ADVERTISEMENT

JD Semifinals

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Charlottesville beat Western Albemarle for the second straight time 58-55 in OT tonight. Junior Immanuel Wells hit a 3 with 3 seconds left to give the Black Knight's the win.

Albemarle won a wild, back and forth battle against Louisa, winning 62-61.

Charlottesville and Albemarle will play for the JD Championship Friday night at AHS.

Charlottesville looked like the Charlottesville I saw most of the year, not the team that traveled to Louisa a couple of weeks ago. I was so glad to see them shut those smug old WA fans up. Star Jaylen Hudson showed great confidence passing to his teammate for the open, game-winning corner 3 instead of trying to drive into a double team.

Louisa played what I consider their best game of the season, only to get beat down by the officials repeatedly in the last minute after taking the lead. It's a shame. Chris Steppe and Malachi Poindexter combined for 38 points and eight 3-pointers. Sophomore Brandon Smith had probably his best career game, getting clutch rebounds and blocks, a 3-pointer, and had his first career dunk. Jarret Hunter was nearly unstoppable around the free throw line. If Louisa stays healthy, plays consistently like they did last night, and certain players get less playing time due to lack of hustle, they will be very tough to beat in the Conference and beyond. I know last night's game was pointless, so hopefully we can continue to play with that energy in the upcoming meaningful games. If so, we'll be fine. I believe the Lions get another crack at Western Albemarle Friday in the 3rd place game.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Charlottesville looked like the Charlottesville I saw most of the year, not the team that traveled to Louisa a couple of weeks ago. I was so glad to see them shut those smug old WA fans up. Star Jaylen Hudson showed great confidence passing to his teammate for the open, game-winning corner 3 instead of trying to drive into a double team.

Louisa played what I consider their best game of the season, only to get beat down by the officials repeatedly in the last minute after taking the lead. It's a shame. Chris Steppe and Malachi Poindexter combined for 38 points and eight 3-pointers. Sophomore Brandon Smith had probably his best career game, getting clutch rebounds and blocks, a 3-pointer, and had his first career dunk. Jarret Hunter was nearly unstoppable around the free throw line. If Louisa stays healthy, plays consistently like they did last night, and certain players get less playing time due to lack of hustle, they will be very tough to beat in the Conference and beyond. I know last night's game was pointless, so hopefully we can continue to play with that energy in the upcoming meaningful games. If so, we'll be fine. I believe the Lions get another crack at Western Albemarle Friday in the 3rd place game.

Louisa has the talent to beat Eastern View. I really want that to happen. They played a great game, and if not for some unfortunate calls they would have beaten Albemarle.

Last edited:
The clean block Smith had that was called a foul, and then the foul on Louisa while both teams were on the floor fighting for the rebound after the Albemarle free throw, which led to more free throws, are just two calls that really still stand out in my mind.

The clean block Smith had that was called a foul, and then the foul on Louisa while both teams were on the floor fighting for the rebound after the Albemarle free throw, which led to more free throws, are just two calls that really still stand out in my mind.

I also thought you could make an argument that whoever took that last half court shot for Louisa was fouled.

Yeah, I didn't even wanna mention that one, ha. Usually in any game, on any level, the officials aren't going to call the foul in that situation, especially for the visiting team. But in this case, the official blew the whistle as if he was calling the foul, then just ended the game. It was some BS.

This is the type of effort I've been seeing from Louisa the past 12 games minus the loss to Kellam. They're 8-4 during that span only taking losses to Albemarle 2x, Western, and to 6A Kellam. I keep saying this team is young but seasoned because of AAU competition.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Louisa has the talent to beat Eastern View. I really want that to happen. They played a great game, and if not for some unfortunate calls they would have beaten Albemarle.
They gotta get by Chancellor first and that game will tell a lot. And EV hosts the tournament so it will be at EV

They gotta get by Chancellor first and that game will tell a lot. And EV hosts the tournament so it will be at EV
I think the Chancellor game will definitely tell a lot.
They have some athletes but mainly football players. There big is a super athlete. Most of Louisa's damage will be done from the outside so that alone will put lots of pressure on their perimeter players. Quite honestly Louisa's backcourt is you of the better in this area on the public school side. It should be a good game.

I think the Chancellor game will definitely tell a lot.
They have some athletes but mainly football players. There big is a super athlete. Most of Louisa's damage will be done from the outside so that alone will put lots of pressure on their perimeter players. Quite honestly Louisa's backcourt is you of the better in this area on the public school side. It should be a good game.
Guess that is irrelevant now that King George upset chancellor. Will be some good games at EV Wednesday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT