name of the place on 460 with the tree growing through the roof? Stabler, if you are coming from east of Salem, stop by here and get a hot dog. Tell them, easy on the chili, and get three quarts of water. (And that may not be enough!)

Moores Country Store, just outside of Lynchburg...make sure you get chili on it :) Spicy!!!

Reactions: wikki
I have never seen Salem change the way the play fundementally until last year at Lake Taylor. They had to change it up to beat Lake Taylor and they did and it worked. I even talked to a man who goes to the games every year and in his opinion the Salem team he saw in 15 looked like a different team from the year before. It's going to be a contest of coaches and regarding the boys, who wants it more.

I have never seen Salem change the way the play fundementally until last year at Lake Taylor. They had to change it up to beat Lake Taylor and they did and it worked. I even talked to a man who goes to the games every year and in his opinion the Salem team he saw in 15 looked like a different team from the year before. It's going to be a contest of coaches and regarding the boys, who wants it more.
The Salem staff did learn some things defending the Veer from the year before as Salem hadn't played against that type of offense in as long as I can remember.

Right now, the voting favors Dinwiddie by 62% to 38% for Salem. VHSL Reference has almost exactly the same percentage, 61% to 39% for Dinwiddie. CalPreps doesn't give a probability, but it projects Dinwiddie to win 31-28, so it would seem to give Salem a better chance than VHSL Reference or VaPreps posters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT