ADVERTISEMENT

George Washington vs Orange

Orange will be tough, especially on offense, explosive enough to score! Problem lies with the defense, thats been thier issue all season. If they could play a lick of defense they could very well be 9-1 the one being the debacle agianst Albemarle. They gave Louisa all they wanted. I see a 42- 28 GW win.

GW is a team that could very well win the region and also a team to go out like Glass. Depends on who shows up. Orange is good, Western is good, Salem and Louisa could both win the state championship. Very tough road but one game at a time.

When Orange steps on the field, GW fans will wonder, "how are they always so average?" Orange has passed the "eye test" for decades in terms of size and athleticism, and looking like they can beat anyone by 40. They usually have one of the biggest, fastest, and most athletic teams in our area. It's fun just to watch their kick and punt returns, it's been a staple of theirs, and they usually return a bunch to the house. A few years ago, their O line averaged around 270 lbs and both of their RBs were over 6' 2" 230 lbs and fast.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
No disrespect to Orange but I think they will also wonder wow this is a good football team we are playing and who is #42 causing havoc at the line of scrimmage. Also GW is not the same team that played against Glass in week 1. They always have weapons at every position. Orange will have to figure out how do I slow anything down! GW is very balanced on both sides of the ball. Can’t wait GO EAGLES!!!!

Orange this season, and in the spring, are definitely better than they've been in a long time. Louisa had to come from behind to beat them in the spring.

Orange freshman #2 WR will be a handful tonight and next 3 years, kid is legit D1 prospect. Soph RB has excellant wheels and vision, will also be a college prospect. Orange main issue, is they are young, 9 freshman on varsity, with 4-5 contributing in some fashion, Defense is the youngest and there lies the issue. They will be really good next few years, but if they fall behind they at times get down on thenselves. QB is a soark plug and best GW has seen this year. Over 1000 rushing and 1000 plus passing. The reciever is second in yards and catches in Fred area. They will fight tonight, but GW will wear them down. GW has to shoot thenselves in foot for Orange to pull heroic upset! By the way, I moved out west and son plays for Orange! Go Hornets! I still follow my beloved Cougars.

Orange freshman #2 WR will be a handful tonight and next 3 years, kid is legit D1 prospect. Soph RB has excellant wheels and vision, will also be a college prospect. Orange main issue, is they are young, 9 freshman on varsity, with 4-5 contributing in some fashion, Defense is the youngest and there lies the issue. They will be really good next few years, but if they fall behind they at times get down on thenselves. QB is a soark plug and best GW has seen this year. Over 1000 rushing and 1000 plus passing. The reciever is second in yards and catches in Fred area. They will fight tonight, but GW will wear them down. GW has to shoot thenselves in foot for Orange to pull heroic upset! By the way, I moved out west and son plays for Orange! Go Hornets! I still follow my beloved Cougars.
No. GW played a 4 star QB from Nation Ford and made him look avg. Kid threw 4 picks. Had 7 power 5 offers.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Let's not act like Orange will magically become tough on defense when they're older. Same song, different year.

35-21 GW
GW has no answer for Orange QB who is running all over them. Difference in game is horrible punt and long GW kick off to 3 yard line.

It will make a differance, not many teams have 2 freshman 4 soohs starting in defense. Younsters getting playoff experiance agianst a team like GW veey valuable and playoff tested.

49-21 Orange will make two good plays for stops on D, but then give up a 42 yard run. GW has had a few 3rd and 15 or 17 and easily picked up the yardage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT