ADVERTISEMENT

Jarvis Vaungh

LOL!!! That last statement is asinine. Jordan didn't need Dwayne Wade (Hall of Fame), Ray Allen (Hall of Fame), Chris Bosh (Hall of Fame if he doesn't have health problems), and Kyrie Irving (Top 4 PG in basketball) to win. MJ didn't whine and complain about needing more All Stars. LBJ is not one of the greatest to do it. Don't doubt that he's one of the most physically gifted players. #1 MJ and then you have Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem, BILL RUSSELL, Wilt, some may even argue Timmy D (5 RINGS)...Then maybe add LeBron in there with Charles Barkley, Isiah and those guys. All I will say is 3-5......That's not greatness to me, especially on the teams that LeBron has been on.

MJ just had Pippen (HOF and one of the 5 greatest defenders ever), Rodman (HOF and one of the 5 greatest defenders ever), Kukoc (The best Euro in the game at the time), and Phil Jackson/Tex Winters (The greatest coaching tandem the NBA has ever seen).

MJ just had Pippen (HOF and one of the 5 greatest defenders ever), Rodman (HOF and one of the 5 greatest defenders ever), Kukoc (The best Euro in the game at the time), and Phil Jackson/Tex Winters (The greatest coaching tandem the NBA has ever seen).
Yes, but 6-0. Finals. LeBron has had some of the best players of this generation on his team..Forgot to add Kevin Love.

Yes, but 6-0.

Who's arguing that?

I thought I stated in my first post that MJ without question is the more accomplished player. But in terms of playing the actually game (scoring, passing, rebounding, defending, longevity) LBJ is just better overall.

Again....no one has ever argued that LBJ has won more......

LOL!!! That last statement is asinine. Jordan didn't need Dwayne Wade (Hall of Fame), Ray Allen (Hall of Fame), Chris Bosh (Hall of Fame if he doesn't have health problems), and Kyrie Irving (Top 4 PG in basketball) to win. MJ didn't whine and complain about needing more All Stars. LBJ is not one of the greatest to do it. Don't doubt that he's one of the most physically gifted players. #1 MJ and then you have Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem, BILL RUSSELL, Wilt, some may even argue Timmy D (5 RINGS)...Then maybe add LeBron in there with Charles Barkley, Isiah and those guys. All I will say is 3-5......That's not greatness to me, especially on the teams that LeBron has been on.

Kobe isn't better than LeBron. Kobe relied on stars as much as LeBron did, playing with arguably the most dominant player ever to win three and then needed Gasol and company for the rest, and he is nowhere near as complete as LeBron. Kobe is a tier below him. The only thing Kobe did better than LeBron was shoot. Everything else, LeBron does better. He's been in the Finals basically every year for a decade. He completed the greatest comeback in NBA Finals history against the greatest regular season team of all time, a team that won more games than the 72-win Bulls. He brought a title to Cleveland. He's clearly better than Kobe, c'mon man. And comparing him to guys like Isiah is an insult. Isaiah is well below LeBron in all facets.

And FTR, I rank Duncan ahead of Kobe. Same amount of rings, both played in the West, but Duncan's teams were never bad, were always in contention. Kobe can't say the same.

And if you're using Finals records to discount people, look at Wilt. 2-6. That's worse than LeBron. And LeBron has only been favored in three of his Finals, winning two ad then upsetting Cleveland. LeBrons 3-5 is better than Wilts 2-6, right?

Last edited:
LBJ and the Dallas series. LBJ melted down and wasn't a factor in the latter part of the series. Jordan and the Bulls would've swept that Dallas Mavericks team.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
DSH, dude lost me when he said MJ wasn't a better defender. MJ is a 9 X all NBA 1st team defense.
Ant these SWVA boys think cause a player can do a fancy dunk then they are great LOL!! Dude said Kobe was a tier below LeBron and Tim Duncan is ahead of Kobe. WHAT!?!! Kobe is the closest thing we’ll likely ever see to the GOAT. We’ll likely never have a player close to Kobe, so you know we won’t have one close to MJ. Sincerely, NOT A KOBE FAN!

Reactions: AntGZee
Ant these SWVA boys think cause a player can do a fancy dunk then they are great LOL!! Dude said Kobe was a tier below LeBron and Tim Duncan is ahead of Kobe. WHAT!?!! Kobe is the closest thing we’ll likely ever see to the GOAT. We’ll likely never have a player close to Kobe, so you know we won’t have one close to MJ. Sincerely, NOT A KOBE FAN!

Remember when you said a Martinsville kid that just got called up from JV was better than Graham’s Darrin Martin?

Reactions: GC1
Remember when you said a Martinsville kid that just got called up from JV was better than Graham’s Darrin Martin?
Not sure what that has to do with anything boss man but yes I said it. Thing is...He is. Just wait on it. Freshman, 6’4 and growing. Kid is going to have colleges drooling over him if he keeps working. Kids a hard worker. Ant and the other Mville fans are too humble to boast on their kid so the Danville fan will!

That young man from Martinsville has a lot of Shaq Patterson in him, talent wise. For those of you that don’t know who that is..He was a highly regarded player from Magna Vista back in my freshman year of high school (2008-09). He too was a 6’4 freshman (Class of 2012). Could dribble, shoot, jump out the gym, kid had G A M E! Had UNC’s Roy Williams drooling over him. Thing is, kid couldn’t stay out of trouble and the streets. Transferred to Mount Zion down in Durham and messed up, eventually dropping out of high school. Had he not had the streets in him, that 2012 Magna Vista team would’ve beat down everyone they played and could’ve possibly been mentioned with the best and biggest public school teams of all time. Plus Patterson who is now about 6’7 would more than likely be in the NBA. I see the same basketball traits in Jaheim! Jaheim has a good head on his shoulders and has the best trait a good ball player can have...HE’S C O A C H A B L E! He’ll do great things.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not sure what that has to do with anything boss man but yes I said it. Thing is...He is. Just wait on it. Freshman, 6’4 and growing. Kid is going to have colleges drooling over him if he keeps working. Kids a hard worker. Ant and the other Mville fans are too humble to boast on their kid so the Danville fan will!

The thing is.. he’s not.. or he wouldn’t have been playing JV all year. Could he be better by the time he’s a junior/senior? Sure. But if he was that good this year I’m sure Martinsville wouldn’t have struggled to hit 30 points in a playoff game.

Can he do fancy dunks?? If he can maybe I’ll agree with you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: GC1
Projected potential people is the key word for the Freshman. Put him on the major AAU circuit not the local team, this thread has drifted so far from the original.

No, you're mad because I'm right and you're wrong. Just because Kobe played a similar style doesn't put him in Jordans realm. You refuse to address my points, because you know I'm right. How many losing seasons did TD have? ZERO
Duncan is the best ever at his position, can Kobe say the same? Nope.
Duncan was ALWAYS the #1 option on his five Finals winning teams, can Kobe say same? NOPE. Duncan never had a top 10 All Timer on his team like Shaq.

Bron>Kobe, and it's not debatable. Any TRUE basketball fan can see that. What can Kobe do that Bron can't?

And I NEVER said LeBron was a better defender, only that he was more versatile on the defensive end.

But you and Ant keep just agreeing with each other if it makes you feel better, bc everyone else sees your takes on the NBA are trash, just like the Big East being better than the ACC LOLOLOL. You don't know anything about the NBA, stay in your lane. You said Dennis Rodman was better than LeBron, that's clown talk.

Career win shares:
Bron #4, Jordan #5, TD #7, Kobe? #15. LOLOL

PER career:
Jordan #1, Bron #2, TD #12, Kobe? #23 LOLOLOL

VORP (Value over replacement) career:
Bron #1, MJ #2, TD #6, Kobe? #16. LOL9L

Take the L and keep moving, you jus got taken to school. I jus proved you're wrong.

Career win shares:
Bron #4, Jordan #5, TD #7, Kobe? #15. LOLOL

PER career:
Jordan #1, Bron #2, TD #12, Kobe? #23 LOLOLOL

VORP (Value over replacement) career:
Bron #1, MJ #2, TD #6, Kobe? #16. LOL9L

Take the L and keep moving, you jus got taken to school. I jus proved you're wrong.
Who cares dude? MJ 6-0..Kobe 5-1.. LeBum 3-5 with a handpicked team.

My number 1 power forward of All Time......... Bob Petitt, the most underrated player literally and historically in NBA history. A one man show. Arguably, one of the best ever. Check this out, 26.4 ppg for a career! 16.2 rebounds per game for a career! Those aren't 1 season. 3.7 blocks per game for a career! He also was the NBA All Star game MVP 4 times, matched only by Kobe Bryant who is the only other player in history to do this. I'm a Spurs fan and love TD, but I have him either tied with Petitt or number two as my best ever power forward as Petitt absolutely dominated. The problem, Petitt played in the 50s and early 60s in the Midwest, and not in a town named NY, Boston, or LA, and a guy named Chamberlain played in the same era. He's largely missed historically, but no power forward has come even close to those career numbers. Not even Duncan or the Mailman. But.....Duncan was an elite defender and has 5 titles which makes a case for Timmy D. At the same time, Parker and Ginobli were elite, not to mention David Robinson....at least he was still elite or close to it in 1999 with TDs first title. Petitt had nowhere close to the supporting cast and still got one title.

One poster mentioned in this thread that Shaq was top 10 All Time in NBA history. For centers, that's true. For overall players, nowhere close.

Last edited:
LOL!! I’m a VCU student and fan and went to every game until the end.. Johnny Williams was unbearable. Johnny Williams was a bottom tier PG in the A10. Our team was probably the most talented we’ve had since 2014 but we had no PG. A lot of times Coach wanted to pull Johnny because he was playing so bad, just had to keep him in because Maye wasn’t ready for that level. Kid averaged 40 in high school..He did have a look from Pittsburgh and interest from NC State along with Kris Lane (5th year player) who was actually offered by Wake and Pitt. Maye: Dayton, Temple, Kansas State, Nebraska, ECU, UNC Charlotte, and those two ACC schools would’ve given him their last scholly had he had been interested to go there. State was loaded with upperclassmen and picked up Lavar Batts Jr. Maye saw VCU as a place he’d play right away. Didn’t happen like that. At the end of the day, you can try to insult me “fact check before you post” but I know that you mountain boys just trying to take my creditabiliy because I have another opinion about your savior. Whatever I say, no emotional decision is envolved like some of you other posters. I see a lot of college games. Seen some great PGs in my 4 years here at VCU come through Siegel Center for my team and opposing teams.
I don't have a pony in this race but why do you have to call a teenage basketball player a savior,you sound very bitter.

Who cares dude? MJ 6-0..Kobe 5-1.. LeBum 3-5 with a handpicked team.

So you admit LeBron and Duncan are better than Wilt?

If rings are the sole determinaton, Robert Horry is better than MJ, Kobe or LeBron.

Kobe's team for his last two titles was absolutely handpicked. Just stop dude, take the L, move on.

My number 1 power forward of All Time......... Bob Petitt, the most underrated player literally and historically in NBA history. A one man show. Arguably, one of the best ever. Check this out, 26.4 ppg for a career! 16.2 rebounds per game for a career! Those aren't 1 season. 3.7 blocks per game for a career! He also was the NBA All Star game MVP 4 times, matched only by Kobe Bryant who is the only other player in history to do this. I'm a Spurs fan and love TD, but I have him either tied with Petitt or number two as my best ever power forward as Petitt absolutely dominated. The problem, Petitt played in the 50s and early 60s in the Midwest, and not in a town named NY, Boston, or LA, and a guy named Chamberlain played in the same era. He's largely missed historically, but no power forward has come even close to those career numbers. Not even Duncan or the Mailman. But.....Duncan was an elite defender and has 5 titles which makes a case for Timmy D. At the same time, Parker and Ginobli were elite, not to mention David Robinson....at least he was still elite or close to it in 1999 with TDs first title. Petitt had nowhere close to the supporting cast and still got one title.

One poster mentioned in this thread that Shaq was top 10 All Time in NBA history. For centers, that's true. For overall players, nowhere close.

Neither Parker nor Manu were elite in 99, neither player was on the 99 team.

And after Admiral retired, the only other truly elite player TD had was Kawhi, for one title .

I disagree on Parker and Manu. In my opinion, they were elite level NBA players. As for Labron, MJ, Wilt......that's not my argument unless you are calling them 4s. I have Labron as a three and Wilt as a true center. I have Petitt either the best or tied for the PF of all time.

I disagree on Parker and Manu. In my opinion, they were elite level NBA players. As for Labron, MJ, Wilt......that's not my argument unless you are calling them 4s. I have Labron as a three and Wilt as a true center. I have Petitt either the best or tied for the PF of all time.

I define elite as one of the 2-3 best at their position when they played and neither Parker nor Manu fit that bill.

So you admit LeBron and Duncan are better than Wilt?

If rings are the sole determinaton, Robert Horry is better than MJ, Kobe or LeBron.

Kobe's team for his last two titles was absolutely handpicked. Just stop dude, take the L, move on.
You have to be like a 12 year old. You still trying to argue over who was better...Getting all emotional and such.. Know your facts. Memphis got rid of Pau in 08 because the Lakers offered more future compensation. Kobe didn’t handpick anything..He made a request to be traded and was likely going to be sent to Chicago. Lakers already had Bynum (who was drafted by LA), Fish (bounced around a little before returning to LA), Ariza (drafted by LA) and Odom (acquired in 2004). Handpicked? The following year after they beat Orlando, they got Ron Artest, a role player, in free agency and they beat Boston in 7... Kobe’s role players included Shannon Brown, Luke Walton, DJ Mbenga and Adam Morrison...Please stop. I’m def putting you on ignore.

You have to be like a 12 year old. You still trying to argue over who was better...Getting all emotional and such.. Know your facts. Memphis got rid of Pau in 08 because the Lakers offered more future compensation. Kobe didn’t handpick anything..He made a request to be traded and was likely going to be sent to Chicago. Lakers already had Bynum (who was drafted by LA), Fish (bounced around a little before returning to LA), Ariza (drafted by LA) and Odom (acquired in 2004). Handpicked? The following year after they beat Orlando, they got Ron Artest, a role player, in free agency and they beat Boston in 7... Kobe’s role players included Shannon Brown, Luke Walton, DJ Mbenga and Adam Morrison...Please stop. I’m def putting you on ignore.

I'm older than you are kid, you know nothing. Memphis traded Pau because they couldn't afford his big upcoming contract and the Lakers got him for PEANUTS. Kobe made them build a tram around him after running Shaq out of town because his fragile ego couldn't handle not being the top dog.

Why don't you list the real contributors? Pau, Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Ariza, Farmar, Fisher and Walton. No one else got more than 16 minutes per game .Kobe NEVER did it on his own, period. He always had a second all star, and Odom was a fringe AS player. You're a fool. Brown only played in 18 games (7 minutes per game), Morrison eight games. You're clueless.

The Lakers got lucky the Nuggets upset the Spurs on a horrendous call in game five or Kobe wouldn't have won it in 2009. 2010 they added another AS, Artest. So, Kobe had a very good tram around him, three all stars plus Odom and Bynum. I'm tired of this, you're clueless. No one puts Kobe above LeBron except for people who don't know shit about basketball.

And Duncan? LOL Kobe can't carry TDs jock. How TD won five finals and beat LeBron in two of them. Who's the best team Kobe beat to win a title after Shaq left? Huh? How many MVPs does Kobe have? One. Duncan has two. All the advanced stats show Duncan > Kobe.

Anyone arguing otherwise doesn't know anything about basketball. TD made playoffs his entire career, mever had a losing season, two MVPs, made All-NBA 1st team ten times. More than Kobe. All Defense team 15 times. All NBA 1-2-3rd team 16 times, more than Kobe. Just stop dude, you're wrong and making yourself look dumb.

And FWIW, Duncan is 5-1 as well and he beat much better teams in the Finals. TD>>>>>>>>Kobe

I define elite as the eye test and value to a team. Both were elite and solid. Parker at one point, in my opinion, was the best point guard in the NBA at his position. Yes, including over Allen "turnover and give up 30 points per game" Iverson. Parker was elite by most standards. Manu was incredibly good.

I define elite as the eye test and value to a team. Both were elite and solid. Parker at one point, in my opinion, was the best point guard in the NBA at his position. Yes, including over Allen "turnover and give up 30 points per game" Iverson. Parker was elite by most standards. Manu was incredibly good.
Man you may as well talk to the birds outside. Parker played at a very high level for a long time. Manu did too. I’d define them both elite up until 2015.

So what, Martinsville had a tough game and only scored 30 points. If you play in playoff games enough, then it's possible to have one of those games. I remember Martinsville playing two teams in the state semis and finals and beating both teams by a combined total of almost 90 points. Yeah, this has been within the last 3 years. No need of naming teams cuz we know who they are.

So what, Martinsville had a tough game and only scored 30 points. If you play in playoff games enough, then it's possible to have one of those games. I remember Martinsville playing two teams in the state semis and finals and beating both teams by a combined total of almost 90 points. Yeah, this has been within the last 3 years. No need of naming teams cuz we know who they are.

I just figured how much y’all wanted to hype up Pettway and the JV freshman they could score more than 30 in a game. Maybe if the game was played on Sunday Martinsville would’ve played better. Probably could’ve played twice on Sunday and won both!

Pettway made 1st team all 2A. The freshman will be the real deal. You'll see. I personally don't care for how Martinsville is coached. I'm not surprised that they scored 30 in a game. Trust me, we've given more Ls than we've taken.

I just figured how much y’all wanted to hype up Pettway and the JV freshman they could score more than 30 in a game. Maybe if the game was played on Sunday Martinsville would’ve played better. Probably could’ve played twice on Sunday and won both!
Martinsville has how many championships? Oh got it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT