ADVERTISEMENT

I find it funny....

@mbonape1 I've read your thoughts and respect your opinion. yall would've beat HSHS by 14 in 2017?

2017 was the best class 4 field ever. IDK for sure if HSHS would have beaten every team in class 4 on any given night that season. Certainly don’t know that they would lose to any of them either. I simply don’t know.

I think Monacan would have had a chance against Springs that particular year but I don’t know that we would have won. Wouldn’t go that far... but maybe. At the end of the day we have never won a state title. That would have been our best chance to play with them and be competitive.

I can tell you this year I believe HSHS is better than EVERY class 4 team for sure and probably by a long shot. They just have too much depth. I thought maybe they may be a bit inexperienced and there might be some early hiccups but after seeing the evidence of the first 4 games I really can’t find a negative. They are a top 15 team in the US by ranking. Any class 4 that thanks they can hang around with Springs... I would say is just wishful thinking.

I guess you've never heard of 5 star top 10 LB in the nation Brandon Smith. What 5 star players has Oakton or HS had?

That's cool I'm not into ranking the players anyway because how the hell can anyone rank any players from Louisa 5 star when they play against cupcakes. Hard to truly judge talent when they shining against garbage. I will take our 3 star players like
2017 was the best class 4 field ever. IDK for sure if HSHS would have beaten every team in class 4 on any given night that season. Certainly don’t know that they would lose to any of them either. I simply don’t know.

I think Monacan would have had a chance against Springs that particular year but I don’t know that we would have won. Wouldn’t go that far... but maybe. At the end of the day we have never won a state title. That would have been our best chance to play with them and be competitive.

I can tell you this year I believe HSHS is better than EVERY class 4 team for sure and probably by a long shot. They just have too much depth. I thought maybe they may be a bit inexperienced and there might be some early hiccups but after seeing the evidence of the first 4 games I really can’t find a negative. They are a top 15 team in the US by ranking. Any class 4 that thanks they can hang around with Springs... I would say is just wishful thinking.

We would have destroyed 4a in 2017 we were loaded with talent that year. Dreshaun Taylor was a 6 ft 2 250lb freshman running back that was running all through defenses. Minus Tman being hurt during that playoff run we were loaded. Don't forget we were up on a pretty good Tuscarora team 33-7 at half time in the state championship in 2017. We ended putting our reserves in before half time of a state championship. lol

@Thomasddev Brandon played in the Under Armour All American game, and in Nike camps against the top players in the country over the summers, my brother. He also trained with RVA players over the summers like Beamon of Manchester, now a fellow Penn State teammate. He fully earned his 5 star ranking. Thanks for more of your ignorance, though.

We've had multiple D1 players and have one in the NFL right now, idiot. Y'all had flameout Keith Payne. And stop insulting 4A Salem, the team we lost to, a team with NINE state titles that would also beat HS. The 2016 and 2017 teams definitely would've. You are just another type who looks at 5A vs 4A and ignorantly assume they'd beat the 4A team instead of using your eyes. 4A Lake Taylor beat 6A Freedom last year. I'm sorry that Oakton has been crap for so long that you hopped on the 804 bandwagon.

Freedom was garbage Manchester mop them up last year. Weak argument

@Thomasddev Brandon played in the Under Armour All American game, and in Nike camps over the summers, my brother. He also trained with RVA players over the summers like Beamon of Manchester, now a fellow Penn State teammate. He fully earned his 5 star ranking. Thanks for more of your ignorance, though.

What is he doing at Penn State now is he starting, is he a standout player. Penn State has a rich history. We don't have any 5 star players coming from HSHS but they all shine on their teams and standout. So I don't care about high school player rankings. Mechi Becton OL Louisville, Kvon Wallace safety Clemson, Billy Kemp wr UVA, Tank Scott cb ODU, last year Greg Dortch wr Wake forest, Felton Davis wr Michigan State. So I'll take our 3 star players that standout at the next level over your 5 star bench rider

That's cool I'm not into ranking the players anyway because how the hell can anyone rank any players from Louisa 5 star when they play against cupcakes. Hard to truly judge talent when they shining against garbage. I will take our 3 star players like

We would have destroyed 4a in 2017 we were loaded with talent that year. Dreshaun Taylor was a 6 ft 2 250lb freshman running back that was running all through defenses. Minus Tman being hurt during that playoff run we were loaded. Don't forget we were up on a pretty good Tuscarora team 33-7 at half time in the state championship in 2017. We ended putting our reserves in before half time of a state championship. lol

Mainly, I think the top 10 in 4 in 2017 were better than the top 10 in 5 as a group that season. At the very top 2-3, class 5 may have been supreme. I disagree that you would have destroyed the field but you were loaded and may very well have been the best team regardless of classification. I just think the level of Separation is at its greatest this season between HSHS and the field. I also don’t think there is a great class 4 team this year at all.

Reactions: Thomasddev
What is he doing at Penn State now is he starting, is he a standout player. Penn State has a rich history. We don't have any 5 star players coming from HSHS but they all shine on their teams and standout. So I don't care about high school player rankings. Mechi Becton OL Louisville, Kvon Wallace safety Clemson, Billy Kemp wr UVA, Tank Scott cb ODU, last year Greg Dortch wr Wake forest, Felton Davis wr Michigan State. So I'll take our 3 star players that standout at the next level over your 5 star bench rider
https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals...rth-staffords-devyn-ford-of-penn-state.63866/

All of your answers right there. Good night.

Saying Louisa can beat HS and calling out the exaggeration of their D1 talent isn't bashing them. If HS was more of a power running team, I wouldn't be saying we would beat them, because that was Louisa's weakness. But they're more of a spread/pistol team, Louisa's strength. Louisa took a big step this year by beating a VERY GOOD power running Massaponax team with a 6' 4" 190 lb D1 athlete at QB and D1 linemen.

And I beg to differ about Penn State, they've won bowl games and just produced an NFL QB.

Now I'm done doing this, you should too. Louisa had nothing to do with this thread or the other thread they got brought up in.

tenor.gif
Louisa got brought because we know you're a fan of Louisa. Your schedule is weak as hell and Henrico was not garbage last year with 3 D1 players on the roster. We. No one knew Hermitage would drop off like they did after Kane left so we scheduled like we normally did every year. And please stop hanging your hat on that ponax game you guys won because they missed the field goal. You act like y'all dominated the game the way you keep bragging. Ponax is mid tier team from a weak 5a. Why didn't Louisa schedule a 5a team from 804. Scared say you scared then.

@Thomasddev Louisa BLOCKED the field goal genius! Damn you just keep saying dumb stuff. Ponax is 6A now. And no one even said anything about Henrico.

I'm blown away that people would diss a 5 star linebacker (who is also an amazing kid). When is the last time Virginia had one? I mean how ignorant can some "adults" be? It's very sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny"football"
I did a couple of simulations:

St. Frances 38 Highland Springs 8
DeMatha 31 Highland Springs 8

Man you have lost your damn mind. You guys are leaving out one major component which is chemistry. HSHS kids have grown up together and no each other strengths and weaknesses but many of the private school programs are a bunch of kids from all over. Our kids would really together and no way they would drop 38 on our defense and we only score 8

Reactions: HooSprings
Ehh, they haven’t ALL grown up together. Those coaches aren’t exactly respecting school zones or even school division lines with their recruiting...

Instead of Page, too bad HS isn’t playing one of our top four teams in NC. I ran simulations there as well,
Vance 21 Highland Springs 20
Highland Springs 28 Richmond Senior 21
Highland Springs 28 Mallard Creek 21
Myers Park 28 Highland Springs 22

It would’ve been very competitive
The Greensboro newspaper has mallard beating Vance tomorrow by 1. lol

@Thomasddev Louisa BLOCKED the field goal genius! Damn you just keep saying dumb stuff. Ponax is 6A now. And no one even said anything about Henrico.

I'm blown away that people would diss a 5 star linebacker (who is also an amazing kid). When is the last time Virginia had one? I mean how ignorant can some "adults" be? It's very sad.
I wish nothing but health and wealth for the kid, he still couldnt beat HSHS, goodnight VA Preps lol

Reactions: LionNation540

Bruh you throw alot of insults but you are a straight clown. I brought up Henrico because you said we played a weak schedule last year. You talk alot a crap about that cupcake program over there but we have 4 straight titles and are contention of a 5th won. We were right there in line to get others prior years but fell to likes of LC Bird by 2 points on a field goal and horrible officiating. For several years it was HS Herm and LC Bird battling for state supremecy. Who the hell had Louisa played in that weak district. Further more I root for all kids from VA so don't try to insinuate what I think I was just responding to that 5 star recruit garbage. Go and get a ring before you try barking with the big dogs

Ehh, they haven’t ALL grown up together. Those coaches aren’t exactly respecting school zones or even school division lines with their recruiting...
Whoaaaaaa! HSHS doesn’t need to recruit. These kids are brought up through the little league systems...Glen Lea,Sandston,East End,and Highland Springs Little leagues all feeding them. Some are actually 3rd generation Springers.

Reactions: Thomasddev
You realize that kids from outside the HSHS zone can play on those little league teams right?

Ehh, they haven’t ALL grown up together. Those coaches aren’t exactly respecting school zones or even school division lines with their recruiting...[/QUOTE
I disagree most of the kids on HSHS gave grown up together playing at Rec programs like Glen Lea, east end, and highland springs saints. Many of them don't play middle school ball for their schools because the rec programs are more competitive nowadays. Some end up going to different middle schools and the high schools but they find themselves back together at HSHS

You realize that kids from outside the HSHS zone can play on those little league teams right?
I do but if you look at our skill position players only one transferred in from another school which was Herm. Everyone else comes from HSHS

I absolutely realize that,but when it comes to recruiting,HSHS doesn’t need to do that! Any kid that chooses to transfer is their choice. A kid choosing to apply,and enroll in HSHS’s advanced education specialty centers from outside HSHS’s district,still must qualify academically,and still must be accepted,AND MUST live in Henrico county. There is NO recruiting when you have the feeder programs that HSHS has. Kids leave HSHS too!

I absolutely realize that,but when it comes to recruiting,HSHS doesn’t need to do that! Any kid that chooses to transfer is their choice. A kid choosing to apply,and enroll in HSHS’s advanced education specialty centers from outside HSHS’s district,still must qualify academically,and still must be accepted,AND MUST live in Henrico county. There is NO recruiting when you have the feeder programs that HSHS has. Kids leave HSHS too!

I can tell you that HSHS like any other power house probably gets the benefits of kids from outside of the program either moving into the HSHS zone for football that otherwise would’t. But that goes with being a great program. Kids want to play there. To be 100% honest though, HSHS has plenty of natural talent... enough to compete every year at the state level organically within their zone without any transfers. The current coaching staff is the difference. They have been fielding quality football teams for a long time. There was just something missing until the current regime took over. I am not a part of their program, so I am not qualified to tell you what that “something” is.

Their feeder programs are really the difference. For example, Reams, Davis, and Gordon (The old Monacan feeder programs) don’t even exist anymore. Half of the time, our kids are just starting to play football in the 9th grade. Those kids from springs have been balling together since they were knee high. That is really the biggest difference. They just have incredible participation all the way down to the pee-wee level. Those kids can easily see the path to playing CFB from little league.

I will personally be rooting for whomever wins region B to take states. If that is HSHS, I will be there wearing black and gold. Same goes for class 4.

Finally Louisa and HSHS are not playing this year. Let’s leave it at that. I hope you all have an injury free and blessed Friday night.

@HooSprings @Thomasddev do either of you know if your game is streamed or on the radio?

I can tell you that HSHS like any other power house probably gets the benefits of kids from outside of the program either moving into the HSHS zone for football that otherwise would’t. But that goes with being a great program. Kids want to play there. To be 100% honest though, HSHS has plenty of natural talent... enough to compete every year at the state level organically within their zone without any transfers. The current coaching staff is the difference. They have been fielding quality football teams for a long time. There was just something missing until the current regime took over. I am not a part of their program, so I am not qualified to tell you what that “something” is.

Their feeder programs are really the difference. For example, Reams, Davis, and Gordon (The old Monacan feeder programs) don’t even exist anymore. Half of the time, our kids are just starting to play football in the 9th grade. Those kids from springs have been balling together since they were knee high. That is really the biggest difference. They just have incredible participation all the way down to the pee-wee level. Those kids can easily see the path to playing CFB from little league.

I will personally be rooting for whomever wins region B to take states. If that is HSHS, I will be there wearing black and gold. Same goes for class 4.

Finally Louisa and HSHS are not playing this year. Let’s leave it at that. I hope you all have an injury free and blessed Friday night.

@HooSprings @Thomasddev do either of you know if your game is streamed or on the radio?
@Hldaniel would be able to tell you if the game is being streamed! I’d love to know to for my friends that can’t make it to NC.

Great post BTW!

On a related note...HSHS has a middle school offensive line that avgs 6’-265lbs that will be on the JV next year.

Yep, in my predictions I do every week, that you can find on NCPreps under 4A, I’ve got Mallard by 5 over Vance.
Any chance you’re going to the Page/HSHS game tonight?! HSHS’s starting RB returns tonight. He’s been out since the 3rd drive of the Avalon game. He turned an ankle on that drive,then broke his arm the next morning,slipping on the floor. He is scheduled to return to run behind a very experienced OLine.

Any chance you’re going to the Page/HSHS game tonight?! HSHS’s starting RB returns tonight. He’s been out since the 3rd drive of the Avalon game. He turned an ankle on that drive,then broke his arm the next morning,slipping on the floor. He is scheduled to return to run behind a very experienced OLine.
When the game was scheduled, I was planning on coming up. But seeing how Page has fallen, the game will be over by halftime. So I decided not to make the trip. We have Vance playing Mallard Creek here in Charlotte tonight. That’s going to be a war.

When the game was scheduled, I was planning on coming up. But seeing how Page has fallen, the game will be over by halftime. So I decided not to make the trip. We have Vance playing Mallard Creek here in Charlotte tonight. That’s going to be a war.
I hope you’re right about the game being over by half time, but I have a feeling that Page will play with a lot of pride of the Carolinas. You are correct though, that Vance/Mallard Creek game should be one hell of a bowl game

There is a lot of chatter about HSHS recruiting and transfers from all over.... I know of 2 transfer. The back up qb from Benedictine, who's father is a Coach at HSHS and the other one is a lineman from Glen Allen, 2 years ago !. Other than them, who else? Please y'all shed some light for me! Neither one of these are starters either!

Bruh you throw alot of insults but you are a straight clown. I brought up Henrico because you said we played a weak schedule last year. You talk alot a crap about that cupcake program over there but we have 4 straight titles and are contention of a 5th won. We were right there in line to get others prior years but fell to likes of LC Bird by 2 points on a field goal and horrible officiating. For several years it was HS Herm and LC Bird battling for state supremecy. Who the hell had Louisa played in that weak district. Further more I root for all kids from VA so don't try to insinuate what I think I was just responding to that 5 star recruit garbage. Go and get a ring before you try barking with the big dogs
Playing a 4-6 team, a 3-7 team, three 1-9 teams and a winless team IS A WEAK SCHEDULE fool! You played three good teams, Henrico, Varina, and Atlee. Guess what, playing those "weak" teams doesn't mean Louisa was weak! Just like HS wasn't weak! It wasn't Louisa's fault, tell those other teams to get good! And before you bring up ignoring the district and scheduling tougher teams like HS did, I think that's on a district by district basis.

There's no way to say you root for VA kids and then say "garbage" in the same sentence. Nothing garbage about that 5 star ranking for a once in a lifetime player, he would've had at least 15 tackles and 3 sacks against your boys and popped someone's helmet off, take your jealousy on somewhere.

There is a lot of "fantasy football" on this thread. If Louisa wants to have a shot at arguing this point well; you have to get a RING this year. Until you do that there is no arguing. Good luck with that too. There are a ton of great football teams out there that the Lions will have to go through. Louisa has not proven they can do that and Highland Springs has multiple times. I know the Kool Aid is good in Mineral but, don't choke on it.

HSHS would beat the D4s by 5 TDs. In 2017 I witnessed Monacan beat LC Bird 37 - 22. I then witnessed Varina destroy Bird in the playoffs 40-7. I know not to compare scores but Varina was 3 TDs better than Monacan with the eye test. HSHS beat Varina in 2017 28-7. You can compare a little.

There is a lot of chatter about HSHS recruiting and transfers from all over.... I know of 2 transfer. The back up qb from Benedictine, who's father is a Coach at HSHS and the other one is a lineman from Glen Allen, 2 years ago !. Other than them, who else? Please y'all shed some light for me! Neither one of these are starters either!
The only other one I can think of is Ali Jennings last year but he lived in Highland Springs district but went to the Hermitage specialty Center his first three years before finishing his high school year at Highland Springs but he had already committed to West Virginia before coming to Highland Springs

Wasn’t trying to smear the program. Sorry if it came across that way. Manchester on the other hand...

I just wonder how much you can claim “no recruiting” when kids are literally recruited for HSHS in little league when they aren’t zoned for HSHS. That’s all I’m saying. Just because a kid has “always gone to HS” doesn’t mean they weren’t recruited to play there.

Not worth the conversation honestly as it’s all above board & I have great respect for Coach Johnson.

Kerry king wr number 4 transferred from Herm.

Playing a 4-6 team, a 3-7 team, three 1-9 teams and a winless team IS A WEAK SCHEDULE fool! You played three good teams, Henrico, Varina, and Atlee. Guess what, playing those "weak" teams doesn't mean Louisa was weak! Just like HS wasn't weak! It wasn't Louisa's fault, tell those other teams to get good! And before you bring up ignoring the district and scheduling tougher teams like HS did, I think that's on a district by district basis.

There's no way to say you root for VA kids and then say "garbage" in the same sentence. Nothing garbage about that 5 star ranking for a once in a lifetime player, he would've had at least 15 tackles and 3 sacks against your boys and popped someone's helmet off, take your jealousy on somewhere.

All you do is talk about hypothetical scenarios. No one knows how the 5 star recruit would have faired against HSHS last year. We didn't have one close game even through the playoffs. We were sound on offense defense and special teams. Now I want to know why I would jealous of anything y'all have going on over there. Louisa is irrelevant now as they have been in the past playing cupcakes year after year. Now I agree with you our schedule was kinda weak last year until state semis but we easily defeated every opponent including a good Maury team and a good Stone Bridge team. What did Louisa win last year. You were at home last year during the state championship while we're winning our 4th. While y'all can't finish the job(ie state championship) don't come on class 5 forum talking about a team who is getting the job done. All we do is win win win no matter. Stop being a hater and click baiting. You know damn well Louisa is like William and Mary and HSHS is like Clemson.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT