ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna at Radford

colonel 72

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 30, 2010
This has been a good series over the last few years. At one time it featured two brothers as coaches.Both teams this year should be good. I hear the Radford team has a very big O line. Prilou should be bigger, stronger and faster.
Gretna has some horses in the backfield and depth at that position. QB is an experienced senior and Gretna has great overall team speed. As usual with any big game keep a tally on turnovers and watch closely the special teams play for both teams. Your thoughts.

If it comes down to special teams good luck beating the kicker for Radford. Kid is super talented!

Reactions: moto138
Is this same kicker as last year? He was good. I'm hearing that Radford is loaded. Most of the pieces back from last year and a couple of transfers. Coaching is always good. They will have a great crowd I'm sure. Will be a tough test for Gretna. Hope for an amazing game and neither team gets anyone hurt.

Yes he's the same kicker and only a junior to boot. Would be VERY surprised if he didn't earn a full ride somewhere.
Very interested in this game.

Not good. Hate when a player gets hurt. Praying its minor and not a long term problem.

It's not good. P.J. is young though. He will be fine. He's tough as nails. Radfords football team is still built around it's lineplay on both sides of the ball. That's our strength. PJ is an elite player on both sides, but I think it hurts just as much on the defensive side. He can take the opponents best WR and just lock him down which can take away the deep threat on offense against us. Either way you spin it, it hurts and it's a big deal for everyone. He's a gamechanging type player.

It's not good. P.J. is young though. He will be fine. He's tough as nails. Radfords football team is still built around it's lineplay on both sides of the ball. That's our strength. PJ is an elite player on both sides, but I think it hurts just as much on the defensive side. He can take the opponents best WR and just lock him down which can take away the deep threat on offense against us. Either way you spin it, it hurts and it's a big deal for everyone. He's a gamechanging type player.
Was he hurt in practice this week? I heard he may have cramped last week at Chiswell. I hope he is well. This is the part of sports that no one likes. My son got hurt playing football. Was not fun to watch. Still hurts ME.

I hope it's not a season ending injury. Someone on another board posted it was his ACL. Prayers for him, I hate to see any player hurt no matter the team.

I hope it's not a season ending injury. Someone on another board posted it was his ACL. Prayers for him, I hate to see any player hurt no matter the team.
P.J. is out for the season. He will return next year stronger then ever.

Man that sucks. He's exciting to watch. I'm praying he recovers fully and has success at the next level.

Hate that for that young man!
Prayers all goes well with recovery.

Prayers for PJ. I just hate it for him. He's a talented athlete. Wish him a full recovery and much continued succees once he's healed up.

I hate to see any kid get hurt. Hope he rebounds to 100%.

How many talented kids will Radford return? I'd hate for him to miss the one season they had a chance to make a deep run.

P.J is awesome and a playmaker, but our lineplay on both sides is the strength of the overall team. This season ain't over yet. We are still much better than last year and have the ability to win the Region and the state title. I'm not saying we will because there are other great teams out there, but we are far from out of the conversation even with the loss of P.J. Our line on both sides is really that good for a 2A team.

Losing PJ hurts, but Radford can win state without him. That's a fact.
Hate to see this. Hope he can come back next year. Radford is a storied high school program and not only in football. They will continue to compete despite this setback.

Reactions: obguthr
In Marshall, he could possibly be back for the playoffs, late in the playoffs if we got that far. It hurts because both of them were All Staters last year, and our OL is good enough that we will still be able to run it well, and Z has matured incredibly from last year. He can throw the ball. Marshall and PJ will hurt equally on D. This guy's probably accounted for 1/3rd to 1/2 of our tackles made last year. Against a passing tram or a team with solid WRs like Glenvar, it could be a shaky matchup with our secondary.

I don't know what happens with Gretna, but we matchup well against run oriented teams. Our line is still intact and they really are special up front.

I don't know why, but there seems to be more injuries this season than ever before. This includes all levels, HS, college and NFL.

Reactions: obguthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT