ADVERTISEMENT

I need football talk

Fasho! Imagine him at Hermitage or even Henrico. I’m hearing he’ll get the same opportunity as Jason Wright had to start but have the open competition with Scott Jr. Hell of a player, Varina’s offense just didn’t fit his skill set. I would’ve loved to seen him at Mataoca.
I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder why no QB has gone to Mataoca they are loaded with skilled players

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Negative. Four schools in four years. He played for Benedictine his freshman year.
Correction. He was on the team at Benedictine, but did not play 9th grade. He started with the Middies, along with several other well known Chesterfield All-Stars from 6-8th grade. He couldn't even get reps at QB during practice at that time; not because of his skill set, size or speed. So, he, along with several other teammates, was only at that school for that one year.

Correction. He was on the team at Benedictine, but did not play 9th grade. He started with the Middies, along with several other well known Chesterfield All-Stars from 6-8th grade. He couldn't even get reps at QB during practice at that time; not because of his skill set, size or speed. So, he, along with several other teammates, was only at that school for that one year.
This is a little crazy. As someone who is deep into HS athletics, moving to this many schools just for football is overboard. I bring up being with your "boys" a lot because that's ultimately what HS sports brings a lot of these kids. Long lasting lifetime friendships. How can a kid develop those real relationships bouncing around like this? Not speaking on him in particular but it's been a couple of others that's bounced around too.

This is a little crazy. As someone who is deep into HS athletics, moving to this many schools just for football is overboard. I bring up being with your "boys" a lot because that's ultimately what HS sports brings a lot of these kids. Long lasting lifetime friendships. How can a kid develop those real relationships bouncing around like this? Not speaking on him in particular but it's been a couple of others that's bounced around too.
I appreciate your perspective on this matter, and I understand your concerns. However, after careful consideration, we believe that transferring schools presents the best opportunity for him to pursue scholarship opportunities in sports. We have thoroughly researched and weighed our options, and we firmly believe that this decision aligns with HIS long-term goals and aspirations. Your input is duly noted and I only ask for your support of him and any other young man who chooses to pursue their own path.

Reactions: Jhollan1
I appreciate your perspective on this matter, and I understand your concerns. However, after careful consideration, we believe that transferring schools presents the best opportunity for him to pursue scholarship opportunities in sports. We have thoroughly researched and weighed our options, and we firmly believe that this decision aligns with HIS long-term goals and aspirations. Your input is duly noted and I only ask for your support of him and any other young man who chooses to pursue their own path.
If he is your son, good luck to the young man in his future endeavors. I enjoyed watching him play and wish him the best at Bird. I like the way he conducts and presents himself on his Twitter page. 3.8 GPA and an excellent QB. He’s on the right track for success.

Reactions: Jhollan1 and gwb16
If he is your son, good luck to the young man in his future endeavors. I enjoyed watching him play and wish him the best at Bird. I like the way he conducts and presents himself on his Twitter page. 3.8 GPA and an excellent QB. He’s on the right track for success.
Thanks for the kind words and support.

A skill player just won the state title for Phoebus in December 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
May I respectfully disagree?
That was a team effort. ALL of that effort revolved around the OL and DL for Phoebus. That last second play wouldn't have been possible without the line play that had occurred during the game. Even the QB and WR gave props in post game interviews.....much respect to the freshman....but 11 vs 1....he's mauled....let's keep it real.

Very good with not a lot of question marks going into the season:
1. Phoebus 2. Varina 3. Tusky

Should be very good but some question marks:
4. Huguenot 5. Salem 6. Dinwiddie

Could shock some people but many question marks:
7. Eastern View 8. Warhill 9. Champe 10. Glass (even though I believe Powhatan has a slight say in the top 10).

7. Eastern View 8. Warhill 9. Champe 10. Glass (even though I believe Powhatan has a slight say in the top 10).
As far as Salem goes, we'll find out a lot about them in their 1st game at LCA. The Bulldogs will be favored and are an early frontrunner for C3 again this year. Salem will have their hands full trying to contain Gideon, but I'm excited to see Josiah Persinger as the featured back. He's a step slower than Peyton in straight-line speed, but he may be more elusive. It will be exciting to see that matchup. Another game that has my attention is William Fleming. (Game 3) Malachi Coleman will be tough to contain, and WF appears to be a team with a lot of potential.

As far as Salem goes, we'll find out a lot about them in their 1st game at LCA. The Bulldogs will be favored and are an early frontrunner for C3 again this year. Salem will have their hands full trying to contain Gideon, but I'm excited to see Josiah Persinger as the featured back. He's a step slower than Peyton in straight-line speed, but he may be more elusive. It will be exciting to see that matchup. Another game that has my attention is William Fleming. (Game 3) Malachi Coleman will be tough to contain, and WF appears to be a team with a lot of potential.
I like Fleming to be in the conversation again 5C. I think they’re going to be really good and they were very young last year with a new (& very very good) coach.. It’s good to see the Roanoke area teams back in the mix especially in the higher classifications.

A skill player just won the state title for Phoebus in December 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
No, a skill player winning states is rare. TreVeyon Henderson, Percy Harvin, Anthony Fisher, Peter Rose, Harry Dalton. Rose & Dalton are pure athletes, & Matoaca has athletes but they don’t have any of the aforementioned on that team. That lineman you’re talking about is a much better Dlineman than Olineman. I don’t get the hype

Matoaca is going to be the same Matoaca 🤷🏾‍♂️
Who you got in 5C? I was not impressed at all with Mataoca last year either. I’ve never seen a team with that many athletes let a much smaller team whussy them out, like Mataoca did against Dinwiddie. Gimme Herm or Fleming this year unless Mataoca gets a dual threat in at QB. I like Bird too but I don’t know how many pieces they’ll have to contend.

Reactions: General172011

I would put EV in the second tier, maybe the first tier. They return the majority of their 9-2 team last season.

I would put EV in the second tier, maybe the first tier. They return the majority of their 9-2 team last season.
I agree bro. They’re going to be legit. They showed they could play with anyone as they played both King George and Dinwiddie really tough (I happened to be at both games). I think they’ll take KG’s spot in the top 4 even though I think KG could still be a top 6 4B team.

I was heavy on Varina last year and believe it or not, they will probably get more love than Highland Springs in a lot of RVA news outlets this year. They’ll start “The Kid”, Kaleb Wyche at QB and he will take that offense to a new level. He’s gotten taller, started as a freshman all on their 26-2 basketball state semi final run, and has been killing it at camp so far. When people talk about Harry Dalton, they’ll be mentioning Wyche right behind. Still believe they’re a RB away from being elite.

Why worse? Curious
They will be better @wikki. Might take another year for the Line to mature but the QB and Rbs look good. More importantly the attitudes is almost gone. Some of the kids who didn't play last year is back and I think we get to 6 wins this year in a tough district.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Who you got in 5C? I was not impressed at all with Mataoca last year either. I’ve never seen a team with that many athletes let a much smaller team whussy them out, like Mataoca did against Dinwiddie. Gimme Herm or Fleming this year unless Mataoca gets a dual threat in at QB. I like Bird too but I don’t know how many pieces they’ll have to contend.
I was thinking Herm but man it’s hard to trust their Gameday Coaching

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Reddick and Stephenson won’t be an easy replacement but they have a lot of talent on that dline coming back and coming in. It’s just still so early to even talk about it because there’s a lot of rumors about transfers
I'm just piggybacking. To be honest, Phoebus loses standout studs every year. However, we're not like most programs. Coach Jeremy Blunt and staff always seems to always figure out different ways to get the job done based on the strengths and personnel of that particular team. The threepeat had three different QBs starting the championship game with the last two being back ups. Again, if you follow Phoebus by now, you'd know that they don't really have much of a letdown.

I'm just piggybacking. To be honest, Phoebus loses standout studs every year. However, we're not like most programs. Coach Jeremy Blunt and staff always seems to always figure out different ways to get the job done based on the strengths and personnel of that particular team. The threepeat had three different QBs starting the championship game with the last two being back ups. Again, if you follow Phoebus by now, you'd know that they don't really have much of a letdown.
Well when every good football player in the Hampton area is allowed to play for the same team. Yeah, you shouldn't have any letdowns.

I agree bro. They’re going to be legit. They showed they could play with anyone as they played both King George and Dinwiddie really tough (I happened to be at both games). I think they’ll take KG’s spot in the top 4 even though I think KG could still be a top 6 4B team.

I was heavy on Varina last year and believe it or not, they will probably get more love than Highland Springs in a lot of RVA news outlets this year. They’ll start “The Kid”, Kaleb Wyche at QB and he will take that offense to a new level. He’s gotten taller, started as a freshman all on their 26-2 basketball state semi final run, and has been killing it at camp so far. When people talk about Harry Dalton, they’ll be mentioning Wyche right behind. Still believe they’re a RB away from being elite.
Interesting game and week two when Phoebus visits Highland Springs and the Highland Springs new quarterback.

Interesting game and week two when Phoebus visits Highland Springs and the Highland Springs new quarterback.
Great for VHSL football that HS picked up Phoebus on their schedule. Waiting to see Varina’s schedule. I don’t know if they’re playing Indian River again or Freedom. Varina and Herm will be good area games for the Springers this year.

What’s your thoughts on Hatfield?

Great for VHSL football that HS picked up Phoebus on their schedule. Waiting to see Varina’s schedule. I don’t know if they’re playing Indian River again or Freedom. Varina and Herm will be good area games for the Springers this year.

Hayfield depends on the players that he can get out. I still haven’t heard whether the running back is staying at freedom or going to hayfield. I know Highland Springs is loaded. More than one transfer is going to make HSprings one of the top three teams in the state again.

Anxious to see what Maury returns too. Anxious to see how many transfer over there this off-season compared to last year.

I see Amherst staying the same, maybe a lil worse. Both Glass and JF will take a step backwards. Woodys second year in Cville could be interesting.
Nobody thought JF would be good last year. This year people are going to say they will take a step back. They lost a lot of experienced and talented players. But the culture is built and the program is rebuilt. I will say they will not be as experienced early but probably will have more talent from top to bottom. Had one of the best JV teams in the area finished 9-1 on JV. Quite a few of those kids will step into big parts and will need to grow up fast. Look for JF to be one of the best teams up front. They have a very good off season lifting program. Also there d-line returns 2 of the best D ends in the region.(Wriggley Collins and Slade Keesse) Along with a dt that will be starting for the 4th year. They do lack quality depth so a couple key injuries would change everything.

Nobody thought JF would be good last year. This year people are going to say they will take a step back. They lost a lot of experienced and talented players. But the culture is built and the program is rebuilt. I will say they will not be as experienced early but probably will have more talent from top to bottom. Had one of the best JV teams in the area finished 9-1 on JV. Quite a few of those kids will step into big parts and will need to grow up fast. Look for JF to be one of the best teams up front. They have a very good off season lifting program. Also there d-line returns 2 of the best D ends in the region.(Wriggley Collins and Slade Keesse) Along with a dt that will be starting for the 4th year. They do lack quality depth so a couple key injuries would change everything.
JF will definitely have the size. Crews is building big boys over there.

I heard Salem recruited a rising 6th grader from Florida a few years back!

The Sandlot Youre Killing Me Smalls GIF

Hayfield depends on the players that he can get out. I still haven’t heard whether the running back is staying at freedom or going to hayfield. I know Highland Springs is loaded. More than one transfer is going to make HSprings one of the top three teams in the state again.
From what I’ve seen, they don’t look too hot but I don’t think Overton has all of his kids from Freedom yet. They have too many “coaches” yelling and screaming at the kids, just doesn’t look very organized.

HS’s offense should be lethal with the new QB and Byrd at RB. Varina vs Highland Springs will be must see TV this fall. HS may have the best offense in the state while Varina will be right there with Maury and Phoebus for best defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT