ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson District 2015

Oh ok, gotcha. I don't think the Jefferson is a bunch of scrubs , I think there is talent through out, guess we will find out if they win any playoff games. Hard to speculate now, lots of games to get there first.

Reactions: OCBoy
The problem, HoosFan, is I don't see the teams in the Jefferson getting good seeds in the playoffs. Western maybe goes 8-2 and gets a good seed in 3A and then they probably advance a couple of rounds.

Albemarle could go 7-3 and still run into a monster. 5A is absolutely loaded.

I feel like most of the district ends up 4-6, 5-5 and 6-4 and you're probably going to run into a beast in the first round in that scenario and definitely in the second round.

Those not usual self teams will roast PH happens every year. PH is 6A south and they fit the same song the Franklin County did. They make the playoffs and come to NOVA and get whipped. This year it could be a Richmond team from 6A south. Regardless even if PH does win a first round game they will get roasted sometime in there.

Reactions: hamspear
Do you not understand that Albermarle is not good because they beat Louisa and Patrick Henry? all three are not good this year. As a 5A team, Albermarle should have beat Louisa by at least 3 Td's. Yes , all three have some players, but overall in a playoff format , all three teams are going to get trucked in the respective classes they play in. And when I say trucked, I mean by the biggest Mack 18 wheeler on the road.

By who? Hylton? Battlefield? Those teams aren't their usual selves. PH won't see a tough team until a few rounds in.
Hoosfan you talk all this smack about how great everyone is in the district and I have yet to see a championship team. You are what your record is and thats the facts. I can't hype the my squad up because we just are not very good.

Thanks mike 5A then. You get same outcome but maybe worst now. 5A is stacked HS, LCB, Measowbrook, massaponax, etc

Reactions: mike salem
Just be humble and call it like it is. Don't change weekly and say this could of happened or this could have happened. Be upfront and let it be let the what ifs and maybes handle themselves at game time.

But that's not "like it is". You people don't even watch the majority of the teams, then come on here and make posts based on history and perceived images of teams you put in your heads. I know good teams when I see them. Albemarle's good. Not world beaters, just a sleeper that can upset a team or two in the playoffs GOOD. I'm not going to make negative posts just to satisfy a few posters and act like that's just "how it is.", because I'd be lying.

@Snookasuperstar I guess you weren't around when Monticello won their championships. I'm not talking smack, but if that's how everyone is taking it, I'll stop posting.
Oh I was that was ten years or more ago though right? Maybe it's not smack, maybe it's your passion and I should have used a different word other than smack. At least you can talk about hope for your team. I maybe jealous cause we are just in a real live football cycle. Keep posting hoos. You mean well. Without you hoos there would be no snooka.

Monticello's last title was in 2007 with QB Michael Graham and Takeem Hedgeman going 13-1 and beating Richlands.

Predictions for week 2 district play:

Albemarle over Orange in a blowout. Orange likes to run the ball and that's Albemarle's defensive strength.

Charlottesville over Monticello in a thriller.

Louisa over Fluvanna. Lions win by 1.

Western Albemarle over Powhatan in a blowout.

Last edited:
So would that make Louisa football fans happy if they beat an 0-4 team by 50+? Seems more of a cowardly Lion approach to me.

Wow! It's just a prediction. It's just saying Louisa's still a good team and should handle a team like Fluvanna as such. Fans will be happy after Louisa proves the idiots on here, who read too much into things, wrong by showing their front heavy schedule helped them go on their 6-game winning streak. I'm glad the conversations feature was turned on, very nice to talk actual football and Xs and Os now. That's the only thing keeping me here and my subscription now (sorry Rod).

I think I know how you reacted when you saw the Salem 77-14 score @bceagle47.

Last edited:
PH will see massaponax mountain view those type teams
I think you'd agree it won't be good for PH regardless of who they play they have no defense. They'd be much better suited in 3/4a.

Last edited:
Wow! It's just a prediction. It's just saying Louisa's still a good team and should handle a team like Fluvanna as such. Fans will be happy after Louisa proves the idiots on here, who read too much into things, wrong by showing their front heavy schedule helped them go on their 6-game winning streak. I'm glad the conversations feature was turned on, very nice to talk actual football and Xs and Os now. That's the only thing keeping me here and my subscription now (sorry Rod).

I think I know how you reacted when you saw the Salem 77-14 score @bceagle47.
Their early schedule should help them in the JD, but I don't think getting beat handily by good teams means anything for their remaining schedule, especially after losing the first district game to Albemarle. For your sake I hope they win out reg season, but don't expect much out of non-Louisa folks till they show us something. Potential doesn't go far unless results follow. Ask Mike London how potential is working out for them. (I'm a UVA guy too)

Albemarle over Orange in a blowout. Orange likes to run the ball and that's Albemarle's defensive strength.

Why Louisa by only 1? Does Fluvanna normally play Louisa that close?

Those early games helped because they quickly exposed our weakness in execution and personnel. Movement was made and things were taught, and they looked much better defensively regardless of losing on Thursday. I agree with you they need to string together some wins to shut the naysayers up. And everyone will soon see just how good of a team Albemarle is. Their points allowed and defensive stats will speak for themselves. Any images in one's head that they're last year's Albemarle or the horrible Albemarle teams of the past, should just be wiped away.

@Snookasuperstar I guess you weren't around when Monticello won their championships. I'm not talking smack, but if that's how everyone is taking it, I'll stop posting.
I don't perceive your posts as smack. I think your Louisa passion can sometimes cloud your judgement. We're ALL guilty of that sometimes. Don't stop posting, just remember it's been a while since Louisa & Monticello or the JD has been state level.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Those early games helped because they quickly exposed our weakness in execution and personnel. Movement was made and things were taught, and they looked much better defensively regardless of losing on Thursday. I agree with you they need to string together some wins to shut the naysayers up. And everyone will soon see just how good of a team Albemarle is. Their points allowed and defensive stats will speak for themselves. Any images in one's head that they're last year's Albemarle or the horrible Albemarle teams of the past, should just be wiped away.
I hope you're right Hoos but don't let boo birds get you down, keep posting

I think I'm getting Patrick Henry Roanoke and PH Ashland mixed up who did Albemarle play? Ash or Roa?

I am not bothering with redoing offensive and defensive ratings for everybody until Monday's make up games are in, so no predicted scores yet, but I have updated ratings so here are the computer's predictions for margin of victory this week:

Albemarle by 9 over Orange
Charlottesville by 1 over Monticello
Louisa by 29 over Fluvanna
Western Albemarle by 12 over Powhatan

So the computer likes the same teams you like, but not quite as into the blowouts.

I am going to take mustangs by 14. Never trusted computers they don't measure intangibles. The rest of the games I can go with.

What you have in the JD is a bunch of fairly evenly matched average teams. WA seems to be the most consistent and therefore the favorite to garner the most wins. Fluvanna is just not good and probably won't get a win this year. The rest are teams that can beat any other on any given night. Some one of them will have to make a move if they want to get in the playoffs because what they're doing now just isn't cutting it. Even if someone other than WA sneaks in, the seeding will make getting beyond the first round extremely difficult. GL to all the JD in 2015.

Pretty much sums it up, all but maybe one team will be first round losers in the playoffs. Watched that video of Fluvanna playing Louisa, wow. Just wow. And not for Louisa, that Fluvanna D needs some work, even if you don't have talent, where was the intensity?

Pretty much sums it up, all but maybe one team will be first round losers in the playoffs. Watched that video of Fluvanna playing Louisa, wow. Just wow. And not for Louisa, that Fluvanna D needs some work, even if you don't have talent, where was the intensity?
Saw the video also. Fluvanna couldn't tackle anyone. They looked just like Louisa against Sherando and Courtland. This is what I mean by perspective.

Lmfao Shaunty you about to stir things up but hilarious haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT