ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Chiswell @ GW

justinjackson55

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 23, 2008
Thoughts?
Always a interesting game with there cross county rivals. GW appears to have one of the stronger teams around. But could they overlook someone like FC?

If all the hype around GW is true this game could get ugly in a hurry. I dont think the kids from GW will over look a cross county rival. I think GW rolls in another blow out.

Last edited:
Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I think if you can get your hands on some preseason film and the Radford film you will see this team is focused. They have one goal set for each week and that is win with execution. This team is not like teams of before. 9/10 games this year they will control the front lines on both sides of the ball. Everyone of us on here know that Radford is never a pushover. These kid made a bold statement with how they handled that game. Fort Chiswell will not be overlooked but one thing for these kids to keep in mind is just going out there and having fun. From Rural Retreat to Fort Chiswell we all know people at each school and most of them are friends. This will be one of the more exciting matchups but im gonna have to go with the Maroons by at least 5 TD's. I think FC's execution against a beat up sub par Rural Retreat team will haunt them in this game and wont be able to keep up.

If all the hype around GW is true this game could get ugly in a hurry. I dont think the kids from GW will over look a cross county rival. I think GW rolls in another blow out.
Well said MT the kids aren't overlooking FC or anyone for that matter. This is a goal driven team coached by a goal driven coach. Last season I couldn't stand the way Harner called games but so far this year he is calling kill shots and will not let the kids let up until the game is over! As I called it the other day GW is playing foot on throat football.

I think Harner had to find the mentality of the kids in order to get the calling down. He certainly put in the work needed to improve. No one is harder on a coach than that coach!

Yeah I think he did to he wasn't used to being around a team with a constant flow of talent. And a bunch of kids who expect to win and will do anything to fulfill those expectations. Now that he sees that's what he has now he has finally come around to them. If Coach Harner and the kids keep it up its going to get very ugly for a lot of our opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT