ADVERTISEMENT

Jarvis Vaungh

How many other teams can say the same?

What does that matter in 2018??

People who bring up the past when their team has issues in the current year have serious complex issues.

Enjoy State Titles when you win them and then move on. I know it's a weird concept.

What does that matter in 2018??

People who bring up the past when their team has issues in the current year have serious complex issues.

Enjoy State Titles when you win them and then move on. I know it's a weird concept.
I’m not a Martinsville fan by any means but hey you can’t knock them. Best high school fan base in the state of VA. They win and they let you know they win. It’s no complex issue, it’s called Pride.

I’m not a Martinsville fan by any means but hey you can’t knock them. Best high school fan base in the state of VA. They win and they let you know they win. It’s no complex issue, it’s called Pride.

Call it what you want, guy. It's odd.

I find it comical that people on here are called out for getting in their "feelings" about McClung. Yet it's called "pride" when Martinsville is called out for scoring 30 points in a playoff game and the argument's narrative is then turned to "Hey, we got 15 Championships".

But again, I have to realize this site is full of weird characters.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Call it what you want, guy. It's odd.

I find it comical that people on here are called out for getting in their "feelings" about McClung. Yet it's called "pride" when Martinsville is called out for scoring 30 points in a playoff game and the argument's narrative is then turned to "Hey, we got 15 Championships".

But again, I have to realize this site is full of weird characters.
Nobody on this end is in their feelings guy. Y’all SWVA boys the ones that’s made this a 200+ post thread.

Reactions: AntGZee
Nobody on this end is in their feelings guy. Y’all SWVA boys the ones that’s made this a 200+ post thread.

I never said you were.....

The thread started with how good Vaughn is....people responded with how McClung out played him. The response from you (which is your right) was that you weren't that impressed with McClung and how you've seen better players(which I agree with). People immediately defended McClung and you stated McClung supporters got "in there feelings".

The thread then changed narrative's again with comparing SWVA to Martinsville. People commented that Martinsville scored 30 points in a playoff game and the response was "15 Championships".

What I pointed out with you DSH was the fact that when SWVA fans came to support McClung when you stated other players in the past were better, you stated that those guys were "in there feelings". Yet when someone pointed out that Martinsville scored 30 points in a game and Ant responded with "15 Championships" you stated that's "Pride".

How is it any different?

Reactions: eh31
I never said you were.....

The thread started with how good Vaughn is....people responded with how McClung out played him. The response from you (which is your right) was that you weren't that impressed with McClung and how you've seen better players(which I agree with). People immediately defended McClung and you stated McClung supporters got "in there feelings".

The thread then changed narrative's again with comparing SWVA to Martinsville. People commented that Martinsville scored 30 points in a playoff game and the response was "15 Championships".

What I pointed out with you DSH was the fact that when SWVA fans came to support McClung when you stated other players in the past were better, you stated that those guys were "in there feelings". Yet when someone pointed out that Martinsville scored 30 points in a game and Ant responded with "15 Championships" you stated that's "Pride".

How is it any different?
I don’t really see how stating 15 championships is in your feelings. If you think it is, than you definitely have the right to think that.

I don’t really see how stating 15 championships is in your feelings. If you think it is, than you definitely have the right to think that.

I see it as "in your feelings" for the fact that the person feels so defensive about the teams lack of ability this year that they feel the need to bring up past success.....

Reactions: Buc101 and eh31
After reading this thread, I have the same conclusion Gator has. If a SWVA fan defends Mac their feelings were just hurt, but when a Martinsville brings up the past when the past isn't even in question it's pride. Yea SWVA isn't known for boys basketball championships like they are in most other sports but when the fans are prideful of what was accomplished it seems to take a turn. It almost comes across the opposite way when 1 or 2 mention how SWVA fans are all hyped up over 1 trophy when in fact the1 or 2 making a big deal are the ones worked up that the 1 championship actually happened. This year alone I guarantee GC would compete better in the Piedmont than Martinsville did. This year IS the only year we are referring to.

SwVa people making a big deal of my Dawgs scoring 30 points. I think it's funny. I'm not weird nor do I have a complex. I will always speak up and say something about 15. The past is a part of sports too. You name me one school that would want to have 15 banners in their gym???? What school did you go to Gatorbait??

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Eh31 didn’t even attempt to answer my questions lol let these cats stick to getting excited about dunks!

I don’t remember what your question was but I’m sure I didn’t respond because you were grasping at straws with your deflections.

My argument this entire time has been about this past season. Not any seasons before that. So again, martinsville having 15 championships did not make them a contender for the 2A state championship in 2018. Martinsville beating 5a teams in their district in the regular season did not make them a contender in 2A in 2018. How do I know? Because they struggled to scored 30 points a game in the playoffs against 2A competition in the playoffs. That’s why that keeps being brought up. So whatever you want to try to make your argument to be it’ll be wrong because in the 2A playoffs they proved they weren’t real contenders.

Also your shots about dunks are getting old. I’m sure people do get excited over dunks, but you’re acting like it’s ordinary dunks. Mac went viral for dunking and made national news where the media, celebrities, and his peers considered him one of the best dunkers in the country. Not my words, theirs. So that is kind of exciting, I guess. Also it’s exciting that Mac dominated 2A in a manner that any of us has ever seen before. He scored more points in a season and career than anyone in Virginia ever has, so that’s kind of exciting too.

If you wanna accept the facts and let it be we can stop all this arguing. If not, that’s ok too. There’s not much else to argue about until football season.

I don’t remember what your question was but I’m sure I didn’t respond because you were grasping at straws with your deflections.

My argument this entire time has been about this past season. Not any seasons before that. So again, martinsville having 15 championships did not make them a contender for the 2A state championship in 2018. Martinsville beating 5a teams in their district in the regular season did not make them a contender in 2A in 2018. How do I know? Because they struggled to scored 30 points a game in the playoffs against 2A competition in the playoffs. That’s why that keeps being brought up. So whatever you want to try to make your argument to be it’ll be wrong because in the 2A playoffs they proved they weren’t real contenders.

Also your shots about dunks are getting old. I’m sure people do get excited over dunks, but you’re acting like it’s ordinary dunks. Mac went viral for dunking and made national news where the media, celebrities, and his peers considered him one of the best dunkers in the country. Not my words, theirs. So that is kind of exciting, I guess. Also it’s exciting that Mac dominated 2A in a manner that any of us has ever seen before. He scored more points in a season and career than anyone in Virginia ever has, so that’s kind of exciting too.

If you wanna accept the facts and let it be we can stop all this arguing. If not, that’s ok too. There’s not much else to argue about until football season.
You saw my response and you saw my questions. You chose not to answer because you know I’m correct. That’s certainly your right.

Not ordinary dunks? Maybe for you. We’re used to seeing that type of stuff out our way. Check it out..

Kid can get up for his size, no doubt. I would put him in the top 15. Nothing to snicker at.

I just think it’s funny you fellas judge a contender off of 1 game. For one, Martinsville resume speaks for itself. Martinsville has a program. They are an elite program. Graham got the better end of them. GW did the same a few years back and Martinsville still won the state championship. That’s not a new phenomenon but it doesn’t happen much. Dan River got beat in a game that mattered and had it season ended to an elite program. Congrats to Mac and Gate City. New season starts in November.

PS: I appreciate the good clean debate. No personal attacks. It’s been fun.

Mac is one heck of a ball player no denying that but dominated like none has seen. I beg to differ. Just recently DeVonnte Holland was 3 x all 1st team 2A and 2 x POY 2A. He was also 2 x state champ. Holland dominated on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Mac is one heck of a ball player no denying that but dominated like none has seen. I beg to differ. Just recently DeVonnte Holland was 3 x all 1st team 2A and 2 x POY 2A. He was also 2 x state champ. Holland dominated on both sides of the ball.

Dominated scoring**

Hey I played basketball until my 9th grade year. I sucked lol. I wish I had a 1/4 of the skill of Holland and McClung. I wish nothing but the best for any kid that can go to the next level. When ya get there just rep the state of Va well.

Dominated scoring**
Not to debate, but Holland was a lot like the freshman this year when he first got to Martinsville. A year battling with Ahmad Thomas (GW/2x Big South Defensive Player of the Year for UNC Asheville) and 2 years battling with Maine Edmunds (wasn’t a very good basketball player but will be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft) proved that Holland was a dominant player by his junior year. Holland dominated on the defensive end as well as on offense. That’s why I regard Nibblett so high.

I’ll go as far to say that Nibblett has more upside than Holland had as a freshman. Nibblett can handle the ball, more aggressive, way more athletic and is a better defender. If he can have 3/4’s the career Holland had, he’ll put up huge numbers.

DSH, if Nibblet gets another 3 inches, which I believe will happen, will make for a tough matchup. One thing Jah will need, that Holland had, was that killer instinct. When he gets to his Jr, he will be 2A 1st team. Just my opinion.

DSH, if Nibblet gets another 3 inches, which I believe will happen, will make for a tough matchup. One thing Jah will need, that Holland had, was that killer instinct. When he gets to his Jr, he will be 2A 1st team. Just my opinion.
I agree Ant! I believe he’ll get his chance next year. Atkins should let him run the show like he did with Holland. IMO, Martinsville and Radford should go at it big time next year.

Update on this thread:

Vaughn did go to prep school

McClung is starting for Georgetown & dropped 38 points on Saturday

Update on this thread:

Vaughn did go to prep school

McClung is starting for Georgetown & dropped 38 points on Saturday
I know this is an old thread but DSH posted a video of WARM UP dunks as if that was even remotely close to game dunks! I laughed so hard my Coca-Cola came out my nose! I used to dunk in warmups...kinda'.

Reactions: BigWinners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT