ADVERTISEMENT

GW 28 Magna Vista 21

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Don't know many details but I do know that GW led 28-7 early in the third and held on for the win over the 2014 3A defending State Champs Magna Vista Warriors. What a game! 2015 Piedmont District Championship trophy stays in Danville. Big game for Coach Pearson and his blue collar defense that he's built over at GW.

All I can say is Wow MV has a great defense!
Turnovers, Turnovers, turnovers. . Mv offense couldn't really get that momentum, but thats a credit to GW defense. . They are quick off the edges and have good DBs.. this is what you expect with a game with this much hype. Both teams played great, great speed. I thought MV defense did great controlling GW run game. Both teams should make some noise in the coming weeks.. congratulations GW

Looks like JF may be playing GW in round 2, they must be pretty solid, beating MV. Do they pose a big threat to us? I haven't seen them

Really? They must've improved a LOT defensively since our matchup with them

Looks like JF may be playing GW in round 2, they must be pretty solid, beating MV. Do they pose a big threat to us? I haven't seen them
Should be a classic game. I wouldn't say big threat, but they probably will do a little better containing Navy and Miller Trent than most teams. GW may be the most balanced team in 4a West with Salem having a lot to say about that. If JF gets into a scoring battle with them, GW's defense has the ability to make clutch plays like they did tonight against the best team in 3a. My dad's seen JF play 4 times (Salem, MV, Rustburg, and Amherst) this year and GW 4 (Vance, Tunstall, Bassett and MV) and said it could be the best game both teams play all year.

Reactions: jfcav1
Really? They must've improved a LOT defensively since our matchup with them
MV has improved tremendously since JF. That was just one of those games.. JF and GW gonna play out like tonight did. Who wins the turnover battle and big special team play. Graves and jones on kickoffs, that should be something to see. GW defense is quick, they dont allow to many big plays they will keep you in check. That will be a great game if it works out like that.

MV has improved tremendously since JF. That was just one of those games.. JF and GW gonna play out like tonight did. Who wins the turnover battle and big special team play. Graves and jones on kickoffs, that should be something to see. GW defense is quick, they dont allow to many big plays they will keep you in check. That will be a great game if it works out like that.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Graves vs. Jones on special teams will be worth admission itsself. GW proved tonight that their defense is not to be taken lightly. They've improved drastically since last year. They have to be happy of where their program's going.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Graves vs. Jones on special teams will be worth admission itsself. GW proved tonight that their defense is not to be taken lightly. They've improved drastically since last year. They have to be happy of where their program's going.

I think they will be in opposite brackets... If JF is number 1 seed and GW 7... If JF is 2 seed then they would play GW in second round if GW wins opener

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT