ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson District boys basketball tournament

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Louisa will be the #1 seed, by virtue of a random number draw. They host #8 Fluvanna for the district quarterfinals on Friday.

#2 Albemarle hosts #7 Powhatan
#3 Western Albemarle hosts #6 Monticello
#4 Charlottesville hosts #5 Orange

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You should see more playing time in your regionals. Charlottesville could use another shooter on the perimeter for real.

Haha I hope so. I've had a few good good games this year. I must admit I wasn't totally sold on Louisa until they beat Grafton and AHS...and after last night I fully believe they are a legit threat to Loudoun Valley and Lake Taylor.

I knew they were going to be good but, they’re making it look pretty easy right now. It’s all about their defense and different kids having the ability to step up when needed. I hope you guys take care of Basset.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I knew they were going to be good but, they’re making it look pretty easy right now. It’s all about their defense and different kids having the ability to step up when needed. I hope you guys take care of Basset.

I've seen some film...we should be ok. Assuming we win, I'd love a chance at Glass. They lost to Western by 15 in a scrimmage, and we had a chance to beat Western every time we played them.

Ive watched you play quite a bit the last few years. Just a heads up you have got to start putting the ball on the floor to create space for shots. Keep grinding dude.

Thanks man. It's been a real learning year for me. The varsity level is just way faster and more physical. We're pretty young this year...I think we'll be better next. I won't make it to the championship tonight, but if Louisa is ever playing anyone in town and we don't play hit me up and I'll see if I can introduce myself formally.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Albemarle wins 60-54. I hate to complain about them but that was the worst officiated game I've seen in a long time. It really took away from what should've been an amazing game. But at least the gym was rocking.

Congratulations to Albemarle. Hopefully both teams make noise in their respective brackets.

Last edited:
Albemarle wins 60-54. I hate to complain about them but that was the worst officiated game I've seen in a long time. It really took away from what should've been an amazing game. But at least the gym was rocking.

Congratulations to Albemarle. Hopefully both teams make noise in their respective brackets.
I believe it. It happens like that. Hope it’s the last loss the Lions see this year, unless they play my Danville boys lol. I’m hopeful to see a Louisa/Caroline regional championship game.

I agree. To waive off the and-1 by Hunter changed the game to AHS to have them to be honest.
And then made the free throws one and ones on top of that. And it wasn't just that sequence, the calls were literally terrible and inconsistent from the very start of the game. That crew has worked plenty of Louisa games, and has done subpar jobs at best, but this was atrocious.

Here's the aforementioned waived and-1. The score was 56-54 Albemarle with 16 seconds left at the time. Louisa would've retaken the lead with a made free throw.

Last edited:
I think the VHSL should allow a district, conference or region end of year coaches meeting to discuss the implement of refs for post season play. After the smoke settles the coaches that benefit from those calls will side with the right call. These refs should be split up and not allowed to work post season games as a crew that play was game determining.

Huegunot is my sleeper in the 4B region

The Dominion is a tough district for basketball. It is probably the best district in Richmond... not sure if it is tougher than the Jefferson or not. I would lean towards the Dominion being better but not drastically. I would not be stunned if Huguenot won either. Hug and Mon are basically chalk against each other. At 18-2 I would have to side with Louisa being the overall number 1 provided they win their District. It may not matter though bc I don't think any of the 4A Dominion teams can win the Dominion District tourny(GW and Bird are better)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT